Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Pasta Salad

I've been craving a good pasta salad, but my favorite recipe has stuff I
can't eat in it, plus it uses Wishbone dressing. HFCS and soybean oil.
Yuck!

One of Angela's cookbooks had a simple sounding recipe for pasta salad that
didn't make a ton (my favorite makes a ton), but I was stumped for the
dressing. Until someone told me of Blanchard and Blanchard. Now my local
grocery store did have one of their dressings, but not Italian. So I placed
an order online. The stuff is great and one bottle is just enough for this
salad.

Here's what I put in it.

One 4 serving package of corn and quinoa pasta (cooked, rinsed and cooled)
One box mixed cherry tomatoes
One red bell pepper, cut in bite sized pieces
1/2 a cucumber, cut in bite sized pieces
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 can medium black olives, drained
1 8oz bottle Italian dressing

Mix all in a large bowl. Chill overnight. Stir again before serving.

I added some green olives to my portion because Angela won't eat anything
that contains them. You could also add any other raw vegetables you like.
You could cut back on the amount of pasta you put in. Or you could even
leave it out, but then you couldn't call it pasta salad.

This would also be good with cubes of Swiss cheese and strips of hard
salami.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:42:53 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I've been craving a good pasta salad, but my favorite recipe has stuff I
>can't eat in it,

The main thing I can't eat much of in my favourite pasta
salad is pasta:-)

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
d&e, metformin 2000 mg