Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Onion salad

"Quentin Grady" > wrote in message

> G'day G'day Folks.
>
> While it is Winter here and we are enjoying a lovely sunny day some
> of you are having temperatures over thirty Celsius. Put simply it is
> hot which we are not.
>
> Regularly I receive an email recipe from the American Institute of
> Cancer Research,AICR. They are healthy recipes often containing plenty
> of vegetables making them suitable for T2 diabetics. This looks like
> one from their Summer collection.
>
> http://www.aicr.org/site/MessageView...ter_friendly=1
>
> What do you think?

Yikes! That has 25 g of carbs per serving! I fail to see why it needs the
raisins. Might be okay with just the apples, but I don't personally like
fruit in my meat salads.

I used to get delivery of a chicken salad from some delivery place on Staten
Island and it seemed to be nothing but chopped up chicken. I would add some
onions, celery, walnuts or pecans and maybe a little mayo if I had it and it
was quite good.;

Onion salad Jacquie Diabetic 0 23-07-2009 04:44 AM
Onion salad Karen in NC Diabetic 0 22-07-2009 08:16 PM
Onion salad Ozgirl Diabetic 0 21-07-2009 11:56 PM
Onion Salad Ankur General Cooking 0 23-05-2007 12:15 PM
Onion Salad Ankur Restaurants 0 22-05-2007 12:04 PM