Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Thanksgiving

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
> Going to Son's house in Scottsdale....I get to sit and watch them
> cook.....they don't like anyone else in their kitchen while they are
> cooking...so I will sit at the bar and watch them.....LOL. I really enjoy
> Thanksgiving weekend with them...we usually do some shopping...busy
> busy... Scottsdale has some great stores...

We have family friends who live just north of NY city. It is SOOO nice to
go somewhere else for thanksgiving, nowadays, but when I was younger, I
loved having everyone over.

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:

: "Jacquie" > wrote in message
: m...
: > Going to Son's house in Scottsdale....I get to sit and watch them
: > cook.....they don't like anyone else in their kitchen while they are
: > cooking...so I will sit at the bar and watch them.....LOL. I really enjoy
: > Thanksgiving weekend with them...we usually do some shopping...busy
: > busy... Scottsdale has some great stores...

: We have family friends who live just north of NY city. It is SOOO nice to
: go somewhere else for thanksgiving, nowadays, but when I was younger, I
: loved having everyone over.

: Evelyn

: "Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
: heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

This year, for the first time in about 25-30 years I will not be making
the thanksgiving dinner. My D_I-L who recently finished a professional
cooking course is doing it this year as we are kind of in not great shape
what with Syd not being able to do much to help, me in need of a shot in
the spine and doing PT for a bad fheel and my everyother week houskeeper
beign out with a broken leg, it just seemed like too much. I will,
however, make a simple turkey dinner Friday with a small turkey as I love
not hving to reall cook for a week and having all that great left-over
turkey for all kinds of dishes like club sandwich salad(I use baco bits),
using chunked turkey, chunked tomaotes mayo on a bed of iceberg lettuce
and toast cubes on the side for the non-diabetic. I also cannot live
without my great turkey carcasse soup that winds up the bird- a real
clean out the fridge soup with a few beans , a large can of tomatoes adn
some hot peppers(to taste) in the mix with all the usual soup vegetables
adn any left over stuffing, skin and gravy. ths freezes well adnd is a
real comffort food on a cold winters day.

Happy cooking to all or happyy eating soeone else's cooking.

Wendy-who still hopes to be abble to make the feast next year.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Evelyn > wrote:
>
> : "Jacquie" > wrote in message
> : m...
> : > Going to Son's house in Scottsdale....I get to sit and watch them
> : > cook.....they don't like anyone else in their kitchen while they are
> : > cooking...so I will sit at the bar and watch them.....LOL. I really
> enjoy
> : > Thanksgiving weekend with them...we usually do some shopping...busy
> : > busy... Scottsdale has some great stores...
>
> : We have family friends who live just north of NY city. It is SOOO nice
> : go somewhere else for thanksgiving, nowadays, but when I was younger, I
> : loved having everyone over.
>
> : Evelyn
>

> : "Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a
> boundless
> : heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8
>
> This year, for the first time in about 25-30 years I will not be making
> the thanksgiving dinner. My D_I-L who recently finished a professional
> cooking course is doing it this year as we are kind of in not great shape
> what with Syd not being able to do much to help, me in need of a shot in
> the spine and doing PT for a bad fheel and my everyother week houskeeper
> beign out with a broken leg, it just seemed like too much. I will,
> however, make a simple turkey dinner Friday with a small turkey as I love
> not hving to reall cook for a week and having all that great left-over
> turkey for all kinds of dishes like club sandwich salad(I use baco bits),
> using chunked turkey, chunked tomaotes mayo on a bed of iceberg lettuce
> and toast cubes on the side for the non-diabetic. I also cannot live
> without my great turkey carcasse soup that winds up the bird- a real
> clean out the fridge soup with a few beans , a large can of tomatoes adn
> some hot peppers(to taste) in the mix with all the usual soup vegetables
> adn any left over stuffing, skin and gravy. ths freezes well adnd is a
> real comffort food on a cold winters day.
>
> Happy cooking to all or happyy eating soeone else's cooking.
>
> Wendy-who still hopes to be abble to make the feast next year.

Wendy I am so sorry to hear you and Syd are both a bit under the weather.
Hope you both get well soon and the housekeeper too!

I was in Adams this morning and they had HALF a turkey for sale, in quite a
few different sizes. What a great idea! I imagine it would cook faster,
and all the benefits of a whole one in a smaller form. I am sure they
will have it again, and next time I will buy one.

I am bringing several dishes to my friends house. She will provide the
turkey, gravy, stuffing, and probably a couple of additional side dishes.
It is so much nicer when everyone contributes.

Have a wonderful holiday!

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> This year, for the first time in about 25-30 years I will not be making
> the thanksgiving dinner. My D_I-L who recently finished a professional
> cooking course is doing it this year as we are kind of in not great shape
> what with Syd not being able to do much to help, me in need of a shot in
> the spine and doing PT for a bad fheel and my everyother week houskeeper
> beign out with a broken leg, it just seemed like too much. I will,
> however, make a simple turkey dinner Friday with a small turkey as I
> love not hving to reall cook for a week and having all that great
> left-over turkey for all kinds of dishes like club sandwich salad(I use
> baco bits), using chunked turkey, chunked tomaotes mayo on a bed of
> iceberg lettuce and toast cubes on the side for the non-diabetic. I also
> cannot live without my great turkey carcasse soup that winds up the bird-
> a real clean out the fridge soup with a few beans , a large can of
> tomatoes adn some hot peppers(to taste) in the mix with all the usual
> soup vegetables adn any left over stuffing, skin and gravy. ths freezes
> well adnd is a real comffort food on a cold winters day.
>
> Happy cooking to all or happyy eating soeone else's cooking.
>
> Wendy-who still hopes to be abble to make the feast next year.

Dear Wendy. I hope Syd and you improve and that your housekeeper heals
soon.

I haven't made a Thanksgiving dinner in over 20 years. The only part of
turkey that I really like is the thigh. Breast meat is OK in 'chicken'
salad. There is no Thai Thanksgiving tradition and Jun won't eat a bird
that looks so 'ugly'. For the last eight years or so, my daughter's MIL has
sent me over enough Thanksgiving dinner, with all the fixin's to last me a
couple of days. Fortunately, she's a good cook!

I really admire your attitude.

Zei gezunt and Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "W. Baker" > wrote:
>> [ . . . ]
>> This year, for the first time in about 25-30 years I will not be making
>> the thanksgiving dinner. My D_I-L who recently finished a professional
>> cooking course is doing it this year as we are kind of in not great shape
>> what with Syd not being able to do much to help, me in need of a shot in
>> the spine and doing PT for a bad fheel and my everyother week houskeeper
>> beign out with a broken leg, it just seemed like too much. I will,
>> however, make a simple turkey dinner Friday with a small turkey as I
>> love not hving to reall cook for a week and having all that great
>> left-over turkey for all kinds of dishes like club sandwich salad(I use
>> baco bits), using chunked turkey, chunked tomaotes mayo on a bed of
>> iceberg lettuce and toast cubes on the side for the non-diabetic. I also
>> cannot live without my great turkey carcasse soup that winds up the bird-
>> a real clean out the fridge soup with a few beans , a large can of
>> tomatoes adn some hot peppers(to taste) in the mix with all the usual
>> soup vegetables adn any left over stuffing, skin and gravy. ths freezes
>> well adnd is a real comffort food on a cold winters day.
>>
>> Happy cooking to all or happyy eating soeone else's cooking.
>>
>> Wendy-who still hopes to be abble to make the feast next year.

> Dear Wendy. I hope Syd and you improve and that your housekeeper heals
> soon.
>
> I haven't made a Thanksgiving dinner in over 20 years. The only part of
> turkey that I really like is the thigh. Breast meat is OK in 'chicken'
> salad. There is no Thai Thanksgiving tradition and Jun won't eat a bird
> that looks so 'ugly'. For the last eight years or so, my daughter's MIL
> has
> sent me over enough Thanksgiving dinner, with all the fixin's to last me a
> couple of days. Fortunately, she's a good cook!
>
> I really admire your attitude.
>
> Zei gezunt and Happy Thanksgiving.

Nick if you could see the wild turkeys that roam through my yard, the male
strutting in his beautiful iridescent feathers, and his flock of females and
all the cute fluffy babies, nobody could EVER call them ugly!
--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> [ . . . ]
> > I haven't made a Thanksgiving dinner in over 20 years. The only part of
> > turkey that I really like is the thigh. Breast meat is OK in 'chicken'
> > salad. There is no Thai Thanksgiving tradition and Jun won't eat a bird
> > that looks so 'ugly'. []

> Nick if you could see the wild turkeys that roam through my yard, the
> male strutting in his beautiful iridescent feathers, and his flock of
> females and all the cute fluffy babies, nobody could EVER call them ugly!

Maybe Jun has only seen commercial 'Thanksgiving' turkeys. I don't know.
I've seen them in the wild. I agree with 'Weird' Ben Franklin, they should
be our National Bird!

Mmm. Turkey squabs!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Thanksgiving Evelyn Diabetic 17 04-12-2009 08:32 PM
Thanksgiving Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 70 28-10-2009 05:12 PM
Thanksgiving Day koko General Cooking 21 01-12-2008 03:03 AM
Thanksgiving MoM General Cooking 170 04-11-2005 03:01 AM
A Thanksgiving wish Dimitri General Cooking 0 24-11-2003 08:10 PM