FoodBanter.com

-   -   Blackened rib eye steak (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/171717-blackened-rib-eye-steak.html)

Anon[_5_] 02-05-2009 09:58 PM

Blackened rib eye steak

This is my all time favorite way to prepare steak. Once I tried blackened
steaks, I am never be satisfied with any other kind.

2 Prime (or Choice) rib eye steaks cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Steak Magic
1/4 pound butter melted and cooled

1. Dip the steaks in melted butter (margarine will not work), coating both
sides well.
2. I use a 2 sided propane barbecue. Heat one side to max hot and the other
side to medium.
3. Place a 12 inch case iron skillet on the hot side and heat to as hot as
it will get.
4. Sprinkle seasoning on top of steaks (about 1/4 tsp each steak), make sure
they are evenly coated.
5. Place steaks in hot skillet, seasoned side down. Cook for about 2
minutes.*
6. Sprinkle more seasoning on top of steaks, flip and cook for 1 1/2
minutes.
7. Transfer steaks to medium side of barbeque, cook for 1/2 minute (or more)
on each side.
8. Transfer to plate and enjoy. I like mine blood rare, cook longer on
medium grill for less blood.

* Note: there will be a LOT of smoke. That is why I do this outside on the
barbeque.