Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Hot Chocolate work-around

This drink can be enjoyed with or without chocolate. It's all done in
the microwave.

Ingredients:
Water

Soy Milk (low carb-my favorite is Kirkland Organic Plain Soymilk 8 gr.
carb per cup from Costco. Westsoy has a similar product at Trader Joe's)

Hershey's Natural Unsweetened Cocoa

Green Tea Bag

Ground Nutmeg

Ground Cinnamon

Sweetener
--------------------
Directions:

Place green tea bag into microwaveable cup 3/4ths full of water and zap
for 3:00 minutes or whatever your oven requires.

When done, add a teaspoon or more of cocoa to a second cup and add a
little hot tea from first cup to dissolve cocoa. Stir.

Remove tea bag from first cup, add dissolved cocoa to tea in first cup.

Sprinkle in nutmeg and cinnamon. Add sweetener and stir.

Pour in 1/4 cup of soy milk and stir.

Reheat in microwave for 20 seconds if desired.

Enjoy.

This is also terrific without the cocoa. This is my number-one between
meal snack that keeps the weight off.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Uncle Enrico wrote:

> This is also terrific without the cocoa. This is my number-one between
> meal snack that keeps the weight off.

I suspect that this drink works well for weight control due to the
following: the blend of small amounts of carb, fat and protein in the
soy milk which helps achieve satiety, plus any alleged appetite
suppressant effect from the green tea that we read about. Also, there's
the anti-oxidant bonus if all the green tea propaganda is true.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Uncle Enrico" > wrote in message
et...
> This drink can be enjoyed with or without chocolate. It's all done in the
> microwave.
>
> Ingredients:
> Water
>
> Soy Milk (low carb-my favorite is Kirkland Organic Plain Soymilk 8 gr.
> carb per cup from Costco. Westsoy has a similar product at Trader Joe's)
>
> Hershey's Natural Unsweetened Cocoa
>
> Green Tea Bag
>
> Ground Nutmeg
>
> Ground Cinnamon
>
> Sweetener
> --------------------
> Directions:
>
> Place green tea bag into microwaveable cup 3/4ths full of water and zap
> for 3:00 minutes or whatever your oven requires.
>
> When done, add a teaspoon or more of cocoa to a second cup and add a
> little hot tea from first cup to dissolve cocoa. Stir.
>
> Remove tea bag from first cup, add dissolved cocoa to tea in first cup.
>
> Sprinkle in nutmeg and cinnamon. Add sweetener and stir.
>
> Pour in 1/4 cup of soy milk and stir.
>
> Reheat in microwave for 20 seconds if desired.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> This is also terrific without the cocoa. This is my number-one between
> meal snack that keeps the weight off.

Glad it works for you. I'll just stick to the green tea. Then again, I
never liked hot chocolate.