Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Rice Noodles & Bitter Melon dinner

FBG 74. Knom Jin are a Chinese-style Thai Rice Noodle. Jun often makes
them, but this time bought them. Topped with bitter melon, green onion and
dry roasted Prik Kii Noo. We have to open the doors and windows when she
roasts the chiles. She barely parboiled the bitter melon, then plunged it
in ice water to stop the cooking. I'd never had it this way. It was crisp
and had an almost radish flavor. Not bitter at all. The serving sauce is
Nam Yaa, a very spicy herb sauce with a distinct flavor. One hour
postprandial BG 113.

Happy New Year to All!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Bitter Melon how to? Steve Pope General Cooking 12 24-04-2009 05:46 AM
Bitter melon Nick Cramer Diabetic 0 17-02-2009 06:13 AM
Bitter Melon Soup dinner Nick Cramer Diabetic 22 02-01-2008 10:55 AM