Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Buttermilk Panna Cotta

This was in Raley's Extra book. I'm thinking of trying it for Valentine's
Day, subbing Sweetzfree for the sugar, and I prefer sliced strawberries to
blackberries. It sounds good and simple.

Buttermilk Panna Cotta

Ingredients
1 cup buttermilk, divided
1 tbsp. Knox Unflavored Gelatin
2 cups whipping cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp. grated orange zest
1 container fresh blackberries
Fresh mint leaves
Directions
Courtesy of Chef Ryan Scott and the California Milk Advisory Board.

Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 10 minutes

Chill: several hours Serves: 6

1. Pour 1/4 cup buttermilk into a small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over the
top. Cook over low heat to dissolve the gelatin slowly, stirring
occasionally.
2. Place remaining buttermilk, cream, sugar and orange zest in a medium
saucepan. Bring to a boil, making sure milk does not boil over. Reduce heat
and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and carefully whisk in gelatin mixture. Let cool to room
temperature, stirring occasionally.
4. Lightly oil 6 (3/4-cup) ramekins with grapeseed or vegetable oil. Strain
custard through a fine mesh strainer into a large container with a pour
spout. Pour equal amounts of custard into ramekins; cover and refrigerate
for 2 to 3 hours or until set.
5. Serve in ramekins or invert onto 6 small dessert plates. Garnish with
blackberries and mint.

Wine Suggestion
Pair with Hogue Late Harvest Riesling Columbia Valley, Washington A sweet
dessert wine with apricot flavors.
Nutritional Information:
Nutrition per serving: 310 calories, 4 g protein, 26 g total fat (16 g
sat.), 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 95 mg cholesterol, 75 mg
sodium, 8 points
Shopping List:
buttermilk, Knox unflavored gelatin, whipping cream, sugar, orange,
blackberries

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

this sounds great, i wonder how it would do with that splenda with the fiber
in it? Lee
"Cheri" > wrote in message
> This was in Raley's Extra book. I'm thinking of trying it for Valentine's
> Day, subbing Sweetzfree for the sugar, and I prefer sliced strawberries to
> blackberries. It sounds good and simple.
>

> Buttermilk Panna Cotta
>

> Ingredients
> 1 cup buttermilk, divided
> 1 tbsp. Knox Unflavored Gelatin
> 2 cups whipping cream
> 1/3 cup sugar
> 1 tbsp. grated orange zest
> 1 container fresh blackberries
> Fresh mint leaves
> Directions
> Courtesy of Chef Ryan Scott and the California Milk Advisory Board.
>
> Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
>
> Chill: several hours Serves: 6
>
> 1. Pour 1/4 cup buttermilk into a small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over
> the top. Cook over low heat to dissolve the gelatin slowly, stirring
> occasionally.
> 2. Place remaining buttermilk, cream, sugar and orange zest in a medium
> saucepan. Bring to a boil, making sure milk does not boil over. Reduce
> heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
> 3. Remove from heat and carefully whisk in gelatin mixture. Let cool to
> room temperature, stirring occasionally.
> 4. Lightly oil 6 (3/4-cup) ramekins with grapeseed or vegetable oil.
> Strain custard through a fine mesh strainer into a large container with a
> pour spout. Pour equal amounts of custard into ramekins; cover and
> refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until set.
> 5. Serve in ramekins or invert onto 6 small dessert plates. Garnish with
> blackberries and mint.
>
> Wine Suggestion
> Pair with Hogue Late Harvest Riesling Columbia Valley, Washington A sweet
> dessert wine with apricot flavors.
> Nutritional Information:
> Nutrition per serving: 310 calories, 4 g protein, 26 g total fat (16 g
> sat.), 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 95 mg cholesterol, 75 mg
> sodium, 8 points
> Shopping List:
> buttermilk, Knox unflavored gelatin, whipping cream, sugar, orange,
> blackberries

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I'm sure it would be just fine.

Cheri

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> this sounds great, i wonder how it would do with that splenda with the
> fiber in it? Lee
> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> This was in Raley's Extra book. I'm thinking of trying it for Valentine's
>> Day, subbing Sweetzfree for the sugar, and I prefer sliced strawberries
>> to blackberries. It sounds good and simple.
>>

>> Buttermilk Panna Cotta
>>

>> Ingredients
>> 1 cup buttermilk, divided
>> 1 tbsp. Knox Unflavored Gelatin
>> 2 cups whipping cream
>> 1/3 cup sugar
>> 1 tbsp. grated orange zest
>> 1 container fresh blackberries
>> Fresh mint leaves
>> Directions
>> Courtesy of Chef Ryan Scott and the California Milk Advisory Board.
>>
>> Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
>>
>> Chill: several hours Serves: 6
>>
>> 1. Pour 1/4 cup buttermilk into a small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over
>> the top. Cook over low heat to dissolve the gelatin slowly, stirring
>> occasionally.
>> 2. Place remaining buttermilk, cream, sugar and orange zest in a medium
>> saucepan. Bring to a boil, making sure milk does not boil over. Reduce
>> heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
>> 3. Remove from heat and carefully whisk in gelatin mixture. Let cool to
>> room temperature, stirring occasionally.
>> 4. Lightly oil 6 (3/4-cup) ramekins with grapeseed or vegetable oil.
>> Strain custard through a fine mesh strainer into a large container with a
>> pour spout. Pour equal amounts of custard into ramekins; cover and
>> refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until set.
>> 5. Serve in ramekins or invert onto 6 small dessert plates. Garnish with
>> blackberries and mint.
>>
>> Wine Suggestion
>> Pair with Hogue Late Harvest Riesling Columbia Valley, Washington A sweet
>> dessert wine with apricot flavors.
>> Nutritional Information:
>> Nutrition per serving: 310 calories, 4 g protein, 26 g total fat (16 g
>> sat.), 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 95 mg cholesterol, 75 mg
>> sodium, 8 points
>> Shopping List:
>> buttermilk, Knox unflavored gelatin, whipping cream, sugar, orange,
>> blackberries

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, i have been looking for a recipe to justify purchasing it, lol, Lee
"Cheri" > wrote in message
> I'm sure it would be just fine.
>
> Cheri
>

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> this sounds great, i wonder how it would do with that splenda with the
>> fiber in it? Lee
>> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>> This was in Raley's Extra book. I'm thinking of trying it for
>>> Valentine's Day, subbing Sweetzfree for the sugar, and I prefer sliced
>>> strawberries to blackberries. It sounds good and simple.
>>>

>>> Buttermilk Panna Cotta
>>>

>>> Ingredients
>>> 1 cup buttermilk, divided
>>> 1 tbsp. Knox Unflavored Gelatin
>>> 2 cups whipping cream
>>> 1/3 cup sugar
>>> 1 tbsp. grated orange zest
>>> 1 container fresh blackberries
>>> Fresh mint leaves
>>> Directions
>>> Courtesy of Chef Ryan Scott and the California Milk Advisory Board.
>>>
>>> Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
>>>
>>> Chill: several hours Serves: 6
>>>
>>> 1. Pour 1/4 cup buttermilk into a small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over
>>> the top. Cook over low heat to dissolve the gelatin slowly, stirring
>>> occasionally.
>>> 2. Place remaining buttermilk, cream, sugar and orange zest in a medium
>>> saucepan. Bring to a boil, making sure milk does not boil over. Reduce
>>> heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
>>> 3. Remove from heat and carefully whisk in gelatin mixture. Let cool to
>>> room temperature, stirring occasionally.
>>> 4. Lightly oil 6 (3/4-cup) ramekins with grapeseed or vegetable oil.
>>> Strain custard through a fine mesh strainer into a large container with
>>> a pour spout. Pour equal amounts of custard into ramekins; cover and
>>> refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until set.
>>> 5. Serve in ramekins or invert onto 6 small dessert plates. Garnish with
>>> blackberries and mint.
>>>
>>> Wine Suggestion
>>> Pair with Hogue Late Harvest Riesling Columbia Valley, Washington A
>>> sweet dessert wine with apricot flavors.
>>> Nutritional Information:
>>> Nutrition per serving: 310 calories, 4 g protein, 26 g total fat (16 g
>>> sat.), 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 95 mg cholesterol, 75
>>> mg sodium, 8 points
>>> Shopping List:
>>> buttermilk, Knox unflavored gelatin, whipping cream, sugar, orange,
>>> blackberries

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 10:50:22 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>I'm sure it would be just fine.
>>
>>Cheri

> There's my giggle for today. For some reason, I read that as "I'm
> sure that would be fun." ???
>
> Time for new glasses? LOL!

LOL, I do that myself at times.

Cheri

REC: Buttermilk panna cotta with passionfruit PeterL[_17_] General Cooking 0 21-03-2009 05:05 AM
Panna Cotta guido General Cooking 17 02-04-2006 11:18 AM
Panna Cotta International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 11-01-2006 06:19 PM
Panna Cotta [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 16-08-2005 03:28 AM
Panna Cotta Duckie ® Recipes 0 30-05-2005 04:08 PM