Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default general food question

not totally related to diabetic but i am interested in your thoughts here.

we live in a very rural area, the DH is currently experienceing a back flare
up, I am wondering if any of the sites on line that sell food are worth
looking at, i want quality, i want reliable, if it gets to the house i can
get it in and put away, and i would like the most economical ones possible,
if we do this it will save going out in the cold and dh being on his feet
for an extended period of time but i have no idea besides what little i have
looked on amazon as to reliable food sites

all comments welcome, Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> not totally related to diabetic but i am interested in your thoughts here.
>
> we live in a very rural area, the DH is currently experienceing a back
> flare up, I am wondering if any of the sites on line that sell food are
> worth looking at, i want quality, i want reliable, if it gets to the house
> i can get it in and put away, and i would like the most economical ones
> possible, if we do this it will save going out in the cold and dh being on
> his feet for an extended period of time but i have no idea besides what
> little i have looked on amazon as to reliable food sites
>
> all comments welcome, Lee

Mostly what food I buy online would be of no interest to you because it's
allergen free. And not cheap. I've bought some stuff at Amazon and some at
Drugstore.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

ok
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> not totally related to diabetic but i am interested in your thoughts
>> here.
>>
>> we live in a very rural area, the DH is currently experienceing a back
>> flare up, I am wondering if any of the sites on line that sell food are
>> worth looking at, i want quality, i want reliable, if it gets to the
>> house i can get it in and put away, and i would like the most economical
>> ones possible, if we do this it will save going out in the cold and dh
>> being on his feet for an extended period of time but i have no idea
>> besides what little i have looked on amazon as to reliable food sites
>>
>> all comments welcome, Lee

> Mostly what food I buy online would be of no interest to you because it's
> allergen free. And not cheap. I've bought some stuff at Amazon and some
> at Drugstore.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i did see on amazon they have a lot of amy's organic Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> not totally related to diabetic but i am interested in your thoughts
>> here.
>>
>> we live in a very rural area, the DH is currently experienceing a back
>> flare up, I am wondering if any of the sites on line that sell food are
>> worth looking at, i want quality, i want reliable, if it gets to the
>> house i can get it in and put away, and i would like the most economical
>> ones possible, if we do this it will save going out in the cold and dh
>> being on his feet for an extended period of time but i have no idea
>> besides what little i have looked on amazon as to reliable food sites
>>
>> all comments welcome, Lee

> Mostly what food I buy online would be of no interest to you because it's
> allergen free. And not cheap. I've bought some stuff at Amazon and some
> at Drugstore.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i did see on amazon they have a lot of amy's organic Lee

Yes.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> not totally related to diabetic but i am interested in your thoughts here.
>
> we live in a very rural area, the DH is currently experienceing a back
> flare up, I am wondering if any of the sites on line that sell food are
> worth looking at, i want quality, i want reliable, if it gets to the house
> i can get it in and put away, and i would like the most economical ones
> possible, if we do this it will save going out in the cold and dh being on
> his feet for an extended period of time but i have no idea besides what
> little i have looked on amazon as to reliable food sites
>
> all comments welcome, Lee

I was really surprised to get both good selection and good
service from walmart.com. They have a big internet-order
business, you might give them a try.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

call your local area stores...many deliver but dont advertise it

there's also the online food delivery services like schwans and that other
one that went under but came back..cant recall the name right now

http://www.schwans.com/

or as other said amazon and Wal-Mart and target all deliver foods

KROM

"Storrmmee" wrote in message ...

not totally related to diabetic but i am interested in your thoughts here.

we live in a very rural area, the DH is currently experienceing a back flare
up, I am wondering if any of the sites on line that sell food are worth
looking at, i want quality, i want reliable, if it gets to the house i can
get it in and put away, and i would like the most economical ones possible,
if we do this it will save going out in the cold and dh being on his feet
for an extended period of time but i have no idea besides what little i have
looked on amazon as to reliable food sites

all comments welcome, Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i have used site to store with them but you liked the delivery part of it?
how were the shipping charges? Lee
"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> not totally related to diabetic but i am interested in your thoughts
>> here.
>>
>> we live in a very rural area, the DH is currently experienceing a back
>> flare up, I am wondering if any of the sites on line that sell food are
>> worth looking at, i want quality, i want reliable, if it gets to the
>> house i can get it in and put away, and i would like the most economical
>> ones possible, if we do this it will save going out in the cold and dh
>> being on his feet for an extended period of time but i have no idea
>> besides what little i have looked on amazon as to reliable food sites
>>
>> all comments welcome, Lee

> I was really surprised to get both good selection and good
> service from walmart.com. They have a big internet-order
> business, you might give them a try.
>
> pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

in springfield they deliver but none of the regular chains come out as far
as we are... if we were in chicago it would be peapod, as an on topic aside,
if you go to the peapod site and put in a zip that they deliver to, if you
find a food you can click on the link and it gives you the nutritional info,
Lee
"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> call your local area stores...many deliver but don't advertise it
>
> there's also the online food delivery services like schwans and that other
> one that went under but came back..cant recall the name right now
>
> http://www.schwans.com/
>
> or as other said amazon and Wal-Mart and target all deliver foods
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>
> not totally related to diabetic but i am interested in your thoughts here.
>
> we live in a very rural area, the DH is currently experienceing a back
> flare
> up, I am wondering if any of the sites on line that sell food are worth
> looking at, i want quality, i want reliable, if it gets to the house i can
> get it in and put away, and i would like the most economical ones
> possible,
> if we do this it will save going out in the cold and dh being on his feet
> for an extended period of time but i have no idea besides what little i
> have
> looked on amazon as to reliable food sites
>
> all comments welcome, Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i have used site to store with them but you liked the delivery part of it?
>how were the shipping charges? Lee
> "pavane" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> not totally related to diabetic but i am interested in your thoughts
>>> here.
>>>
>>> we live in a very rural area, the DH is currently experienceing a back
>>> flare up, I am wondering if any of the sites on line that sell food are
>>> worth looking at, i want quality, i want reliable, if it gets to the
>>> house i can get it in and put away, and i would like the most economical
>>> ones possible, if we do this it will save going out in the cold and dh
>>> being on his feet for an extended period of time but i have no idea
>>> besides what little i have looked on amazon as to reliable food sites
>>>
>>> all comments welcome, Lee

>> I was really surprised to get both good selection and good
>> service from walmart.com. They have a big internet-order
>> business, you might give them a try.
>>
>> pavane

They have a $45. minimum order for free shipping to home.
The delivery service was a bit weird (I ordered 5 cans of
Juanita's Menudo, they sent one can with two batches of
socks, then 4 cans by themselves in a later shipment) but
everything arrived in good form, a bit slower than Amazon
but the food selection is much more wide-ranging. I had
no problem bulking up the food order to reach the free ship
limit. Here is their shipping page and it links into the other
stuff: http://www.walmart.com/cp/Free-Shipping/1088989
I would have no qualms about ordering again from them.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> not totally related to diabetic but i am interested in your thoughts
>> here.
>>
>> we live in a very rural area, the DH is currently experienceing a back
>> flare up, I am wondering if any of the sites on line that sell food are
>> worth looking at, i want quality, i want reliable, if it gets to the
>> house i can get it in and put away, and i would like the most economical
>> ones possible, if we do this it will save going out in the cold and dh
>> being on his feet for an extended period of time but i have no idea
>> besides what little i have looked on amazon as to reliable food sites
>>
>> all comments welcome, Lee

> I was really surprised to get both good selection and good
> service from walmart.com. They have a big internet-order
> business, you might give them a try.

Oh yes! I did use them for some Christmas stuff.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i have used site to store with them but you liked the delivery part of it?
>how were the shipping charges? Lee

When I ordered there were no shipping charges at all but I think that was a
promo.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, i really feel stupid, have used site to store with great success,
Lee
"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>i have used site to store with them but you liked the delivery part of it?
>>how were the shipping charges? Lee

>>> I was really surprised to get both good selection and good
>>> service from walmart.com. They have a big internet-order
>>> business, you might give them a try.
>>>
>>> pavane

> They have a $45. minimum order for free shipping to home.
> The delivery service was a bit weird (I ordered 5 cans of
> Juanita's Menudo, they sent one can with two batches of
> socks, then 4 cans by themselves in a later shipment) but
> everything arrived in good form, a bit slower than Amazon
> but the food selection is much more wide-ranging. I had
> no problem bulking up the food order to reach the free ship
> limit. Here is their shipping page and it links into the other
> stuff: http://www.walmart.com/cp/Free-Shipping/1088989
> I would have no qualms about ordering again from them.
>
> pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>i have used site to store with them but you liked the delivery part of it?
>>how were the shipping charges? Lee

> When I ordered there were no shipping charges at all but I think that was
> a promo.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

nice!

KROM

"Storrmmee" wrote...

in springfield they deliver but none of the regular chains come out as far
as we are... if we were in chicago it would be peapod, as an on topic aside,
if you go to the peapod site and put in a zip that they deliver to, if you
find a food you can click on the link and it gives you the nutritional info,
Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i use it when i am trying a new recipe/processed food, its not MY fault they
won't sell me stuff, lol, Lee
"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> nice!
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote...
>
> in springfield they deliver but none of the regular chains come out as far
> as we are... if we were in chicago it would be peapod, as an on topic
> aside,
> if you go to the peapod site and put in a zip that they deliver to, if you
> find a food you can click on the link and it gives you the nutritional
> info,
> Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

its too late now but I should have ordered from amazon this year..I cant
find fresh figs anywhere around here..its weird!

I was going to cover them in chocolate but settled for pecan nut balls
instead..lol

KROM

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> nice!
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote...
>
> in springfield they deliver but none of the regular chains come out as far
> as we are... if we were in chicago it would be peapod, as an on topic
> aside,
> if you go to the peapod site and put in a zip that they deliver to, if you
> find a food you can click on the link and it gives you the nutritional
> info,
> Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i was just discussing fruits with a df, we couldn't find fresh figs, and the
dates, were dried, but felt through the package, to me weren't right in a
way i can't explain... she happened onto apricots dried in sams on the
clearance rack no less... she put them in port wine and waited, says they
are wonderful, Lee

General Oolong Question Ed[_14_] Tea 4 01-11-2009 11:37 PM
Soave general question Joseph Coulter[_7_] Wine 9 06-02-2009 01:16 PM
Question re General Tso's Chicken ingredient limey General Cooking 34 05-06-2007 08:27 PM
general question - korean supermarket kalanamak General Cooking 10 03-06-2004 11:25 AM
general marmalade question Mike Acord Preserving 1 28-01-2004 04:41 AM