Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Is there one website that some of you found helpful ?

......with the exception of this wonderful group.
Diabetic Hippies? Old, fat and diabetic? Diabetes for Dummies?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 31 May 2009 10:06:07 -0700 (PDT), Robert of St Louis
> wrote:

>.....with the exception of this wonderful group.
>Diabetic Hippies? Old, fat and diabetic? Diabetes for Dummies?

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert of St Louis" > wrote in message
> .....with the exception of this wonderful group.
> Diabetic Hippies? Old, fat and diabetic? Diabetes for Dummies?

Not really.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert of St Louis" > wrote in message
> .....with the exception of this wonderful group.
> Diabetic Hippies? Old, fat and diabetic? Diabetes for Dummies?

There are two newsgroups besides this one that were very helpful.

alt.support.diabetes
alt.support.diet.low-carb

Jenny had a website.... no longer sure of which one it is, but you have had
two of us quote it to you already here. Quentin has a good website, and I
think Alan S. also has one.

We are not exactly a huge community, but we all pretty much know each other.
I already introduced you at alt.support.diabetes, but you haven't posted
there yet.

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On May 31, 12:32*pm, Nicky > wrote:
> On Sun, 31 May 2009 10:06:07 -0700 (PDT), Robert of St Louis
>
> > wrote:
> >.....with the exception of this wonderful group.
> >Diabetic Hippies? * Old, fat and diabetic? * Diabetes for Dummies?

> http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.3% *BMI 25

I opened it and saved it...I like the title "WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU
ABOUT DIABETES" thanks I will investigate it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On May 31, 1:34*pm, "Evelyn" > wrote:
> "Robert of St Louis" > wrote in ...
>
> > .....with the exception of this wonderful group.
> > Diabetic Hippies? * Old, fat and diabetic? * Diabetes for Dummies?

> There are two newsgroups besides this one that were very helpful.
>
> alt.support.diabetes
> alt.support.diet.low-carb
>
> Jenny had a website.... no longer sure of which one it is, but you have had
> two of us quote it to you already here. * Quentin has a good website, and I
> think Alan S. also has one.
>
> We are not exactly a huge community, but we all pretty much know each other.
> I already introduced you at alt.support.diabetes, but you haven't posted
> there yet.
>
> --
>
> Evelyn
>
> "Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
> heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Oh you know what I think I did...I did a search and thought this group
"looked" like they one you told me about. OK beat me with some sugar-
free licorice.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert of St Louis wrote:
> On May 31, 12:32 pm, Nicky > wrote:
>> On Sun, 31 May 2009 10:06:07 -0700 (PDT), Robert of St Louis
>>
>> > wrote:
>>> .....with the exception of this wonderful group.
>>> Diabetic Hippies? Old, fat and diabetic? Diabetes for Dummies?

>> http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/
>>
>> Nicky.
>> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
>> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
>> Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

> I opened it and saved it...I like the title "WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU
> ABOUT DIABETES" thanks I will investigate it.

hmmmmmmm i have 4 pages of 'diabetes' web links
and now i'm splitting that folder, just need to see WHERE things need to go

do i really have to choose JUST one?

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
> Robert of St Louis wrote:
>> On May 31, 12:32 pm, Nicky > wrote:
>>> On Sun, 31 May 2009 10:06:07 -0700 (PDT), Robert of St Louis

>>> http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/
>>>
>>> Nicky.
>>> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
>>> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
>>> Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

>> I opened it and saved it...I like the title "WHAT THEY DON'T TELL
>> YOU ABOUT DIABETES" thanks I will investigate it.

> hmmmmmmm i have 4 pages of 'diabetes' web links
> and now i'm splitting that folder, just need to see WHERE things need
> to go
> do i really have to choose JUST one?
>

> kate

Sned them to me I had a huge lot until my computer died during the floods
a couple of years ago

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:16:14 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>Sned them to me I had a huge lot until my computer died during the floods
>a couple of years ago

are you serious, Jan? I'd be happy to send you a dump of mine. Mail me
if so, I'm too lazy to unmunge your addy

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:16:14 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>
>> Sned them to me I had a huge lot until my computer died during
>> the floods a couple of years ago
>>

> are you serious, Jan? I'd be happy to send you a dump of mine. Mail me
> if so, I'm too lazy to unmunge your addy

You couldn't unmunge it anyway, it is made up, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:16:14 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>
>> Sned them to me I had a huge lot until my computer died during the floods
>> a couple of years ago
>>

> are you serious, Jan? I'd be happy to send you a dump of mine. Mail me
> if so, I'm too lazy to unmunge your addy
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

ya, i've had to rebuild my links

Oz, tell me how to 'get them' on Firefox and i'll send them to you

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 18:49:17 -0600, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>Oz, tell me how to 'get them' on Firefox and i'll send them to you

Bookmarks->Organise Bookmarks->Import and Backup->Export HTML

Then remember not to do what I did, edit the list in Word and save in
..txt format - Jan, you should just be able to resave in HTML, if you
haven't already figured that out!