Old 30-08-2008, 03:01 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default O.T. Medi-Ped Diabetic Shoes

Do any of you out there know which if any Wal*Mart store is selling the so
called *Medi-Ped Diabetic Shoes* ?
Now these Diabetic Shoes are recommended by the American Diabetic
Association.
These shoes sell for about 30 plus dollars apiece.
Which is quite a saving over the $100 to $400 that is being charged by the
specialty shoe shops that carry regular Diabetic Shoes.
When you consider that *1 in every 14* Americans has some form of Diabetes,
there is a market for these low priced Diabetic Shoes.
They would be a great help for all those families on either a fixed or low
family income.

Old 30-08-2008, 03:24 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

curmudgeon wrote:
Do any of you out there know which if any Wal*Mart store is selling the so
called *Medi-Ped Diabetic Shoes* ?
Now these Diabetic Shoes are recommended by the American Diabetic
Association.
These shoes sell for about 30 plus dollars apiece.
Which is quite a saving over the $100 to $400 that is being charged by the
specialty shoe shops that carry regular Diabetic Shoes.
When you consider that *1 in every 14* Americans has some form of Diabetes,
there is a market for these low priced Diabetic Shoes.
They would be a great help for all those families on either a fixed or low
family income.

oh, i'll watch for those

WalMart near home here has the Medi-Ped socks in stock....... they are
white, but they are very comfortable, and they stay up without leaving
indents in your legs!

let us now what you find, please

--
kate
type 1 since 1987
Old 30-08-2008, 03:47 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"curmudgeon" wrote in message
news
Do any of you out there know which if any Wal*Mart store is selling the so
called *Medi-Ped Diabetic Shoes* ?
Now these Diabetic Shoes are recommended by the American Diabetic
Association.
These shoes sell for about 30 plus dollars apiece.
Which is quite a saving over the $100 to $400 that is being charged by the
specialty shoe shops that carry regular Diabetic Shoes.
When you consider that *1 in every 14* Americans has some form of
Diabetes,
there is a market for these low priced Diabetic Shoes.
They would be a great help for all those families on either a fixed or low
family income.

I get my diabetic shoes from Medicare, a new pair every year. They sure do
make a difference. I was having problems walking but with diabetic shoes I
can walk normally.

Old 30-08-2008, 04:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"curmudgeon" wrote in message
news
Do any of you out there know which if any Wal*Mart store is selling the so
called *Medi-Ped Diabetic Shoes* ?
Now these Diabetic Shoes are recommended by the American Diabetic
Association.
These shoes sell for about 30 plus dollars apiece.
Which is quite a saving over the $100 to $400 that is being charged by the
specialty shoe shops that carry regular Diabetic Shoes.
When you consider that *1 in every 14* Americans has some form of
Diabetes,
there is a market for these low priced Diabetic Shoes.
They would be a great help for all those families on either a fixed or low
family income.

I don't know of any that sell them and I would really doubt their quality.
Also, most of us do not need diabetic shoes. Those with complications to
the feet *might* need them, particularly the added depth shoes. I mainly
wear Birkenstock or New Balance. Also have one pair of Nike. They now come
in wide.

Old 30-08-2008, 02:05 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
[...]

Julie might have something there. WalMart is known for contracting with
companies for a line of product bearing the company's name. This
product, however, will be made to WalMart's specifications and will most
probably not equal the manufacturer's 'famous' quality.

My DH, who has had diabetes for over 20 years, only started having to
wear something higher than K-Mart grade shoes. It's not from the DM,
either, but because he's just getting old.

I wear SAS shoes because I have genetically awful feet and they are the
only sandals that I can wear in the world. I can also wear their
walking shoes without custom orthotics.

He bought a pair one day and has sworn by them ever since.

We are lucky to have one of the few actual factory "outlets" (there are
some factory stores, but they are not discounted) near us. The shoes are
a little pricey, but wear well and are so worth it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAS_Shoemakers

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

Old 30-08-2008, 06:49 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
says...
snip
[...]

I also have had trouble finding comfortable shoes all of
my life, what with flat feet and the need for a very
high "box" just behind the toes. Clarksons, Rockports,
and all but one line of New Balance were just impossible
to get into, even in EEE widths.

For awhile I wore Timberlands, but they have very heavy
soles. Once I stopped wincing at the price of SAS shoes
and actually tried them, I never looked back. Each pair
has lasted me 5 years of daily use. The SAS inserts I
have had to replace every two years.

They are expensive here in Canada, and only one store in
a metropolitan area of 350,000 carries them. One pair of
9 1/2 EEE "casual" shoes runs CAN $230 + taxes, and a
pair of replacement inserts for them runs CAN $30 +
taxes. I could shop across the border in the malls
outside of Detroit, Michigan, but I don't like to go to
the USA because of lack of medical coverage I would
have. Everybody else calls me paranoid, but I don't see
that the savings would cover my gas, tolls, and time

Dennis (Type 2)
Old 30-08-2008, 10:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder wrote:
:
: I don't know of any that sell them and I would really doubt their quality.
: Also, most of us do not need diabetic shoes. Those with complications to
: the feet *might* need them, particularly the added depth shoes. I mainly
: wear Birkenstock or New Balance. Also have one pair of Nike. They now come
: in wide.
:
:

: Julie might have something there. WalMart is known for contracting with
: companies for a line of product bearing the company's name. This
: product, however, will be made to WalMart's specifications and will most
: probably not equal the manufacturer's 'famous' quality.

I discovered this when buying a bra with tacompany name tht I had been
werign for yearas. I cought the same size and, guess what! It was too
small. As there is often a higher price for a larger size, there was no
real savings from Walmart.

Wendy
Old 30-08-2008, 10:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Dennis R. wrote:
In article ,
says...
snip
[...]

Dennis,
How would the customs problem effect it if I were to ship - say the
insoles- to you from here in the states?

Old 31-08-2008, 03:01 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder wrote:
Dennis R. wrote:
In article ,
says...
snip
[...]

contents :gift shoe inserts
value: $10
note: GIFT

Old 31-08-2008, 04:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger_Lily wrote:
Janet Wilder wrote:
Dennis R. wrote:
In article ,
says...
snip
[...]

Dennis, If you want me to get them for you, I'm going there next week.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
says...
Tiger_Lily wrote:
Janet Wilder wrote:
Dennis R. wrote:
In article ,
says...
snip
[...]

Thanks Janet - I was away for the long weekend. That is
okay. I will just be starting to use my new shoes next
month. I actually go about 15 - 18 months on the
inserts, so I will be fine.

Thanks for the offer.

Dennis
Old 13-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger_Lily View Post
curmudgeon wrote:[color=blue][i] WalMart near home here has the Medi-Ped socks in stock....... they are white, but they are very comfortable, and they stay up without leaving indents in your legs! let us now what you find, please [/url]
I found out today that Wal-Mart will no longer carry Medi-Peds socks, and that is soooo sad - BUT - you CAN order them directly from MediPeds | Americal - the over-the-calf's are only 4.99 !!

Last edited by janzmr : 13-10-2008 at 10:09 PM Reason: edit
Old 15-10-2008, 02:55 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

janzmr wrote:[color=blue][i]
Tiger_Lily;1181891 Wrote:
curmudgeon wrote: WalMart near home here has the
Medi-Ped socks in stock....... they are white, but they are very
comfortable, and they stay up without leaving indents in your legs! let
us now what you find, please [/url]

I found out today that Wal-Mart will no longer carry Medi-Peds socks,
and that is soooo sad - BUT - you CAN order them directly from
'MediPeds | Americal' (http://www.americalhosiery.com) - the
over-the-calf's are only 4.99 !!

huh??????????? why isn't WalMart carrying them anymore?? they only JUST
got them in!

Old 15-10-2008, 04:20 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger_Lily" wrote in message
...[color=blue][i]
janzmr wrote:
Tiger_Lily;1181891 Wrote:
curmudgeon wrote: WalMart near home here has the
Medi-Ped socks in stock....... they are white, but they are very
comfortable, and they stay up without leaving indents in your legs! let
us now what you find, please [/url]

I found out today that Wal-Mart will no longer carry Medi-Peds socks,
and that is soooo sad - BUT - you CAN order them directly from
'MediPeds | Americal' (http://www.americalhosiery.com) - the
over-the-calf's are only 4.99 !!

huh??????????? why isn't WalMart carrying them anymore?? they only JUST
got them in!

Maybe yours did but I bought some a couple of years ago. AFAIK they were
not a new item and I was not impressed.

Old 15-10-2008, 07:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:[color=blue][i]
"Tiger_Lily" wrote in message
janzmr wrote:
Tiger_Lily;1181891 Wrote:
curmudgeon wrote: WalMart near home here has the
Medi-Ped socks in stock....... they are white, but they are very
comfortable, and they stay up without leaving indents in your legs! let
us now what you find, please [/url]
I found out today that Wal-Mart will no longer carry Medi-Peds socks,
and that is soooo sad - BUT - you CAN order them directly from
'MediPeds | Americal' (http://www.americalhosiery.com) - the
over-the-calf's are only 4.99 !!

huh??????????? why isn't WalMart carrying them anymore?? they only JUST
got them in!

Maybe yours did but I bought some a couple of years ago. AFAIK they were
not a new item and I was not impressed.

wow, i have really liked the Medi-Peds that i got from Walmart....... i
chose the white Medi-Peds as i didn't understand why they would come in
black!