Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Delicious shrimp dip mold

Shrimp molded spread - (to be spread on crackers or on celery sticks)

2 pkts Knox unflavored gelatine
1/4 cup hot water
1 Can Campbells tomato soup
6 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
either 2 cans of canned shrimp, or equivelant amount of fresh, cooked,
peeled and chopped shrimp
(I used frozen shrimp, boiled for 3 minutes, peeled and chopped)
1 cup of Mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup finely chopped celery

Chop veggies and measure them
Cook shrimp, peel and chop them

Dissolve 2 pkts of gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water
Add the undiluted can of soup, and heat and stir well
Blend in cream cheese well
add celery, onion, mayonnaise and shrimp and stir well

Pour into a lightly greased (I used Pam) dish and chill till set.

Invert onto a plate and serve with crackers.
They will think you are a culinary genius.

Note: I have seen this done in the shape of a fish, decorated beautifully,
with "scales" of sliced cucumbers, and olive eye, etc.

Not sure about the exact carb count, but if you don't use crackers, you will
be OK.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

(Our) enemies are not man. They are intolerance, fanaticism, dictatorship,
cupidity, hatred and discrimination, which lie within the heart of man." --
Thich Nhat Hanh

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:
> Shrimp molded spread - (to be spread on crackers or on celery sticks)
>
> 2 pkts Knox unflavored gelatine
> 1/4 cup hot water
> 1 Can Campbells tomato soup
> 6 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
> either 2 cans of canned shrimp, or equivelant amount of fresh, cooked,
> peeled and chopped shrimp
> (I used frozen shrimp, boiled for 3 minutes, peeled and chopped)
> 1 cup of Mayonnaise
> 1/4 cup chopped onion
> 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
>
> Chop veggies and measure them
> Cook shrimp, peel and chop them
>
> Dissolve 2 pkts of gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water
> Add the undiluted can of soup, and heat and stir well
> Blend in cream cheese well
> add celery, onion, mayonnaise and shrimp and stir well
>
> Pour into a lightly greased (I used Pam) dish and chill till set.
>
> Invert onto a plate and serve with crackers.
> They will think you are a culinary genius.
>
> Note: I have seen this done in the shape of a fish, decorated beautifully,
> with "scales" of sliced cucumbers, and olive eye, etc.
>

> Not sure about the exact carb count, but if you don't use crackers, you
> will be OK.

ok, out cans of shrimp are tiny!

how much frozen shrimp (i have some of that)

--
kate
type 1 since 1987
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger_Lily" > wrote in message
> Evelyn wrote:
>> Shrimp molded spread - (to be spread on crackers or on celery sticks)
>>
>> 2 pkts Knox unflavored gelatine
>> 1/4 cup hot water
>> 1 Can Campbells tomato soup
>> 6 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
>> either 2 cans of canned shrimp, or equivelant amount of fresh, cooked,
>> peeled and chopped shrimp
>> (I used frozen shrimp, boiled for 3 minutes, peeled and chopped)
>> 1 cup of Mayonnaise
>> 1/4 cup chopped onion
>> 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
>>
>> Chop veggies and measure them
>> Cook shrimp, peel and chop them
>>
>> Dissolve 2 pkts of gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water
>> Add the undiluted can of soup, and heat and stir well
>> Blend in cream cheese well
>> add celery, onion, mayonnaise and shrimp and stir well
>>
>> Pour into a lightly greased (I used Pam) dish and chill till set.
>>
>> Invert onto a plate and serve with crackers.
>> They will think you are a culinary genius.
>>
>> Note: I have seen this done in the shape of a fish, decorated
>> beautifully,
>> with "scales" of sliced cucumbers, and olive eye, etc.
>>

>> Not sure about the exact carb count, but if you don't use crackers, you
>> will be OK.
>>

> ok, out cans of shrimp are tiny!
>
> how much frozen shrimp (i have some of that)

Actually I just guessed how much, according to the amount of sauce I ended
up with after everything was mixed together. I had a Sam's club bag of
shrimp, (couldn't tell you the weight) I doubled the basic recipe and just
added the whole bag's worth. I have also made it with the tiny salad
shrimp you can buy frozen. Honestly making it with the canned shrimp is
still good, but it is better with the fresh. The quantity isn't a big
issue. I am guessing that I put in about at least 1-1/2 cups of cut up
shrimp.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

(Our) enemies are not man. They are intolerance, fanaticism, dictatorship,
cupidity, hatred and discrimination, which lie within the heart of man." --
Thich Nhat Hanh

> --
> kate
> type 1 since 1987
> www.diabetic-chat.org
> www.diabetic-talk.org
> http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/n...diagnosed.html

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:

> "Tiger_Lily" > wrote in message
>> Evelyn wrote:
>>> Shrimp molded spread - (to be spread on crackers or on celery sticks)
>>>
>>> 2 pkts Knox unflavored gelatine
>>> 1/4 cup hot water
>>> 1 Can Campbells tomato soup
>>> 6 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
>>> either 2 cans of canned shrimp, or equivelant amount of fresh, cooked,
>>> peeled and chopped shrimp
>>> (I used frozen shrimp, boiled for 3 minutes, peeled and chopped)
>>> 1 cup of Mayonnaise
>>> 1/4 cup chopped onion
>>> 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
>>>
>>> Chop veggies and measure them
>>> Cook shrimp, peel and chop them
>>>
>>> Dissolve 2 pkts of gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water
>>> Add the undiluted can of soup, and heat and stir well
>>> Blend in cream cheese well
>>> add celery, onion, mayonnaise and shrimp and stir well
>>>
>>> Pour into a lightly greased (I used Pam) dish and chill till set.
>>>
>>> Invert onto a plate and serve with crackers.
>>> They will think you are a culinary genius.
>>>
>>> Note: I have seen this done in the shape of a fish, decorated
>>> beautifully,
>>> with "scales" of sliced cucumbers, and olive eye, etc.
>>>

>>> Not sure about the exact carb count, but if you don't use crackers,
>>> you will be OK.
>>>

>> ok, out cans of shrimp are tiny!
>>
>> how much frozen shrimp (i have some of that)

> Actually I just guessed how much, according to the amount of sauce I
> ended up with after everything was mixed together. I had a Sam's club
> bag of shrimp, (couldn't tell you the weight) I doubled the basic
> recipe and just added the whole bag's worth. I have also made it with
> the tiny salad shrimp you can buy frozen. Honestly making it with the
> canned shrimp is still good, but it is better with the fresh. The
> quantity isn't a big issue. I am guessing that I put in about at least
> 1-1/2 cups of cut up shrimp.

ta!

--
kate
type 1 since 1987
www.diabetic-chat.org
www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/n...diagnosed.html
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> Shrimp molded spread - (to be spread on crackers or on celery sticks)
>
> 2 pkts Knox unflavored gelatine
> 1/4 cup hot water
> 1 Can Campbells tomato soup
> 6 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
> either 2 cans of canned shrimp, or equivelant amount of fresh, cooked,
> peeled and chopped shrimp
> (I used frozen shrimp, boiled for 3 minutes, peeled and chopped)
> 1 cup of Mayonnaise
> 1/4 cup chopped onion
> 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
>
> Chop veggies and measure them
> Cook shrimp, peel and chop them
>
> Dissolve 2 pkts of gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water
> Add the undiluted can of soup, and heat and stir well
> Blend in cream cheese well
> add celery, onion, mayonnaise and shrimp and stir well
>
> Pour into a lightly greased (I used Pam) dish and chill till set.
>
> Invert onto a plate and serve with crackers.
> They will think you are a culinary genius.
>
> Note: I have seen this done in the shape of a fish, decorated beautifully,
> with "scales" of sliced cucumbers, and olive eye, etc.
>

> Not sure about the exact carb count, but if you don't use crackers, you
> will be OK.

Where I used to work, a favorite potluck dip was a block of cream cheese
topped with a can of tiny shrimp and a jar of cocktail sauce. Crackers and
raw veggies were used to dip. I never tried it as I don't like cream cheese
or shrimp. Not sure about the cocktail sauce.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> Shrimp molded spread - (to be spread on crackers or on celery sticks)
>>
>> 2 pkts Knox unflavored gelatine
>> 1/4 cup hot water
>> 1 Can Campbells tomato soup
>> 6 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
>> either 2 cans of canned shrimp, or equivelant amount of fresh, cooked,
>> peeled and chopped shrimp
>> (I used frozen shrimp, boiled for 3 minutes, peeled and chopped)
>> 1 cup of Mayonnaise
>> 1/4 cup chopped onion
>> 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
>>
>> Chop veggies and measure them
>> Cook shrimp, peel and chop them
>>
>> Dissolve 2 pkts of gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water
>> Add the undiluted can of soup, and heat and stir well
>> Blend in cream cheese well
>> add celery, onion, mayonnaise and shrimp and stir well
>>
>> Pour into a lightly greased (I used Pam) dish and chill till set.
>>
>> Invert onto a plate and serve with crackers.
>> They will think you are a culinary genius.
>>
>> Note: I have seen this done in the shape of a fish, decorated
>> beautifully,
>> with "scales" of sliced cucumbers, and olive eye, etc.
>>

>> Not sure about the exact carb count, but if you don't use crackers, you
>> will be OK.

> Where I used to work, a favorite potluck dip was a block of cream cheese
> topped with a can of tiny shrimp and a jar of cocktail sauce. Crackers
> and raw veggies were used to dip. I never tried it as I don't like cream
> cheese or shrimp. Not sure about the cocktail sauce.

Well then you surely won't like this dish!
Best Regards,
Evelyn

(Our) enemies are not man. They are intolerance, fanaticism, dictatorship,
cupidity, hatred and discrimination, which lie within the heart of man." --
Thich Nhat Hanh

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Evelyn" > wrote:

> Shrimp molded spread - (to be spread on crackers or on celery sticks)
>
> 2 pkts Knox unflavored gelatine
> 1/4 cup hot water
> 1 Can Campbells tomato soup
> 6 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
> either 2 cans of canned shrimp, or equivelant amount of fresh, cooked,
> peeled and chopped shrimp
> (I used frozen shrimp, boiled for 3 minutes, peeled and chopped)
> 1 cup of Mayonnaise
> 1/4 cup chopped onion
> 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
>
> Chop veggies and measure them
> Cook shrimp, peel and chop them
>
> Dissolve 2 pkts of gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water
> Add the undiluted can of soup, and heat and stir well
> Blend in cream cheese well
> add celery, onion, mayonnaise and shrimp and stir well
>
> Pour into a lightly greased (I used Pam) dish and chill till set.
>
> Invert onto a plate and serve with crackers.
> They will think you are a culinary genius.
>
> Note: I have seen this done in the shape of a fish, decorated beautifully,
> with "scales" of sliced cucumbers, and olive eye, etc.
>

> Not sure about the exact carb count, but if you don't use crackers, you will
> be OK.

That sounds like the crab dip mold someone made for the lunch at work.
VERY good!

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>
>> Shrimp molded spread - (to be spread on crackers or on celery sticks)
>>
>> 2 pkts Knox unflavored gelatine
>> 1/4 cup hot water
>> 1 Can Campbells tomato soup
>> 6 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
>> either 2 cans of canned shrimp, or equivelant amount of fresh, cooked,
>> peeled and chopped shrimp
>> (I used frozen shrimp, boiled for 3 minutes, peeled and chopped)
>> 1 cup of Mayonnaise
>> 1/4 cup chopped onion
>> 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
>>
>> Chop veggies and measure them
>> Cook shrimp, peel and chop them
>>
>> Dissolve 2 pkts of gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water
>> Add the undiluted can of soup, and heat and stir well
>> Blend in cream cheese well
>> add celery, onion, mayonnaise and shrimp and stir well
>>
>> Pour into a lightly greased (I used Pam) dish and chill till set.
>>
>> Invert onto a plate and serve with crackers.
>> They will think you are a culinary genius.
>>
>> Note: I have seen this done in the shape of a fish, decorated
>> beautifully,
>> with "scales" of sliced cucumbers, and olive eye, etc.
>>

>> Not sure about the exact carb count, but if you don't use crackers, you
>> will
>> be OK.

> That sounds like the crab dip mold someone made for the lunch at work.
> VERY good!
>
> PP--

Hi PP,

I imagine you could use crab or even a nice cooked and flaked white fish.
I don't think it would be very good if you tried tunafish though. But it
is so delicious with shrimp, I never even think to change it.

I find the recipe works out best if you get all the ingredients ready,
chopped, measured etc. and then just go through all the steps quickly.

I doubled the recipe and made three different molds. I gave one to my next
door neighbor to take to her thanksgiving party, and I have two more for the
next two days for the parties I will be attending. I'll bring one to each.

When I flip it out of the container onto a plate, I put a little slice of
lemon and some parsley sprigs on top.

--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

(Our) enemies are not man. They are intolerance, fanaticism, dictatorship,
cupidity, hatred and discrimination, which lie within the heart of man." --
Thich Nhat Hanh

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>>
>>> Shrimp molded spread - (to be spread on crackers or on celery sticks)
>>>
>>> 2 pkts Knox unflavored gelatine
>>> 1/4 cup hot water
>>> 1 Can Campbells tomato soup
>>> 6 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
>>> either 2 cans of canned shrimp, or equivelant amount of fresh, cooked,
>>> peeled and chopped shrimp
>>> (I used frozen shrimp, boiled for 3 minutes, peeled and chopped)
>>> 1 cup of Mayonnaise
>>> 1/4 cup chopped onion
>>> 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
>>>
>>> Chop veggies and measure them
>>> Cook shrimp, peel and chop them
>>>
>>> Dissolve 2 pkts of gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water
>>> Add the undiluted can of soup, and heat and stir well
>>> Blend in cream cheese well
>>> add celery, onion, mayonnaise and shrimp and stir well
>>>
>>> Pour into a lightly greased (I used Pam) dish and chill till set.
>>>
>>> Invert onto a plate and serve with crackers.
>>> They will think you are a culinary genius.
>>>
>>> Note: I have seen this done in the shape of a fish, decorated
>>> beautifully,
>>> with "scales" of sliced cucumbers, and olive eye, etc.
>>>

>>> Not sure about the exact carb count, but if you don't use crackers, you
>>> will
>>> be OK.

>> That sounds like the crab dip mold someone made for the lunch at work.
>> VERY good!
>>
>> PP--

> Hi PP,
>
> I imagine you could use crab or even a nice cooked and flaked white fish.
> I don't think it would be very good if you tried tunafish though. But
> it is so delicious with shrimp, I never even think to change it.
>
> I find the recipe works out best if you get all the ingredients ready,
> chopped, measured etc. and then just go through all the steps quickly.
>
> I doubled the recipe and made three different molds. I gave one to my
> next door neighbor to take to her thanksgiving party, and I have two more
> for the next two days for the parties I will be attending. I'll bring
> one to each.
>
> When I flip it out of the container onto a plate, I put a little slice of
> lemon and some parsley sprigs on top.

The recipe I have calls for crab, and mushroom soup instead of the tomato
soup, but otherwise it's the same. :-) It's all good. I make mine in a fish
mold and it always looks really pretty.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

We use crab instead of shrimp. They're good with triscuit crackers...I like
it with celery.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> Shrimp molded spread - (to be spread on crackers or on celery sticks)
>>
>> 2 pkts Knox unflavored gelatine
>> 1/4 cup hot water
>> 1 Can Campbells tomato soup
>> 6 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
>> either 2 cans of canned shrimp, or equivelant amount of fresh, cooked,
>> peeled and chopped shrimp
>> (I used frozen shrimp, boiled for 3 minutes, peeled and chopped)
>> 1 cup of Mayonnaise
>> 1/4 cup chopped onion
>> 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
>>
>> Chop veggies and measure them
>> Cook shrimp, peel and chop them
>>
>> Dissolve 2 pkts of gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water
>> Add the undiluted can of soup, and heat and stir well
>> Blend in cream cheese well
>> add celery, onion, mayonnaise and shrimp and stir well
>>
>> Pour into a lightly greased (I used Pam) dish and chill till set.
>>
>> Invert onto a plate and serve with crackers.
>> They will think you are a culinary genius.
>>
>> Note: I have seen this done in the shape of a fish, decorated
>> beautifully,
>> with "scales" of sliced cucumbers, and olive eye, etc.
>>

>> Not sure about the exact carb count, but if you don't use crackers, you
>> will be OK.

> Where I used to work, a favorite potluck dip was a block of cream cheese
> topped with a can of tiny shrimp and a jar of cocktail sauce. Crackers
> and raw veggies were used to dip. I never tried it as I don't like cream
> cheese or shrimp. Not sure about the cocktail sauce.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message

>>> That sounds like the crab dip mold someone made for the lunch at work.
>>> VERY good!
>>>
>>> PP--

>> Hi PP,
>>
>> I imagine you could use crab or even a nice cooked and flaked white fish.
>> I don't think it would be very good if you tried tunafish though. But
>> it is so delicious with shrimp, I never even think to change it.
>>
>> I find the recipe works out best if you get all the ingredients ready,
>> chopped, measured etc. and then just go through all the steps quickly.
>>
>> I doubled the recipe and made three different molds. I gave one to my
>> next door neighbor to take to her thanksgiving party, and I have two more
>> for the next two days for the parties I will be attending. I'll bring
>> one to each.
>>
>> When I flip it out of the container onto a plate, I put a little slice of
>> lemon and some parsley sprigs on top.

> The recipe I have calls for crab, and mushroom soup instead of the tomato
> soup, but otherwise it's the same. :-) It's all good. I make mine in a
> fish mold and it always looks really pretty.

That sounds like a good variation. I will try that sometime. This time I
made the shrimp with a too-large size because I couldn't find the tiny ones.
I cut them up, but it still turned out to be more chunky than it ought to
be. It was still delicious and everyone liked it. I had some of the
leftover dip on a half a roll this morning for breakfast.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

(Our) enemies are not man. They are intolerance, fanaticism, dictatorship,
cupidity, hatred and discrimination, which lie within the heart of man." --
Thich Nhat Hanh

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Hi PP,
>>>
>>> I imagine you could use crab or even a nice cooked and flaked white
>>> fish. I don't think it would be very good if you tried tunafish though.
>>> But it is so delicious with shrimp, I never even think to change it.
>>>
>>> I find the recipe works out best if you get all the ingredients ready,
>>> chopped, measured etc. and then just go through all the steps quickly.
>>>
>>> I doubled the recipe and made three different molds. I gave one to my
>>> next door neighbor to take to her thanksgiving party, and I have two
>>> more for the next two days for the parties I will be attending. I'll
>>> bring one to each.
>>>
>>> When I flip it out of the container onto a plate, I put a little slice
>>> of lemon and some parsley sprigs on top.

>> The recipe I have calls for crab, and mushroom soup instead of the tomato
>> soup, but otherwise it's the same. :-) It's all good. I make mine in a
>> fish mold and it always looks really pretty.

> That sounds like a good variation. I will try that sometime. This time
> I made the shrimp with a too-large size because I couldn't find the tiny
> ones. I cut them up, but it still turned out to be more chunky than it
> ought to be. It was still delicious and everyone liked it. I had some
> of the leftover dip on a half a roll this morning for breakfast.

I love that stuff Evelyn, and I'm am really anxious to try it with the
tomato soup and shrimp. Mmmmmmm.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Evelyn" > wrote in message

>>> The recipe I have calls for crab, and mushroom soup instead of the
>>> tomato soup, but otherwise it's the same. :-) It's all good. I make mine
>>> in a fish mold and it always looks really pretty.

>> That sounds like a good variation. I will try that sometime. This
>> time I made the shrimp with a too-large size because I couldn't find the
>> tiny ones. I cut them up, but it still turned out to be more chunky than
>> it ought to be. It was still delicious and everyone liked it. I had
>> some of the leftover dip on a half a roll this morning for breakfast.

> I love that stuff Evelyn, and I'm am really anxious to try it with the
> tomato soup and shrimp. Mmmmmmm.
>
> Cheri

Hi Cheri,

We ate some of the leftover dip on crackers for lunch today! It's really
good. I made WAY too much by doubling the recipe. I could have gotten by
with the single recipe that I posted. I divided the total into three
molds, because I had to go to two different parties and gave one to my
neighbor for her to bring to her son's. It was way too much, and I didn't
chop the shrimp up finely enough. Actually it turns out best if you use
the tiny frozen shrimp. But my neighbor called me to tell me how delicious
it was and they ate every last morsel of it. Good!