Old 05-07-2009, 12:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default coffee syrup

i like to drink a protien shake after workouts and before bed but they can
tiresome if you get natural plain as i do to avoid carbs

so it dawned on me that i love coffee flavored ice creams and candies
etc...that i could easily make a syrup from coffee.

that just what i did i brewed a 12 cup pot of very strong dark roast coffee
and once done put in a large pot on stove with liquid splenda and xylitol
and erytritol and cooked it down for like a hour till it was a thick syrup.

its darn good on a spoon..lol..like candy..but wicked strong...it was great
when mixed with a shake and virtually zero calories and carbs!

even my wife who hates coffee liked it and said would be great over icecream
or other treats.

i bet would be good if i had added cocco powder to it..

next time..tho i think this batch will last me a loooong time.

i was shocked how simpleit was and tasty..makes me wonder why the syrups i
buy are so horrible and use stuff like gums and stuff..this was thick and
sweet and needed nothing extra.

KROM

Old 05-07-2009, 12:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" wrote in message
[...]

I'm not sure you would want to drink that before bed.