Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Bistro Salad

From Kraft Summer Salads, a simple salad.

6 cups torn Boston Lettuce
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
4 hard cooked eggs, wedged
1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, blanched (to blanch, add beans to boiling
water and cook for 3 min.
Immediately plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking, cool completely)
1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing or dressing of choice.
Toasted sunflower seeds (optional)

Cover platter with lettuce, arrange bacon, onions, eggs, and beans in rows
over lettuce.
Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds. Serves 2-3

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> From Kraft Summer Salads, a simple salad.
>

> 6 cups torn Boston Lettuce
> 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
> 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
> 4 hard cooked eggs, wedged
> 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, blanched (to blanch, add beans to boiling
> water and cook for 3 min.
> Immediately plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking, cool completely)
> 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing or dressing of choice.
> Toasted sunflower seeds (optional)
>
> Cover platter with lettuce, arrange bacon, onions, eggs, and beans in rows
> over lettuce.
> Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds. Serves 2-3

Sounds good. Too bad I can't have the eggs.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri > wrote:
: From Kraft Summer Salads, a simple salad.

: 6 cups torn Boston Lettuce
: 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
: 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
: 4 hard cooked eggs, wedged
: 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, blanched (to blanch, add beans to boiling
: water and cook for 3 min.
: Immediately plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking, cool completely)
: 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing or dressing of choice.
: Toasted sunflower seeds (optional)

: Cover platter with lettuce, arrange bacon, onions, eggs, and beans in rows
: over lettuce.
: Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds. Serves 2-3
We have a restaurant who features a Bistro salad on tuesdays(why I don't
know:-) It is quite different from the Kraft one, consisting of tons of
baby spinach leaves, sliced pimentos(the marinated red peppers that come
in jars) crisp cooked string beans, thinly sliced red onions and toped
with goat cheese. I eat it with my owne oil/balsamic vinegar dressign I
make right at the restaurant table with some salt and pepper. t is very
good
! I can't give quantities as I have never made it, just eaten it for a
lovely summer lunch.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> From Kraft Summer Salads, a simple salad.
>>

>> 6 cups torn Boston Lettuce
>> 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
>> 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
>> 4 hard cooked eggs, wedged
>> 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, blanched (to blanch, add beans to
>> boiling water and cook for 3 min.
>> Immediately plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking, cool
>> completely) 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing or dressing of
>> choice. Toasted sunflower seeds (optional)
>>
>> Cover platter with lettuce, arrange bacon, onions, eggs, and beans
>> in rows over lettuce.
>> Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds. Serves
>> 2-3

> Sounds good. Too bad I can't have the eggs.

I think chicken or tuna would work just as well. Some legume beans too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>> From Kraft Summer Salads, a simple salad.
>>>

>>> 6 cups torn Boston Lettuce
>>> 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
>>> 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
>>> 4 hard cooked eggs, wedged
>>> 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, blanched (to blanch, add beans to
>>> boiling water and cook for 3 min.
>>> Immediately plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking, cool
>>> completely) 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing or dressing of
>>> choice. Toasted sunflower seeds (optional)
>>>
>>> Cover platter with lettuce, arrange bacon, onions, eggs, and beans
>>> in rows over lettuce.
>>> Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds. Serves
>>> 2-3

>> Sounds good. Too bad I can't have the eggs.

> I think chicken or tuna would work just as well. Some legume beans too.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

chic peas would work good here, Lee

TN: BTG at DB Bistro DaleW Wine 1 15-10-2008 12:59 PM
Another Asian Bistro Space Cowboy Tea 4 24-04-2007 04:21 PM
Bistro Catfish AJ Recipes (moderated) 0 17-08-2006 02:57 AM
French Bistro Salad Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 0 21-05-2006 02:14 AM
St. Cosme at New Bistro Bill S. Wine 1 08-09-2005 05:05 PM