FoodBanter.com

-   -   A change of pace to salad (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/34647-change-pace-salad.html)

hahabogus 12-09-2004 02:07 PM

A change of pace to salad

This reminds me of the dish of vinegary cuke and onions my mother used to
put on the table in my youth. I read the 8 envelopes as 8 tsp of sugar
substitute. I also added way more onions and a some carrot than called for
below. I sliced everything thin with a v-slicer

Pickled Diakon Radish Salad

1 cup water
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white vinegar
8 envelopes sugar substitute
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp salt
1 medium cucumber peeled and sliced
2 cups diakon peeled and sliced
2 tablespoon yellow onion chopped

Mix water, vinegar,sugar sub, crushed red pepper, salt togetherin a medium
bowl. add the veggies and marinate 15 minutes. Drain and serve.

2 servings
one serving 34 calories, 1 g protien, 9 g carbs, 0 g fat, 0 cholesterol,
276 mg sodium, 1 g fiber

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom

Jennifer 12-09-2004 04:23 PM

Was the original recipe 8 tsp of sugar?

Because a packet of AS (artificial sweetener) sweetens like 2 tsps of sugar.

So 8 tsp of sugar would mean 4 packets of AS.

You may have put too much sweetener in your recipe.

Jennifer

hahabogus 12-09-2004 04:47 PM

Jennifer wrote in
:

hahabogus wrote:

[...]

But I used 4 pkgs of sugar twin in my go at this recipe...The cookbook
suggest splenda which is 1 pkg equals 1 tsp. I didn't modify the recipe in
any way. I noted my changes in the intro...this is mis-communications at it
best. Actually 3-3.5 pkgs might be better (of sugar twin). I found it a tad
too sweet for my likes. YMMV

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom