Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:30:54 -0500, Julie Bove >
wrote:

> [...]
> parents are in bad shape for various reasons and she just can't take the
> time out to do two celebrations. So I told my mom just to get whatever
> the
> other people want. Truly I would like it if none of us ate a dessert.
> That
> is what would *really* make me happy! But they don't get it, won't ever
> get
> it and frankly I think they are unwilling to do that. Yes, my dad is
> also a
> diabetic but on this day he will have a piece or a scoop or whatever of
> everything being served, including whatever gluten free thing I make for
> Angela. Which this time around will be yellow cake with white icing.
> She
> chose the mix.
>
> So once again when I told my mom I didn't want anything, her reply was.
> "Well, you want SOMETHING! Nuts?"
>
> And I was like... Gaaaaaaaaaaah! No! I replied really loudly, "I don't
> eat between meals. I don't EVER eat between meals. And I'm not going to
> start now! I don't want ANYTHING. NOTHING AT ALL!" And certainly not
> nuts. She will buy roasted cashews thinking that I love them. And I do
> like most nuts but I hate, hate, hate roasted cashews! I can eat raw
> cashews but not roasted ones. And I know better than to tell her
> something,
> anything because then I will be expected to eat it. Last year I finally
> told my dad if I did eat anything it would be strawberries. This after
> the
> two of them badgering me over and over to try to come up with something I
> wanted to eat. Well I didn't want the strawberries and I didn't eat them
> and they got mad.
>
> Now yes at home I do sometimes (but not often) eat between meals. Might
> be
> a piece of cheese or a few nuts and once in a while even a potato chip
> or a
> few pretzels. But I don't do it just because I can! I do it because I
> am
> too hungry to wait until dinner or because I know I am going to have a
> much
> delayed dinner and don't want my BG to drop or as is usual in my case,
> rise
> from the lack of food. I would never do it because it was a birthday
> and I
> felt the need to sit around a table and sing and eat something.
>
> I will be 52 soon. So I've probably been going through this for 52
> years.
> Yes, I started to talk early on. Why is it some people just don't
> believe
> you when you tell them something? It is frustrating. I went through
> something similar with my husband's aunt and I finally just ate a grape
> tomato to shut her up. I feel like if I'm not hungry I shouldn't be
> pressured to eat. I mean...jeez. It's not like I'm underweight or

This will make you mad- oh well,

The problem isn't about pleasing your Mother or not,
it is about two psycopathic women both desiring 100% control over the
other. Your only relief will be to run your mother off and live your
life the way you want or break down and eat whatever the hell she fixes
on your birthday and pretend that it is the most wonderful thing you have
ever eaten and throw the remains away as soon as she leaves.
(face it diabetic or not one piece of cake isn't the end of the world,
who gives a damn whether you like it or not)

The second option preserves some sort of relationship with your mother
should you desire that.

I have lurked here for a long time and it seems like your whole family
is nuts- you included, should you alienate your mother it is one less
nut you will have to deal with.

As your self appointed shrink, I reccomend that you pull your head
out of your ass and join the real world, it will be most refreshing
for you, and a relief for the rest of us.

truth

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
truth > wrote:

> This will make you mad- oh well,

Apparently, she doesn't eat anything. She gets calories from the air,
and presumably from fresh, clean water. :-D

--
May all your good dreams and fine wishes come true! - The Wizard
May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"truth" > wrote in message
news
> [...]

> other. Your only relief will be to run your mother off and live your
> life the way you want or break down and eat whatever the hell she fixes
> on your birthday and pretend that it is the most wonderful thing you have
> ever eaten and throw the remains away as soon as she leaves.
> (face it diabetic or not one piece of cake isn't the end of the world,
> who gives a damn whether you like it or not)
>
> The second option preserves some sort of relationship with your mother
> should you desire that.
>
> I have lurked here for a long time and it seems like your whole family
> is nuts- you included, should you alienate your mother it is one less
> nut you will have to deal with.
>
> As your self appointed shrink, I reccomend that you pull your head
> out of your ass and join the real world, it will be most refreshing
> for you, and a relief for the rest of us.

Buh bye!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Howard S Shubs" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> truth > wrote:
>
>> This will make you mad- oh well,

> Apparently, she doesn't eat anything. She gets calories from the air,
> and presumably from fresh, clean water. :-D

I don't eat dessert!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Howard S Shubs" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > truth > wrote:
> >
> >> This will make you mad- oh well,

> > Apparently, she doesn't eat anything. She gets calories from the air,
> > and presumably from fresh, clean water. :-D

> I don't eat dessert!

What counts as dessert? Broccoli? Beef? Fish? Chocolate? Poultry?

--
May all your good dreams and fine wishes come true! - The Wizard
May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Howard S Shubs" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Howard S Shubs" > wrote in message

>> > Apparently, she doesn't eat anything. She gets calories from the air,
>> > and presumably from fresh, clean water. :-D

>> I don't eat dessert!

> What counts as dessert? Broccoli? Beef? Fish? Chocolate? Poultry?

Sweets. Cake, pie, cookies, stuff like that. I have gastroparesis. I can
only eat two meals a day and a snack before bed. Once in a while I will
have a small snack. Usually no. I have to be careful not to eat too much
too often or it will come back up.

I am on two diabetes meds and three kinds of insulin. It is still difficult
because of the gastroparesis to keep my BG under control. So for someone to
keep pushing food on me when they know I am having problems just seems
cruel.

I know. I used to do that to people. I knew I was fat. I figured if I
could make them fatter it would make me feel better. So I made all sorts of
sweets and gave them to people. I now know just how cruel that was. I will
never do that again. It's not a nice thing to do at all and it really
didn't make me feel better in the end.