Old 21-07-2009, 11:24 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Onion salad

"Quentin Grady" wrote in message

G'day G'day Folks.

While it is Winter here and we are enjoying a lovely sunny day some
of you are having temperatures over thirty Celsius. Put simply it is
hot which we are not.

Regularly I receive an email recipe from the American Institute of
Cancer Research,AICR. They are healthy recipes often containing plenty
of vegetables making them suitable for T2 diabetics. This looks like
one from their Summer collection.

http://www.aicr.org/site/MessageView...ter_friendly=1

What do you think?

Yikes! That has 25 g of carbs per serving! I fail to see why it needs the
raisins. Might be okay with just the apples, but I don't personally like
fruit in my meat salads.

I used to get delivery of a chicken salad from some delivery place on Staten
Island and it seemed to be nothing but chopped up chicken. I would add some
onions, celery, walnuts or pecans and maybe a little mayo if I had it and it
was quite good.;

Onion salad Jacquie Diabetic 0 23-07-2009 04:44 AM
Onion salad Karen in NC Diabetic 0 22-07-2009 08:16 PM
Onion salad Ozgirl Diabetic 0 21-07-2009 11:56 PM
Onion Salad Ankur General Cooking 0 23-05-2007 12:15 PM
Onion Salad Ankur Restaurants 0 22-05-2007 12:04 PM