Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default my turn to test..lol

to keep it on tipoic i will describe the glorious meal i made yesterday.

i went to target and they had the most beautiful t-bone steaks on
sale..black angus 2 inches thick or more and 2 pounds each for 4 somthing a
pound like 10 bucks off reg price.

so i got 4 of those and every tasty pepper and onion grillable veggie i
could find and chopped the veggies and marinated them in fresh tyme and
rosemary and oilive oil and fresh garlic and grilled them in a rocket hot
real wood charcoal fire..

the smell of the veggie alone had me on my tippy toes floating to the grill
to inhale the smell and im not a veggies guy..lol

once the veggies were grilled to perfection i then grilled the giant
flinstone steaks and had one of the best meals ever!

my wife is the veggie gal and she looooved the steaks..lol

we got 4 meals each off those 4 steaks she ate two and i ate over the course
of two days and the last bit was as good as the first..well almost..lol..the
first bite was awsome!

Older i get the more i find it is worth it to treat onself every now and
then to the good stuff.

now if i could afford the grassfed shipped to my door stuff the rest of u
all eat id be great..lol

im shocked target had such great stuff...never knew..lol

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

anyone?..anyone?...

bueller?

heh

KEOM

"krom" > wrote in message
> to keep it on tipoic i will describe the glorious meal i made yesterday.
>
> i went to target and they had the most beautiful t-bone steaks on
> sale..black angus 2 inches thick or more and 2 pounds each for 4 somthing
> a pound like 10 bucks off reg price.
>
> so i got 4 of those and every tasty pepper and onion grillable veggie i
> could find and chopped the veggies and marinated them in fresh tyme and
> rosemary and oilive oil and fresh garlic and grilled them in a rocket hot
> real wood charcoal fire..
>
> the smell of the veggie alone had me on my tippy toes floating to the
> grill to inhale the smell and im not a veggies guy..lol
>
> once the veggies were grilled to perfection i then grilled the giant
> flinstone steaks and had one of the best meals ever!
>
> my wife is the veggie gal and she looooved the steaks..lol
>
> we got 4 meals each off those 4 steaks she ate two and i ate over the
> course of two days and the last bit was as good as the first..well
> almost..lol..the first bite was awsome!
>
> Older i get the more i find it is worth it to treat onself every now and
> then to the good stuff.
>
> now if i could afford the grassfed shipped to my door stuff the rest of u
> all eat id be great..lol
>
> im shocked target had such great stuff...never knew..lol
>
> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

krom wrote:
> anyone?..anyone?...

Ok, very nice meal I'll be having something similar tomorrow night.

> bueller?
>

> heh
>
> KEOM
>

> "krom" > wrote in message
>> to keep it on tipoic i will describe the glorious meal i made
>> yesterday. i went to target and they had the most beautiful t-bone steaks
>> on
>> sale..black angus 2 inches thick or more and 2 pounds each for 4
>> somthing a pound like 10 bucks off reg price.
>>
>> so i got 4 of those and every tasty pepper and onion grillable
>> veggie i could find and chopped the veggies and marinated them in
>> fresh tyme and rosemary and oilive oil and fresh garlic and grilled
>> them in a rocket hot real wood charcoal fire..
>>
>> the smell of the veggie alone had me on my tippy toes floating to the
>> grill to inhale the smell and im not a veggies guy..lol
>>
>> once the veggies were grilled to perfection i then grilled the giant
>> flinstone steaks and had one of the best meals ever!
>>
>> my wife is the veggie gal and she looooved the steaks..lol
>>
>> we got 4 meals each off those 4 steaks she ate two and i ate over the
>> course of two days and the last bit was as good as the first..well
>> almost..lol..the first bite was awsome!
>>
>> Older i get the more i find it is worth it to treat onself every now
>> and then to the good stuff.
>>
>> now if i could afford the grassfed shipped to my door stuff the rest
>> of u all eat id be great..lol
>>
>> im shocked target had such great stuff...never knew..lol
>>
>> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

heh ty..i mostly wanted to be sure the new setup was working right..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> krom wrote:
>> anyone?..anyone?...

> Ok, very nice meal I'll be having something similar tomorrow night.
>

>> bueller?
>>

>> heh
>>
>> KEOM
>>

>> "krom" > wrote in message
>>> to keep it on tipoic i will describe the glorious meal i made
>>> yesterday. i went to target and they had the most beautiful t-bone
>>> steaks on
>>> sale..black angus 2 inches thick or more and 2 pounds each for 4
>>> somthing a pound like 10 bucks off reg price.
>>>
>>> so i got 4 of those and every tasty pepper and onion grillable
>>> veggie i could find and chopped the veggies and marinated them in
>>> fresh tyme and rosemary and oilive oil and fresh garlic and grilled
>>> them in a rocket hot real wood charcoal fire..
>>>
>>> the smell of the veggie alone had me on my tippy toes floating to the
>>> grill to inhale the smell and im not a veggies guy..lol
>>>
>>> once the veggies were grilled to perfection i then grilled the giant
>>> flinstone steaks and had one of the best meals ever!
>>>
>>> my wife is the veggie gal and she looooved the steaks..lol
>>>
>>> we got 4 meals each off those 4 steaks she ate two and i ate over the
>>> course of two days and the last bit was as good as the first..well
>>> almost..lol..the first bite was awsome!
>>>
>>> Older i get the more i find it is worth it to treat onself every now
>>> and then to the good stuff.
>>>
>>> now if i could afford the grassfed shipped to my door stuff the rest
>>> of u all eat id be great..lol
>>>
>>> im shocked target had such great stuff...never knew..lol
>>>
>>> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> "krom" > wrote in message
> > to keep it on tipoic i will describe the glorious meal i made yesterday.
> >
> > i went to target and they had the most beautiful t-bone steaks on
> > sale..black angus 2 inches thick or more and 2 pounds each for 4 somthing
> > a pound like 10 bucks off reg price.
> >
> > so i got 4 of those and every tasty pepper and onion grillable veggie i
> > could find and chopped the veggies and marinated them in fresh tyme and
> > rosemary and oilive oil and fresh garlic and grilled them in a rocket hot
> > real wood charcoal fire..
> >
> > the smell of the veggie alone had me on my tippy toes floating to the
> > grill to inhale the smell and im not a veggies guy..lol
> >
> > once the veggies were grilled to perfection i then grilled the giant
> > flinstone steaks and had one of the best meals ever!
> >
> > my wife is the veggie gal and she looooved the steaks..lol
> >
> > we got 4 meals each off those 4 steaks she ate two and i ate over the
> > course of two days and the last bit was as good as the first..well
> > almost..lol..the first bite was awsome!
> >
> > Older i get the more i find it is worth it to treat onself every now and
> > then to the good stuff.
> >
> > now if i could afford the grassfed shipped to my door stuff the rest of u
> > all eat id be great..lol
> >
> > im shocked target had such great stuff...never knew..lol

I'm all about the farmstands these days, and the veggie garden. I try to
only eat local and in-season produce, which around now means that
strawberries are on the menu a lot. My haul yesterday was a big bunch of
Swiss chard and another of spinach. The spinach is young and tender, and
I'll have a big spinach salad for lunch today, along with wilted Swiss
chard for dinner. I also got a bag of snap peas (mangetout), which I'll
roast in the next day or two, assuming I can find the great recipe I
used last week. Bunnies got most of the lettuce in the garden, but I
still have plenty of arugula. Last night I had a lovely salad of garden
arugula, garden scallions, tomato (hydroponic from Canada), avocado,
chopped walnuts, grated parmigiano from a local cheesery, and home-made
vinaigrette. Yeah, there was some meat (with gravy, no less!), but that
was really kind of secondary.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 03:03:27 -0500, "krom"
> wrote:

>anyone?..anyone?...

Too busy salivating...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

What were you testing - your BG?

Robert Miles

"krom" > wrote in message
> anyone?..anyone?...
>

> bueller?
>

> heh
>
> KEOM
>

> "krom" > wrote in message
>> to keep it on tipoic i will describe the glorious meal i made yesterday.

[snip]

>> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I was mowing my lawn a couple days ago and in my flower garden i see
movement and thing wierd a bird..maybe a squiril...

then it hopped right into my mow path and just sat there..wouldnt budge so i
cut off mower and look and its a small bunny.

so i pick it up and chase wife with it...she hates all things critter..lol

it was sooo soft and cute...

i put it in the wooded area across the alley..i.e un groomed back lot of a
bussiness..lol.

then i finish mowing and look in the flower garden and theres a entire nest
o bunnies.

so i put on gloves and move em all..least the ones i could see and grab..one
ran for it...and across the alley they went...where mom was..i dunno...these
were pretty big to be nursing..

Now i dunno what to do..comercial repellants dont work..i cant kill em cause
well they are cute...and animal control etc would say "we dont do
bunnies"..nor would humane society take them.

i did grab some poop of the hated neighbors giant fat cat that likes to turd
the most fould stuff in MY yard.. and i put it in the hole where they were.

i feel like farmer krom..lol..i live in the city not wild kindom..i got a
swuirril in love with me who knocks at my door and leaves bits o food....a
giant fat pooping cat and now a hoarde o bunnies..and alot of wierd birds
ive never seen before..

KROM

"Alice Faber" > wrote >
> I'm all about the farmstands these days, and the veggie garden. I try to
> only eat local and in-season produce, which around now means that
> strawberries are on the menu a lot. My haul yesterday was a big bunch of
> Swiss chard and another of spinach. The spinach is young and tender, and
> I'll have a big spinach salad for lunch today, along with wilted Swiss
> chard for dinner. I also got a bag of snap peas (mangetout), which I'll
> roast in the next day or two, assuming I can find the great recipe I
> used last week. Bunnies got most of the lettuce in the garden, but I
> still have plenty of arugula. Last night I had a lovely salad of garden
> arugula, garden scallions, tomato (hydroponic from Canada), avocado,
> chopped walnuts, grated parmigiano from a local cheesery, and home-made
> vinaigrette. Yeah, there was some meat (with gravy, no less!), but that
> was really kind of secondary.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

no..lol..the new eternal whatever server..i used motz and they changed so
had to redo my groups and get it set up

KROM

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
.. .
> What were you testing - your BG?
>
> Robert Miles
>
> "krom" > wrote in message
>> anyone?..anyone?...
>>

>> bueller?
>>

>> heh
>>
>> KEOM
>>

>> "krom" > wrote in message
>>> to keep it on tipoic i will describe the glorious meal i made yesterday.
>>>

> [snip]
>>>
>>> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

heh ok thnx just wanted to be sure i set it up right

KROM

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 03:03:27 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>anyone?..anyone?...

> Too busy salivating...
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 150ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 02:20:33 -0500, "krom"
> wrote:

>i feel like farmer krom..lol..i live in the city not wild kindom..i got a
>swuirril in love with me who knocks at my door and leaves bits o food....a
>giant fat pooping cat and now a hoarde o bunnies..and alot of wierd birds
>ive never seen before..

LOLOLOL - I hope you go out in striped dungarees with a large floppy
hat

Really strong, deep fencing or a gun is about the only defence I know
against bunnies. And you have to be a good, fast shot...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

krom wrote:

Lots of luck mate someone bought a couple here a hundred or so years ago
now we got hundreds of millions, they are classed as vermin here, if you
find a way to get rid of em let me know we could make millions :-)

> i feel like farmer krom..lol..i live in the city not wild kindom..i got a
> swuirril in love with me who knocks at my door and leaves bits o food....a
> giant fat pooping cat and now a hoarde o bunnies..and alot of wierd birds
> ive never seen before..
>

> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Noooo1..cant shoot..they is so cute yet i hate em!..lol

KROM

"Nicky" > wrote >
> Really strong, deep fencing or a gun is about the only defence I know
> against bunnies. And you have to be a good, fast shot...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

rabits is dang tastey...i just wouldnt eat a city one here..lol..in my back
yard i grow food in pots cant trust the soil..

KROM

"RodS" > wrote in message
> krom wrote:
>>

> Lots of luck mate someone bought a couple here a hundred or so years ago
> now we got hundreds of millions, they are classed as vermin here, if you
> find a way to get rid of em let me know we could make millions :-)
>

>> i feel like farmer krom..lol..i live in the city not wild kindom..i got a
>> swuirril in love with me who knocks at my door and leaves bits o
>> food....a giant fat pooping cat and now a hoarde o bunnies..and alot of
>> wierd birds ive never seen before..
>>

>> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

: > wrote:

: >i feel like farmer krom..lol..i live in the city not wild kindom..i got a
: >swuirril in love with me who knocks at my door and leaves bits o food....a
: >giant fat pooping cat and now a hoarde o bunnies..and alot of wierd birds
: >ive never seen before..

: LOLOLOL - I hope you go out in striped dungarees with a large floppy
: hat

: Really strong, deep fencing or a gun is about the only defence I know
: against bunnies. And you have to be a good, fast shot...

: Nicky.

When we had a large dog(vicky, a husky) even though she was on a long
chain, we had no bunnies arond. Once she was gone, I see them all the
time on the lawn and checking out my flower beds. Vicky was a great
hunter, eventhough never allowed to run free. She is the clever one who
learned that to chase squirrels you don't run after them, but run to the
nearest tree to which they would run to climb to safety. Even on a leash,
she came close several times.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Yeah wife doesnt like critters of any size and i dont like cleaning anyone
or anything elses poop.

KROM

"W. Baker" > wrote
> When we had a large dog(vicky, a husky) even though she was on a long
> chain, we had no bunnies arond. Once she was gone, I see them all the
> time on the lawn and checking out my flower beds. Vicky was a great
> hunter, eventhough never allowed to run free. She is the clever one who
> learned that to chase squirrels you don't run after them, but run to the
> nearest tree to which they would run to climb to safety. Even on a leash,
> she came close several times.
>
> Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Farmer Krom (was my turn to test..lol)

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 14:26:47 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>Yeah wife doesnt like critters of any size and i dont like cleaning anyone
>>or anything elses poop.

> LOL! I was going to suggest a dog -- or cats -- but the poop could be
> the least of your problems with that solution. Our "kids" like to
> bring home trophies. :-)
>
> I don't know if our German Shepherd has tired of the chase, or if the
> bunnies have decided it is more prudent to live elsewhere (I doubt
> it), but it's been several months since we've found evidence of the
> carnage on the front porch. So the poop issue could definitely be the
> deal-breaker, since that is never ending. ;-)

I had a cat that always brought home something when she snuck out of the
house. A couple of times it was baby snakes.. We live on 5 acres in the
desert so we do get bunnies but not so much in the backyard anymore since
the coyotes come in for their morning and afternoon drink. My dogs go nuts
when the coyote come in(Dogs have separate yard that opens to the
porch....water fall stream pond is in open backyard) Coyotes ignore dogs
pretty much...I have even seen one lie down for a nap under a tree during
hot weather....Dogs are barking like crazy and the coyote is sleeping...LOL.
Krom, don't think your wife would like it here...last Summer I opened the
front door and there was a tarantula there to greet me on the porch...LOL
I don't like bugs in my house they can stay outside

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> rabits is dang tastey...i just wouldnt eat a city one here..lol..in my
> back yard i grow food in pots cant trust the soil..
>
> KROM
>
> "RodS" > wrote in message
>> krom wrote:

[snip]

My mother and father must have liked them overcooked, then. My
father raised rabbits, occasionally killed one and took it to my mother
for cooking, and the result was much like chicken roasted until it was
too dry.

Robert Miles

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

ewwww.."carnage" AND poop...<<shudder>>

KROM

"BlueBrooke" > wrote

> LOL! I was going to suggest a dog -- or cats -- but the poop could be
> the least of your problems with that solution. Our "kids" like to
> bring home trophies. :-)
>
> I don't know if our German Shepherd has tired of the chase, or if the
> bunnies have decided it is more prudent to live elsewhere (I doubt
> it), but it's been several months since we've found evidence of the
> carnage on the front porch. So the poop issue could definitely be the
> deal-breaker, since that is never ending. ;-)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...

> "BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 14:26:47 -0500, "krom"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Yeah wife doesnt like critters of any size and i dont like cleaning
>>>anyone
>>>or anything elses poop.

>> LOL! I was going to suggest a dog -- or cats -- but the poop could be
>> the least of your problems with that solution. Our "kids" like to
>> bring home trophies. :-)
>>
>> I don't know if our German Shepherd has tired of the chase, or if the
>> bunnies have decided it is more prudent to live elsewhere (I doubt
>> it), but it's been several months since we've found evidence of the
>> carnage on the front porch. So the poop issue could definitely be the
>> deal-breaker, since that is never ending. ;-)
>>

> I had a cat that always brought home something when she snuck out of the
> house. A couple of times it was baby snakes.. We live on 5 acres in the
> desert so we do get bunnies but not so much in the backyard anymore since
> the coyotes come in for their morning and afternoon drink. My dogs go nuts
> when the coyote come in(Dogs have separate yard that opens to the
> porch....water fall stream pond is in open backyard) Coyotes ignore dogs
> pretty much...I have even seen one lie down for a nap under a tree during
> hot weather....Dogs are barking like crazy and the coyote is
> sleeping...LOL.
> Krom, don't think your wife would like it here...last Summer I opened the
> front door and there was a tarantula there to greet me on the
> porch...LOL I don't like bugs in my house they can stay outside

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

my wife is orig from texas so she told me tales of giant bugs and whatnot.

KROM

"Jacquie" > wrote

> I had a cat that always brought home something when she snuck out of the
> house. A couple of times it was baby snakes.. We live on 5 acres in the
> desert so we do get bunnies but not so much in the backyard anymore since
> the coyotes come in for their morning and afternoon drink. My dogs go nuts
> when the coyote come in(Dogs have separate yard that opens to the
> porch....water fall stream pond is in open backyard) Coyotes ignore dogs
> pretty much...I have even seen one lie down for a nap under a tree during
> hot weather....Dogs are barking like crazy and the coyote is
> sleeping...LOL.
> Krom, don't think your wife would like it here...last Summer I opened the
> front door and there was a tarantula there to greet me on the
> porch...LOL I don't like bugs in my house they can stay outside

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

wow rabbit is so fatty it would seem quite a feat to dry em out...

KROM

"Robert Miles" > wrote

> My mother and father must have liked them overcooked, then. My
> father raised rabbits, occasionally killed one and took it to my mother
> for cooking, and the result was much like chicken roasted until it was
> too dry.
>
> Robert Miles

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 03:09:14 -0500, "krom"
> wrote:

>wow rabbit is so fatty it would seem quite a feat to dry em out...
>
>KROM
>
>"Robert Miles" > wrote
>
>> My mother and father must have liked them overcooked, then. My
>> father raised rabbits, occasionally killed one and took it to my mother
>> for cooking, and the result was much like chicken roasted until it was
>> too dry.

Alas, I'm dreadful at cooking rabbit : ( I love the stuff - properly
cooked, it's delicate, tender, tasty - but mine is invariably tough as
old boots. Trink says there are two ways to cook it - very fast, or
very slow - and I'm doing something in the middle. He's given me a
very promising recipe that I'll give it another go with in the autumn,
when the babies aren't quite so cute, and have more meat on them...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> "krom" > wrote:
>
> >wow rabbit is so fatty it would seem quite a feat to dry em out...

> >"Robert Miles" > wrote
> >
> >> My mother and father must have liked them overcooked, then. My
> >> father raised rabbits, occasionally killed one and took it to my
> >> mother for cooking, and the result was much like chicken roasted until
> >> it was too dry.

> Alas, I'm dreadful at cooking rabbit : ( I love the stuff - properly
> cooked, it's delicate, tender, tasty - but mine is invariably tough as
> old boots. Trink says there are two ways to cook it - very fast, or
> very slow - and I'm doing something in the middle. He's given me a
> very promising recipe that I'll give it another go with in the autumn,
> when the babies aren't quite so cute, and have more meat on them...

Krom and I must be eating different kinds of rabbits. I've found them to be
the leanest, most fat-free animal I've ever eaten. Difficult for me to bake
or roast, which I love. I've found that putting them in a stew works well
enough. My late uncle used to cut them up and pan fry them. Yum.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Wild rabbit is more leaner than farmed rabbit. When ever we went to Arkansas
to visit my Grandparents my cousins would hunt rabbit and our Grandmother
would fry them....they were very lean no fat at all. Once and a while you
would even find a bit of buckshot
Jacquie
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Nicky > wrote:
>> "krom" > wrote:
>>
>> >wow rabbit is so fatty it would seem quite a feat to dry em out...

>> >"Robert Miles" > wrote

>> Alas, I'm dreadful at cooking rabbit : ( I love the stuff - properly
>> cooked, it's delicate, tender, tasty - but mine is invariably tough as
>> old boots. Trink says there are two ways to cook it - very fast, or
>> very slow - and I'm doing something in the middle. He's given me a
>> very promising recipe that I'll give it another go with in the autumn,
>> when the babies aren't quite so cute, and have more meat on them...

> Krom and I must be eating different kinds of rabbits. I've found them to
> be
> the leanest, most fat-free animal I've ever eaten. Difficult for me to
> bake
> or roast, which I love. I've found that putting them in a stew works well
> enough. My late uncle used to cut them up and pan fry them. Yum.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> wow rabbit is so fatty it would seem quite a feat to dry em out...
>
> KROM
>
> "Robert Miles" > wrote
>
>> My mother and father must have liked them overcooked, then. My
>> father raised rabbits, occasionally killed one and took it to my mother
>> for cooking, and the result was much like chicken roasted until it was
>> too dry.
>>
>> Robert Miles

With the diet my father gave them, they were definitely low-fat
instead.

I'd expect rabbits overfed with commercial rabbit foods to be
fatty instead, though.

Robert Miles

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 03:09:14 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>wow rabbit is so fatty it would seem quite a feat to dry em out...
>>
>>KROM
>>
>>"Robert Miles" > wrote
>>
>>> My mother and father must have liked them overcooked, then. My
>>> father raised rabbits, occasionally killed one and took it to my mother
>>> for cooking, and the result was much like chicken roasted until it was
>>> too dry.

> Alas, I'm dreadful at cooking rabbit : ( I love the stuff - properly
> cooked, it's delicate, tender, tasty - but mine is invariably tough as
> old boots. Trink says there are two ways to cook it - very fast, or
> very slow - and I'm doing something in the middle. He's given me a
> very promising recipe that I'll give it another go with in the autumn,
> when the babies aren't quite so cute, and have more meat on them...
>
> Nicky.

..
At least one of the supermarkets of the supermarkets I've been to
offered frozen rabbit - apparantly left over from some method of
producing some kind of medicine from a rabbit organ. You might
want to check if any in your area offer it also.

Robert Miles

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 00:34:22 -0500, "Robert Miles"
> wrote:

>At least one of the supermarkets of the supermarkets I've been to
>offered frozen rabbit - apparantly left over from some method of
>producing some kind of medicine from a rabbit organ. You might
>want to check if any in your area offer it also.

I can buy a Chinese import - but I've proven I can render those
inedible also : (

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

probably so.

every rabbit dish ive had has been fatty like duck..the best rabbit i ever
had was in a chinese resteraunt...yum!

KROM

"Robert Miles" > wrote

> With the diet my father gave them, they were definitely low-fat
> instead.
>
> I'd expect rabbits overfed with commercial rabbit foods to be
> fatty instead, though.
>
> Robert Miles

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

krom wrote:
> probably so.
>
> every rabbit dish ive had has been fatty like duck..the best rabbit i
> ever had was in a chinese resteraunt...yum!

Rabbit stew.. cooked in a slow cooker. Red wine instead of water (not much,
maybe 1 1/2 cups). I "brown" rabbit pieces in olives oil, then saute onions
and plenty of garlic before adding to the pot. I add canned crushed tomatoes
and usually carrots and celery.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> krom wrote:
> > probably so.
> >
> > every rabbit dish ive had has been fatty like duck..the best rabbit i
> > ever had was in a chinese resteraunt...yum!

> Rabbit stew.. cooked in a slow cooker. Red wine instead of water (not
> much, maybe 1 1/2 cups). I "brown" rabbit pieces in olives oil, then
> saute onions and plenty of garlic before adding to the pot. I add canned
> crushed tomatoes and usually carrots and celery.

Crikeys! That sure sounds good!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

sounds good to me!