Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Boboli pizza

It seems to me that the Boboli company could make a lot of money selling low
carb prepared pizza crusts to us diabetics!

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> It seems to me that the Boboli company could make a lot of money selling
> low carb prepared pizza crusts to us diabetics!

As pizza crusts go, they are pretty low in carbs. At least the thin ones.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ricavito > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> Could you make a pizza crust with almond flour or would that be too
> weird? I bought a bag of almond flour and now don't know what to do
> with it.

Try it. See if it makes a good, tasty pizza crust. Weird? Who cares?

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 22:01:11 -0700 (PDT), Ricavito
> wrote:

>Could you make a pizza crust with almond flour or would that be too
>weird? I bought a bag of almond flour and now don't know what to do
>with it.

Almond flour is great to cook with. I just posted this pizza base
recipe for Robert:
http://lowcarbcookworx.com/recipes/23platforms.html

I often make brownies, muffins, cakes etc with almond flour.
To start you off, whilst I'm on this website - type almond into the
search window...
http://lowcarbcookworx.com/

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jun 3, 5:22*am, Nicky > wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 22:01:11 -0700 (PDT), Ricavito
>
> > wrote:
> >Could you make a pizza crust with almond flour or would that be too
> >weird? *I bought a bag of almond flour and now don't know what to do
> >with it.

> Almond flour is great to cook with. I just posted this pizza base
> recipe for Robert:http://lowcarbcookworx.com/recipes/23platforms.html
>
> I often make brownies, muffins, cakes etc with almond flour.
> To start you off, whilst I'm on this website - type almond into the
> search window...http://lowcarbcookworx.com/
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.3% *BMI 25

Thanks Nicky, for the almond flour waffle receipe and the links.
There are some receipes even this lousy cook could manage.... better
yet, I'll leave printouts of the ones I like where the cook in the
house will stumble over 'em.

Ricavito, hoping to wake up to an almond flour waffle Sunday morning

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jun 2, 10:27*pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:
> Ricavito > wrote:
> > *[ . . . ]
> > Could you make a pizza crust with almond flour or would that be too
> > weird? *I bought a bag of almond flour and now don't know what to do
> > with it.

> Try it. See if it makes a good, tasty pizza crust. Weird? Who cares?
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: *https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/* *Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: *http://anymarine.com/* You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! * * * * * * * * ~Semper Fi~ * * * * * * * *USMC 1365061

LOL, weird as in concept is okay, weird as in how it looks is okay,
weird tasting....hmmmmm. Might be another uh....
memorable....experiment like my cherry yogurt (forgot to pit the
cherries, lol).