Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default No birthday for us!

The whole thing turns out to be a moot point. And I am frustrated. Angela
has had a nasty cough for over two weeks now. I took her to the Dr. last
week who thought it was a virus but also said she had an ear infection.
Actually she saw the NP and not a Dr. All sorts of kids and adults at the
dance studio have said they have had this cough thing for weeks and nothing
helps with it.

Took her back to the Dr. yesterday because she keeps coughing until she
pukes. It worries me very badly at night. They have her on Benadryl which
for some reason is the only thing that seems to help, if only slightly with
the cough. But it puts her in a deep sleep. So I worry she will aspirate
in her sleep.

Well now I have a cough. Long story short the Dr. thinks we have whooping
cough. He also diagnosed Angela with having a slightly enlarged heart, the
cause of which remains to be seen.

We see the Endo. tomorrow. A search online turns up that an enlarged heart
can cause coughing and it can be caused by a thyroid problem which she has.
The Dr. also said it is sometimes seen in athletes and she does do a lot of
dance.

She has to go in 2 weeks to her pediatrician and maybe also a pediatric
cardiologist.

So we are just sitting here waiting for the test results of the whooping
cough test which is done via a nasal swab. If she has it, I will need to be
treated and so will my parents. But I can't get my mom to see this. She
said she is immune since she had it as a child. But the Dr. said anyone can
get it and they are now finding that even the immunization that Angela had
as a baby has been found not to be very effective.

If we do have it, we will have to quarantine ourselves for 7 days, according
to the Dr. What I read online sounded more favorable and said once on the
antibiotic for 3-5 days we should no longer be contagious.

My nephew and his GF do not want to take the chance of getting the whooping
cough. He works with kids and she works with the elderly.

So... We will go to my parent's house earlier in the day, drop off the
presents, then call them from outside the house so we don't have contact
with anyone.

Now I just don't know what to do with the desserts I bought. Some of them
might keep until Thanksgiving although we don't know what we are doing on
that day. Costco had cheese fudge and also a lemon ricotta cake with no egg
or flour in it. I think they will both keep for a while. And I figure I
can have a bite of each because they don't look super high in carbs.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

lots of those types of desserts can freeze as well, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> The whole thing turns out to be a moot point. And I am frustrated.
> Angela has had a nasty cough for over two weeks now. I took her to the
> Dr. last week who thought it was a virus but also said she had an ear
> infection. Actually she saw the NP and not a Dr. All sorts of kids and
> adults at the dance studio have said they have had this cough thing for
> weeks and nothing helps with it.
>
> Took her back to the Dr. yesterday because she keeps coughing until she
> pukes. It worries me very badly at night. They have her on Benadryl
> which for some reason is the only thing that seems to help, if only
> slightly with the cough. But it puts her in a deep sleep. So I worry she
> will aspirate in her sleep.
>
> Well now I have a cough. Long story short the Dr. thinks we have whooping
> cough. He also diagnosed Angela with having a slightly enlarged heart,
> the cause of which remains to be seen.
>
> We see the Endo. tomorrow. A search online turns up that an enlarged
> heart can cause coughing and it can be caused by a thyroid problem which
> she has. The Dr. also said it is sometimes seen in athletes and she does
> do a lot of dance.
>
> She has to go in 2 weeks to her pediatrician and maybe also a pediatric
> cardiologist.
>
> So we are just sitting here waiting for the test results of the whooping
> cough test which is done via a nasal swab. If she has it, I will need to
> be treated and so will my parents. But I can't get my mom to see this.
> She said she is immune since she had it as a child. But the Dr. said
> anyone can get it and they are now finding that even the immunization that
> Angela had as a baby has been found not to be very effective.
>
> If we do have it, we will have to quarantine ourselves for 7 days,
> according to the Dr. What I read online sounded more favorable and said
> once on the antibiotic for 3-5 days we should no longer be contagious.
>
> My nephew and his GF do not want to take the chance of getting the
> whooping cough. He works with kids and she works with the elderly.
>
> So... We will go to my parent's house earlier in the day, drop off the
> presents, then call them from outside the house so we don't have contact
> with anyone.
>
> Now I just don't know what to do with the desserts I bought. Some of them
> might keep until Thanksgiving although we don't know what we are doing on
> that day. Costco had cheese fudge and also a lemon ricotta cake with no
> egg or flour in it. I think they will both keep for a while. And I
> figure I can have a bite of each because they don't look super high in
> carbs.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> lots of those types of desserts can freeze as well, Lee

I will check the dates and if they won't keep until either Thanksgiving or
my SIL's birthday I will freeze them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> So we are just sitting here waiting for the test results of the whooping
>> cough test which is done via a nasal swab. If she has it, I will need to
>> be treated and so will my parents. But I can't get my mom to see this.
>> She said she is immune since she had it as a child. But the Dr. said
>> anyone can get it and they are now finding that even the immunization
>> that Angela had as a baby has been found not to be very effective.

I hope everything turn out well for all of you. I had whooping cough as a
child, and it was ghastly.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> So we are just sitting here waiting for the test results of the whooping
>>> cough test which is done via a nasal swab. If she has it, I will need
>>> to be treated and so will my parents. But I can't get my mom to see
>>> this. She said she is immune since she had it as a child. But the Dr.
>>> said anyone can get it and they are now finding that even the
>>> immunization that Angela had as a baby has been found not to be very
>>> effective.

> I hope everything turn out well for all of you. I had whooping cough as a
> child, and it was ghastly.

Thanks. I have been worried about Angela because she has been so sick!

Happy Birthday, Dear Margaret, Happy Birthday to You-u-u-u Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 28 11-09-2007 08:43 PM
D's birthday Michael Odom General Cooking 5 13-05-2005 12:25 PM
it's my birthday sf General Cooking 1 22-03-2005 04:30 PM
it's my birthday sf General Cooking 1 22-03-2005 07:16 AM
Birthday bogus address Historic 1 23-04-2004 01:51 AM