Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default REC: King's Cake

I found this recipe online. Haven't made it yet, but it looks really nice.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Torta del Re - King's Cake

Recipe By :From Laura Dolson,
Your Guide to Low Carb Diets.
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : cakes Passover

5 eggs -- separated
2 cups almond meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
Zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
1 1/4 cups Splenda

Grease springform pan or 10" round cake pan. Line bottom with parchment
also helpful. Heat oven to 325 F.

Whisk egg yolks until light in color. Beat the rest of the
ingredients except egg white, ending with the almond meal. It will be
very stiff at this point.

Beat egg whites until at a soft peak.

Combine one third of the egg whites with the rest

Fold the rest of the egg whites in, and put in greased pan.

Bake for about 30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool
completely in pan.

Cuisine:
"Italian"
Source:
"About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by our
Medical Review Board"

NOTES : This is a traditional cake of the Piedmonte region of Northern
Italy. It is also a popular Passover cake among Italian Jews.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:
: I found this recipe online. Haven't made it yet, but it looks really nice.

: * Exported from MasterCook *

: Torta del Re - King's Cake

: Recipe By :From Laura Dolson,
: Your Guide to Low Carb Diets.
: Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
: Categories : cakes Passover

: Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
: -------- ------------ --------------------------------
[...]

Thanks for the recipe. Unfortunaely, the only artificial sweetener I can
get for passover is sacharrine(sp?) s Splenda does not make a home pruduct
for the holiday. I mitcht well try it just for another time like Rosh
Hashana.

Happy New Year to all of you, Jewish or not.

Wendy

: --

King Cake Tara General Cooking 13 02-03-2014 07:07 AM
King Cake Tara General Cooking 42 24-02-2013 02:43 PM
King Cake Denise~* General Cooking 11 04-03-2006 05:13 AM
King Cake Ida Slapter Baking 0 19-01-2005 11:37 PM
King Cake Gladys Dinletir Recipes (moderated) 0 13-01-2005 05:11 AM