Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default All my goodies.

I just finished making the fruitcake. Made some with fruit and some
without. I didn't add any sweetener of any kind to the cake. It did call
for 8 oz. of apple juice. I added only 5.5 oz. That's the size of the can
I had. Used water for the rest. I figured the fruit was so sweet it didn't
need any additional sweetener. There is only enough batter to hold it
together and I added a lot of nuts to the nutty portion.

I also made a batch of fudge, some coconut haystacks and peppermint bark.

I plan on having at least one piece of fudge and a small fruitcake (they're
cupcake size).

Last night for a snack I had three haystacks and some popcorn. Woke up to
BG of 108. BG was 110 after eating a carby Mexican meal. I think my BG is
down due to stress being down what with not having husband in the house and
all. Might go back up tomorrow with him being out of the hospital and all,
but... Oh well! This year I am going to celebrate.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> I just finished making the fruitcake. Made some with fruit and some
> without. I didn't add any sweetener of any kind to the cake. It did
> call for 8 oz. of apple juice. I added only 5.5 oz. That's the size of
> the can I had. Used water for the rest. I figured the fruit was so
> sweet it didn't need any additional sweetener. There is only enough
> batter to hold it together and I added a lot of nuts to the nutty
> portion.
>
> I also made a batch of fudge, some coconut haystacks and peppermint bark.
>
> I plan on having at least one piece of fudge and a small fruitcake
> (they're cupcake size).
>
> Last night for a snack I had three haystacks and some popcorn. Woke up
> to BG of 108. BG was 110 after eating a carby Mexican meal. I think my
> BG is down due to stress being down what with not having husband in the
> house and all. Might go back up tomorrow with him being out of the
> hospital and all, but... Oh well! This year I am going to celebrate.

Those sound good! A Very Happy Celebration to you, Angela and anyone else
you care to include under the umbrella of my Best Wishes.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> I just finished making the fruitcake. Made some with fruit and some
>> without. I didn't add any sweetener of any kind to the cake. It did
>> call for 8 oz. of apple juice. I added only 5.5 oz. That's the size of
>> the can I had. Used water for the rest. I figured the fruit was so
>> sweet it didn't need any additional sweetener. There is only enough
>> batter to hold it together and I added a lot of nuts to the nutty
>> portion.
>>
>> I also made a batch of fudge, some coconut haystacks and peppermint bark.
>>
>> I plan on having at least one piece of fudge and a small fruitcake
>> (they're cupcake size).
>>
>> Last night for a snack I had three haystacks and some popcorn. Woke up
>> to BG of 108. BG was 110 after eating a carby Mexican meal. I think my
>> BG is down due to stress being down what with not having husband in the
>> house and all. Might go back up tomorrow with him being out of the
>> hospital and all, but... Oh well! This year I am going to celebrate.

> Those sound good! A Very Happy Celebration to you, Angela and anyone else
> you care to include under the umbrella of my Best Wishes.

Thanks!