Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Hide the bottle (not THAT bottle) :-)

Next time I buy a bottle of olive oil I'm going to hide it. For some
reason I can't convince my wife that the label really is right when it
says, "Keep at room temperature". So she puts it in the fridge - and
every time I want some it has to be thawed out before use.
Bjørn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Bjørn Steensrud wrote:
> Next time I buy a bottle of olive oil I'm going to hide it. For some
> reason I can't convince my wife that the label really is right when it
> says, "Keep at room temperature". So she puts it in the fridge - and
> every time I want some it has to be thawed out before use.
> Bjørn

lol Bjorn (sorry i don't know how to make the o right)

i just ended up buying SMALLER bottles of olive oil that i could hide AT
ROOM TEMP from hubby

yes, olive oil goes solid in the fridge

sigh

kate
type 1 Aug 89, complication free
(touch wood)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

we store it in the frig or it goes rancid, we have a misto for spraying
cooking pans and salads,... and we keep a small jar with about 4 oz on the
counter so DH refills both of these as needeed. when one is empty he sets
out the oo and before bed refills, Lee
"Bjørn Steensrud" > wrote in message
news
> Next time I buy a bottle of olive oil I'm going to hide it. For some
> reason I can't convince my wife that the label really is right when it
> says, "Keep at room temperature". So she puts it in the fridge - and
> every time I want some it has to be thawed out before use.
> Bjørn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:55:57 -0500, "Stormmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>we store it in the frig or it goes rancid, we have a misto for spraying
>>cooking pans and salads,... and we keep a small jar with about 4 oz on the
>>counter so DH refills both of these as needeed. when one is empty he sets
>>out the oo and before bed refills, Lee

> I've never had EVOO go rancid and occasionally I have had spare
> bottles in the pantry for more than a year. Our weather can get pretty
> hot here.

My health food store keeps theirs refrigerated because they say it will
prevent it from going rancid.

I have seen some at the military commissary that was quite funky looking.
Had what appeared to be solid stuff swirling around in it.

Now I know that it might have been (or might not have been) stored in a cold
area, had just been put out in the warm room and was just getting back to
normal.

If you put it in the fridge, it will harden.

I have had some (can't remember where I bought it) that smelled bad as soon
as I opened the bottle. I just tossed it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> we store it in the frig or it goes rancid, we have a misto for spraying
> cooking pans and salads,... and we keep a small jar with about 4 oz on the
> counter so DH refills both of these as needeed. when one is empty he sets
> out the oo and before bed refills, Lee

I tried the Misto but hated it. Mine was metal. It was too tall to fit in
the cupboard so I had to leave it out. Seemed it constantly had a film of
oil on the outside and it attracted dust like mad.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I think this one is plastic but i am not sure, if its metal its very light
aluim... you know... sp, brain cramp... i love it as i can spray salads to
get the taste without putting lots on, and its just perfect for spraying
baking pans and things like breadded fish or french fries to bake them...
mine isn't that tall... it sits on top of the toaster or at the table
depending on what i am eating for the next few days, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> we store it in the frig or it goes rancid, we have a misto for spraying
>> cooking pans and salads,... and we keep a small jar with about 4 oz on
>> the counter so DH refills both of these as needeed. when one is empty he
>> sets out the oo and before bed refills, Lee

> I tried the Misto but hated it. Mine was metal. It was too tall to fit
> in the cupboard so I had to leave it out. Seemed it constantly had a film
> of oil on the outside and it attracted dust like mad.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I meant toaster oven, lol, Lee