Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Carelessness leads to unhappiness.

My friend sent me a loaf of fresh baked Challah (egg bread), which I
haven't had in decades. Toasted three slices, buttered them and enjoyed
them with a cup of coffee. No FBG, but one hour BG was 190. ;-(

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote in message >...
>My friend sent me a loaf of fresh baked Challah (egg bread), which I
>haven't had in decades. Toasted three slices, buttered them and

enjoyed
>them with a cup of coffee. No FBG, but one hour BG was 190. ;-(

LOL, where was the carelessness? Did you not put enough butter on
them? :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote in message >...
> >My friend sent me a loaf of fresh baked Challah (egg bread), which I
> >haven't had in decades. Toasted three slices, buttered them and
> > enjoyed them with a cup of coffee. No FBG, but one hour BG was 190. ;-(

> LOL, where was the carelessness? Did you not put enough butter on
> them? :-)

LMAO At least I restrained myself from putting jelly or jam on them. ;-D

Seriously, ma Cheri. I should have only had one slice, observed the effect
and acted accordingly. I don't know if I can make only one slice of French
Toast, though. ;-/

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:
> > Nick Cramer wrote in message >...
> > >My friend sent me a loaf of fresh baked Challah (egg bread), which I
> > >haven't had in decades. Toasted three slices, buttered them and
> > > enjoyed them with a cup of coffee. No FBG, but one hour BG was 190. ;-(

> > LOL, where was the carelessness? Did you not put enough butter on
> > them? :-)

> LMAO At least I restrained myself from putting jelly or jam on them. ;-D
>
> Seriously, ma Cheri. I should have only had one slice, observed the effect
> and acted accordingly. I don't know if I can make only one slice of French
> Toast, though. ;-/

Yes you can. Plenty of butter and egg. I have a shaker of
cinnamon/Splenda mix that I use, since maple syrup is right out and I
don't use fake syrup.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alice Faber > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> > "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:
> > > Nick Cramer wrote in message
> > > [ . . . ]I don't know if I can make only one slice of French Toast,
> > > though.

> Yes you can. Plenty of butter and egg. I have a shaker of
> cinnamon/Splenda mix that I use, since maple syrup is right out and I
> don't use fake syrup.

Sounds like a bread omelette! ;-D

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> My friend sent me a loaf of fresh baked Challah (egg bread), which I
> haven't had in decades. Toasted three slices, buttered them and enjoyed
> them with a cup of coffee. No FBG, but one hour BG was 190. ;-(

maybe eating half a slice would have been easier on your BG. It is not
necessary for you to deprive yourself entirely of things you love.
Moderation and counting the carbs is the key.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > My friend sent me a loaf of fresh baked Challah (egg bread), which I
> > haven't had in decades. Toasted three slices, buttered them and enjoyed
> > them with a cup of coffee. No FBG, but one hour BG was 190. ;-(
> >

> maybe eating half a slice would have been easier on your BG. It is not
> necessary for you to deprive yourself entirely of things you love.

> Moderation and counting the carbs is the key.

Yup! Thanks, Janet. I'm gonna have one slice for brekkie, in a bread
omelette (French Toast) with Splenda'd butter. We'll see what that does.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: My friend sent me a loaf of fresh baked Challah (egg bread), which I
: haven't had in decades. Toasted three slices, buttered them and enjoyed
: them with a cup of coffee. No FBG, but one hour BG was 190. ;-(

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
: I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War. They
: are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
: forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

As I need this bread every week for the Sabbath, I either mke very small
challah rolls or buy the whole wheat challah rolls and my husand and I
share one roll for our meals. I know that I can't bear having challah in
the house. It makes the best French toast too:-(

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> : My friend sent me a loaf of fresh baked Challah (egg bread), which I
> : haven't had in decades. Toasted three slices, buttered them and enjoyed
> : them with a cup of coffee. No FBG, but one hour BG was 190. ;-(
>
> As I need this bread every week for the Sabbath, I either mke very small
> challah rolls or buy the whole wheat challah rolls and my husand and I
> share one roll for our meals. I know that I can't bear having challah in
> the house. It makes the best French toast too:-(

This Sichy goy from da Bronx knows of challah for Shabbat. But you're
right. It is so good. See my French Toast pic under "Moderation in all
things" on a.b.f. Thanks, Imma Sarah.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~