Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Grilled Tuscan Tenderloin

Something for the grill...

Grilled Tuscan Tenderloin

----Marinade----
1/2 cup orange juice
3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. honey; or brown sugar
2 tsp. crushed garlic
2 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried thyme; or sage
1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1 tsp. salt
----Pork----
2 Pork tenderloins; 1 lb. each

Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl
and stir to mix. Remove a 1/4 cup of the marinade
and refrigerate until ready to cook the tenderloins.

Place the tenderloins in a shallow non-metal container.
Pour the remaining marinade over the tenderloins and
lift the meat to allow the marinade to flow underneath.
Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.

Coat a grill rack with cooking spray and place the
tenderloins on the grill rack. Cook, covered, over
medium coals, turning occasionally, for about 20 minutes,
until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the
meat reads 155 to 160 degrees. Baste occasionally with the
reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.

Remove the tenderloins from the grill, cover loosely
with foil, and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing
thinly at an angle and serving.

Yield: 8 servings

Source: "The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan"

Nutritional Information Per 3 oz. Serving:
Calories: 166
Carbohydrate: 3 g
Cholesterol: 67 mg
Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 24 g
Sodium: 121 mg
Calcium: 8 mg

Diabetic Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote:

> Something for the grill...
>
> Grilled Tuscan Tenderloin

Jacquie,

How do you think this would work with Splenda, instead of honey or brown
sugar?

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "jacquie" > wrote:
>
>> Something for the grill...
>>
>> Grilled Tuscan Tenderloin

> Jacquie,
>
> How do you think this would work with Splenda, instead of honey or brown
> sugar?

the honey and brown sugar 'glaze' the orange to the meat

Splenda can't do that

however, this recipe is for 2 pounds of meat..... at 4 oz a serving,
that's 8 servings of pork....... 1/8 of the brown sugar and honey isn't
going to make a huge difference to your bg level (and most of it will
burn off)........... the remaining glaze that is with held, well.......
i wouldn't put that on my chop, but the boys can have it

enjoy!