Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default My original cranberry sauce recipe that needs diabetic adaptation

This is my old original cranberry sauce recipe that I have made for years
since before I became a diabetic. Other than the obvious, like replacing
the sugar with Splenda, I need to adapt this recipe to a more diabetes
friendly version.

I was thinking of using Orange Crystal light instead of the orange juice,
with perhaps some grated orange rind for extra kick.

Any good suggestions?

****************

Cranberry Apricot Sauce with candied Ginger

Use a bag of cranberries or about 3 cups

1 cup of sugar (or the amount recommended on the bag)

1 cup of orange juice (or the amount of water suggested)

A few dried Apricots, cut up with a scissor into small pieces

Crystallized ginger, snipped into small pieces.

1 apple peeled, cored and cut into little pieces

¼ cup golden raisins

Cook all together till cranberries burst and apricots and ginger are tender.

Mash all together. (or use a wand blender)

Pour into a mold and allow to chill or set.

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8