Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default hurm....

did a search on diabetic recipes and got several sites taking our recipes
directly from here...

i know sites do that...its a lazy way to provide content and thus try to get
add dollars and whatnot...

what made me laugh is my recipe on one site was cited as "from a unknown
usnet poster"

:-)

im unknown and stealthy like a diabetic food ninja!

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> did a search on diabetic recipes and got several sites taking our recipes
> directly from here...
>
> i know sites do that...its a lazy way to provide content and thus try to
> get add dollars and whatnot...
>
> what made me laugh is my recipe on one site was cited as "from a unknown
> usnet poster"
>
> :-)
>
> im unknown and stealthy like a diabetic food ninja!

Oh yeah. Somebody once did a search of my name and told me I had recipes
posted all over the Internet. At the time, the only recipe I knew of was
some salad recipe...I think it was for Greek salad and it was indeed all
over the place. Somehow all these other websites took my recipe and my name
and reposted it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

What got me started was i was trying to recall a no sugar bbq recipe and
found the roast discussion and from there a bunch of other so called
recipes..lol

KROM

"Julie Bove" > wrote >
> Oh yeah. Somebody once did a search of my name and told me I had recipes
> posted all over the Internet. At the time, the only recipe I knew of was
> some salad recipe...I think it was for Greek salad and it was indeed all
> over the place. Somehow all these other websites took my recipe and my
> name and reposted it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> What got me started was i was trying to recall a no sugar bbq recipe and
> found the roast discussion and from there a bunch of other so called
> recipes..lol
>
> KROM

For years I have collected poetry or little quotes and such on the subject
of death. If someone has experienced a loss, I always posted that
collection for them on the newsgroup, in hopes there might be some wisdom or
peace to be found among those.

All of a sudden bits from my collection of quotes are appearing in bits and
pieces in a local newspaper in the obit section. Of course many of these
are famous quotes, but many are somewhat obscure. It makes me believe that
someone saw it and is making use of it. Now the story is this: my purpose
in saving the quote collection was to offer comfort to anyone who was
grieving. So if it is being used in this way, then it is fulfilling my
original purpose. So what else could I say, or wish for ?

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i was more amused by the unkown usnet poster part then anything.

if it was a free site i wouldnt care but a few were sites selling garbage to
diabetics and this wa si thier "help" area..and most were just crap sites
trying to make banner money.

also some wernt even edited down as recipes..just random posts here put
there..lol

KROM

"Evelyn" > wrote >
> For years I have collected poetry or little quotes and such on the subject
> of death. If someone has experienced a loss, I always posted that
> collection for them on the newsgroup, in hopes there might be some wisdom
> or peace to be found among those.
>
> All of a sudden bits from my collection of quotes are appearing in bits
> and pieces in a local newspaper in the obit section. Of course many of
> these are famous quotes, but many are somewhat obscure. It makes me
> believe that someone saw it and is making use of it. Now the story is
> this: my purpose in saving the quote collection was to offer comfort to
> anyone who was grieving. So if it is being used in this way, then it is
> fulfilling my original purpose. So what else could I say, or wish for ?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> did a search on diabetic recipes and got several sites taking our recipes
> directly from here...
>
> i know sites do that...its a lazy way to provide content and thus try to
> get add dollars and whatnot...
>
> what made me laugh is my recipe on one site was cited as "from a unknown
> usnet poster"
>
> :-)
>
> im unknown and stealthy like a diabetic food ninja!
>
> KROM

Oh yeah, some for sale cookbooks are comprised solely of "unknown usenet
poster" recipes even if the person was known to the author. It's the way of
the world. ;-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote in message
>> did a search on diabetic recipes and got several sites taking our recipes
>> directly from here...
>>
>> i know sites do that...its a lazy way to provide content and thus try to
>> get add dollars and whatnot...
>>
>> what made me laugh is my recipe on one site was cited as "from a
>> unknown usnet poster"
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> im unknown and stealthy like a diabetic food ninja!
>>
>> KROM

> Oh yeah, some for sale cookbooks are comprised solely of "unknown usenet
> poster" recipes even if the person was known to the author. It's the way
> of the world. ;-)
>
> Cheri

That's probably because anyone can post as "mickey mouse" or whatever name
they want. The real name of the poster may not be available by seeing the
senders name. Then also people get posts from other usenet posters and will
tend to repost those recipes too. Like Myra's famous cheesecake.... people
put their own twist on it a lot of times. Most of us are honorable and
will give credit where it is due around here, though.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 18:33:32 -0500, "krom"
> wrote:

>im unknown and stealthy like a diabetic food ninja!

<insert scary music> Krom the Invincible!

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "krom" > wrote in message
>>> did a search on diabetic recipes and got several sites taking our
>>> recipes directly from here...
>>>
>>> i know sites do that...its a lazy way to provide content and thus try to
>>> get add dollars and whatnot...
>>>
>>> what made me laugh is my recipe on one site was cited as "from a
>>> unknown usnet poster"
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> im unknown and stealthy like a diabetic food ninja!
>>>
>>> KROM

>> Oh yeah, some for sale cookbooks are comprised solely of "unknown usenet
>> poster" recipes even if the person was known to the author. It's the way
>> of the world. ;-)
>>
>> Cheri

> That's probably because anyone can post as "mickey mouse" or whatever name
> they want. The real name of the poster may not be available by seeing the
> senders name. Then also people get posts from other usenet posters and
> will tend to repost those recipes too. Like Myra's famous cheesecake....
> people put their own twist on it a lot of times. Most of us are
> honorable and will give credit where it is due around here, though.

Absolutely, and recipes can't be copyrighted anyway, but I still think it
would be nice when someone is *selling* a book if they credited it with
something like *many of my friends* contributed to the recipes. For
instance, I wouldn't use one Susan's recipes, recopy it here, and say
something like...I came up with this wonderful Sea Bass Recipe. I know you
wouldn't either, most people wouldn't in fact. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thats funny...one of those.."wish i thought of that" deals..even if you only
sold a few it took zero work..lol

KROM

"Cheri" > wrote >
> Oh yeah, some for sale cookbooks are comprised solely of "unknown usenet
> poster" recipes even if the person was known to the author. It's the way
> of the world. ;-)
>
> Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i would try to flip into the room but then the music would turn from scary
to slapstick...lol

KROM

"Nicky" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 18:33:32 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>im unknown and stealthy like a diabetic food ninja!

> <insert scary music> Krom the Invincible!
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "krom" > wrote in message
: ...
: > did a search on diabetic recipes and got several sites taking our recipes
: > directly from here...
: >
: > i know sites do that...its a lazy way to provide content and thus try to
: > get add dollars and whatnot...
: >
: > what made me laugh is my recipe on one site was cited as "from a unknown
: > usnet poster"
: >
: > :-)
: >
: > im unknown and stealthy like a diabetic food ninja!

: Oh yeah. Somebody once did a search of my name and told me I had recipes
: posted all over the Internet. At the time, the only recipe I knew of was
: some salad recipe...I think it was for Greek salad and it was indeed all
: over the place. Somehow all these other websites took my recipe and my name
: and reposted it.

I occasionally get mail from peole all over the plae aking for advice on
following my brisket recipe, which I first posted on my Jewish food
mailing list. It, and my Passover candy(honey nuts adn flaked matzo, with
ginger-definitely not for diabetics) is all over the place adn peole seem
to wan to try them.

Wendy