Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Asparagus with browned butter

From the Raley's Web Site:

Asparagus with Browned Butter Lemon Sauce

Ingredients
2 bunches fresh asparagus (about 2 lb.)
1/3 cup butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
Grated lemon zest (optional)
Directions
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: about 10
minutes

Snap off or trim ends from asparagus; steam in a
large pot of water or in an asparagus steamer for 3 to 5
minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and transfer to a medium
bowl and keep warm. Melt butter in a medium skillet. Cook
over medium-high heat until butter just begins to brown
and foam, being careful not to burn. Remove from heat and
stir in garlic. Swirl pan several times, then stir in lemon
juice and vinegar. Pour over hot asparagus and season
with salt and pepper; toss gently to mix. Transfer to a
platter and sprinkle with thyme and lemon zest, if you like.

Makes 8 servings.

100 calories, 3 g protein, 8 g total fat (5 g sat., 0 g trans), 6 g
carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 20 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 2
points

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:57:59 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>From the Raley's Web Site:
>

>Asparagus with Browned Butter Lemon Sauce

Now that's just a tease! We're months away from asparagus!

Nicky.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:57:59 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>

>>From the Raley's Web Site:
>>

>>Asparagus with Browned Butter Lemon Sauce

> Now that's just a tease! We're months away from asparagus!
>
> Nicky.

It's on sale here right now. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic