Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Blackened rib eye steak

This is my all time favorite way to prepare steak. Once I tried blackened
steaks, I am never be satisfied with any other kind.

2 Prime (or Choice) rib eye steaks cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Steak Magic
1/4 pound butter melted and cooled

1. Dip the steaks in melted butter (margarine will not work), coating both
sides well.
2. I use a 2 sided propane barbecue. Heat one side to max hot and the other
side to medium.
3. Place a 12 inch case iron skillet on the hot side and heat to as hot as
it will get.
4. Sprinkle seasoning on top of steaks (about 1/4 tsp each steak), make sure
they are evenly coated.
5. Place steaks in hot skillet, seasoned side down. Cook for about 2
minutes.*
6. Sprinkle more seasoning on top of steaks, flip and cook for 1 1/2
minutes.
7. Transfer steaks to medium side of barbeque, cook for 1/2 minute (or more)
on each side.
8. Transfer to plate and enjoy. I like mine blood rare, cook longer on
medium grill for less blood.

* Note: there will be a LOT of smoke. That is why I do this outside on the
barbeque.

Blackened Tilapia Lawrence Morales Recipes (moderated) 0 05-03-2009 04:11 AM
Blackened Redfish kitchenphantom Recipes (moderated) 0 15-08-2007 12:10 AM
Blackened Steak And Salsa Tim Recipes 0 30-04-2005 12:59 PM
Blackened Redfish Lavanda Lavanda Recipes (moderated) 0 28-04-2005 03:31 AM
Pan-Blackened Steak Duckie ® Recipes 0 14-03-2005 01:02 AM