Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default My garden is in!

Well, for the most part. I realize now I need to buy some more parsley
seeds and some onion seeds or sets. I had intended to plant 4 kinds of
tomatoes but somehow bought two Roma plants. Also beefsteak and patio.
Red, yellow and green bell peppers and something called nacho peppers. Also
cilantro, mint and lavender.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Well, for the most part. I realize now I need to buy some more parsley
> seeds and some onion seeds or sets. I had intended to plant 4 kinds of
> tomatoes but somehow bought two Roma plants. Also beefsteak and patio.
> Red, yellow and green bell peppers and something called nacho peppers.
> Also cilantro, mint and lavender.

Congratulations! A lot of work but the fresh veggies will be worth it.

Evelyn

"Since everything is but an apparition, perfect in being what it is, having
nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst
into laughter." -Longchenpa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Well, for the most part. I realize now I need to buy some more parsley
>> seeds and some onion seeds or sets. I had intended to plant 4 kinds of
>> tomatoes but somehow bought two Roma plants. Also beefsteak and patio.
>> Red, yellow and green bell peppers and something called nacho peppers.
>> Also cilantro, mint and lavender.

> Congratulations! A lot of work but the fresh veggies will be worth it.

I hope I get some tomatoes this year. Only one last year.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 17:00:30 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Well, for the most part. I realize now I need to buy some more parsley
>seeds and some onion seeds or sets. I had intended to plant 4 kinds of
>tomatoes but somehow bought two Roma plants. Also beefsteak and patio.
>Red, yellow and green bell peppers and something called nacho peppers. Also
>cilantro, mint and lavender.

Cool! I haven't finished mine yet - I'm planning on buying a couple of
tomato plants, and I'm babying some purple sprouting broccoli in seed
trays in case there's a late frost. That'll mean about 3 sq foot plots
for impulse buys - I'm contemplating a chili plant, and wondering
where I put my spaghetti squash seeds! Next year I'll have fruit trees
in that spare space, one in each bed, fanned against a sunny fence;
but I don't want to buy them this year because (swine flu permitting)
we'll be away for almost a month over the summer, and nothing will get
watered.

Currently I have turnips, parsley, broad beans, leeks, PSB, and runner
beans planted - plus a bunch of strawberries, which are fruiting
nicely, and some blueberries in pots. This raised bed business is very
relaxing - the damntortoise can't get at anything, and I'm keeping
slugs and snails away with egg shells I also have teeny rosemary
and sage plants in the flower beds, and mint corralled in a pot.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

Garden Sheldon General Cooking 131 04-06-2008 06:14 AM
Our Little Garden Damsel General Cooking 21 10-06-2005 01:21 PM
Put in the Garden Virginia Tadrzynski Preserving 2 25-05-2004 02:30 PM