Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Look at this pizza, but try to imagine other things you could put onit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/25/he...health.html?em

I'm not sure if you could still call it a pizza, maybe a pot-pie of
some sort.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert of St Louis" > wrote in message
> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/25/he...health.html?em
>
> I'm not sure if you could still call it a pizza, maybe a pot-pie of
> some sort.

Robert, unfortunately even whole wheat flour is still a very high
carbohydrate food. The more carbs you eat, the more high your blood
glucose goes. The more high that goes, the more you enter the range where
heart and organ damage occurs, and complications arise. Pizza is still
not good diabetic food, no matter how you "slice" it.

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 06:40:30 -0700 (PDT), Robert of St Louis
> wrote:

>http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/25/he...health.html?em
>
>I'm not sure if you could still call it a pizza, maybe a pot-pie of
>some sort.

Do you bake, Robert? If so, I could post some low-carb pizza crust
recipes. Otherwise, to get the taste of pizza, pile the toppings on a
low-carb tortilla and toast.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jun 2, 12:15*pm, Nicky > wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 06:40:30 -0700 (PDT), Robert of St Louis
>
> > wrote:
> >http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/25/he...cipehealth.htm...

> >I'm not sure if you could still call it a pizza, maybe a pot-pie of
> >some sort.

> Do you bake, Robert? If so, I could post some low-carb pizza crust
> recipes. Otherwise, to get the taste of pizza, pile the toppings on a
> low-carb tortilla and toast.
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.3% *BMI 25

OK...that is what I will look for" a low-carb tortilla. Something
else I would not think of buying.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

OK...I learn by making mistakes. Because the torilla is so thin, I
think I am going to good the topping first then put it on the tortilla
and not have to cook it so long. I burned the hell out of my first
experiment.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert of St Louis" > wrote in message
> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/25/he...health.html?em
>
> I'm not sure if you could still call it a pizza, maybe a pot-pie of
> some sort.

How could that be a pot pie? Looks like a pizza to me. What we get here at
the various pizza chains is not at all like what real Italian pizza actually
is. I've never had the real thing but have been told it usually has very
little cheese and is often comprised of leftovers.

A pot pie always has a top crust. Sometimes a bottom crust as well. And
it's usually more of a pie crust whereas a pizza crust is more like bread or
crackers.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:16:49 -0700 (PDT), Robert of St Louis
> wrote:

>OK...I learn by making mistakes. Because the torilla is so thin, I
>think I am going to good the topping first then put it on the tortilla
>and not have to cook it so long. I burned the hell out of my first
>experiment.

Yeah - and it's hell to pick up Low carb pitta breads are a good
shopbought base with a bit more body. Are you in the US, Robert? I'm
in the UK so I can't give shopping tips.

I tend to DIY with flax seed (linseed) based doughs - although I had a
yummy pizza using one of the Protein Power waffle recipes a week or
two ago. Not to mention then having lots of extra waffles for
breakfasts... don't add parmesan to the breakfast ones, is my tip :P

http://lowcarbcookworx.com/recipes/23platforms.html