FoodBanter.com

-   -   Breakfast Frittata (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/35470-breakfast-frittata.html)

Alan 19-09-2004 02:09 AM

Breakfast Frittata

1 heaped tablespoon of stir-fry mix
1 egg
60 gms salmon or tuna (or any other protein leftovers - half a sausage
etc)
1 slurp of cream. Salt, pepper etc to taste.
Heat a small frying pan, stir the veges until they start to colour, add
the fish or meat, lightly beat the egg with the cream and add it, making
sure it spreads to cover the ingredients.

Turn once when it's nearly set, serve.

I also add some grated mozzarella and finish under the grill (broiler)
instead of turning.

Bon Appetit,

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.

Julie Bove 19-09-2004 04:49 AM

"Alan" wrote in message
Breakfast Frittata

1 heaped tablespoon of stir-fry mix

What is stir fry mix?

1 egg
60 gms salmon or tuna (or any other protein leftovers - half a sausage
etc)
1 slurp of cream. Salt, pepper etc to taste.
Heat a small frying pan, stir the veges until they start to colour, add
the fish or meat, lightly beat the egg with the cream and add it, making
sure it spreads to cover the ingredients.

Turn once when it's nearly set, serve.

I also add some grated mozzarella and finish under the grill (broiler)
instead of turning.

Bon Appetit,

Mmmm... I love frittatas!

--
See my webpage:

Jennifer 19-09-2004 05:26 AM

Julie Bove wrote:

What is stir fry mix?

They sell it in my supermarket near the bagged salads.

It's pre-cut stir fry fresh veggies.

Jennifer

Alan 19-09-2004 06:20 AM

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 03:49:20 GMT, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

What is stir fry mix?

See the post prior to this one:-)
Cheers, Alan

Alan 19-09-2004 06:26 AM

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:26:09 -0700, Jennifer
wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

What is stir fry mix?

They sell it in my supermarket near the bagged salads.

It's pre-cut stir fry fresh veggies.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer and Julie.

It appears my first post "Stir fry and Salad Mix" may be delayed in
posting. I'll wait a day or so and maybe re-post it.

Julie Bove 19-09-2004 07:11 AM

"Jennifer" wrote in message

Julie Bove wrote:

What is stir fry mix?

They sell it in my supermarket near the bagged salads.

It's pre-cut stir fry fresh veggies.

Ohhh... I do buy bagged salads, but never that. Probably because we are
picky here when it comes to veggies and often a mix will contain something
we don't like. Since I always have tons of the veggies we do like, I just
cut up whatever I need. Thanks!

--
See my webpage:

Julie Bove 19-09-2004 07:12 AM

wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

What is stir fry mix?

They sell it in my supermarket near the bagged salads.

It's pre-cut stir fry fresh veggies.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer and Julie.

It appears my first post "Stir fry and Salad Mix" may be delayed in
posting. I'll wait a day or so and maybe re-post it.

Okay... *sheepish grin* I did see the other post, but only *after* I asked
the first question. Sorry.

--
See my webpage:

Ira Jamison 19-09-2004 05:07 PM

My wife make breakfast burritos :-)
I soft burrito.
eggs
sausage
cheese
onion
and eat.

None Given 19-09-2004 06:10 PM

"Ira Jamison" wrote in message
m...
My wife make breakfast burritos :-)
I soft burrito.
eggs
sausage
cheese
onion
and eat.

My DH likes those for lunch, but he uses hot sausage and adds chopped
jalepenos.