FoodBanter.com

-   -   Lemonade in restaurants. (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/13840-lemonade-restaurants.html)

Larry Hazel 25-11-2003 03:30 AM

Lemonade in restaurants.

Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

t2_lurking 25-11-2003 03:40 AM

Lemonade in restaurants.

No, but I take Splenda and order plain Iced Tea. Everyone has Pink or Blue,
but alas no Yellow.

t2_lurking
geabbottATabbottandabbottDOTcom
Do not mail to t2_lurking (auto-delete)
============================
Well, i dreamed i saw the silver
Space ships flying
In the yellow haze of the sun
-- Neil Young --

Jmmbear 25-11-2003 04:26 AM

Lemonade in restaurants.

In article >, Larry Hazel
> writes:

>Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
>water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

no, but I bring my own splenda with me everywhere. My husband does too.
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120

Jmmbear 25-11-2003 04:26 AM

Lemonade in restaurants.

In article >, "t2_lurking"
> writes:

>No, but I take Splenda and order plain Iced Tea. Everyone has Pink or Blue,
>but alas no Yellow.
>--
>--

7 11 has started carrying splenda..

Gregory Gadow 25-11-2003 02:01 PM

Lemonade in restaurants.

Larry Hazel wrote:

> Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
> water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

My favorite "restaurant drink" is a Lemon Fizz: plain carbonated water
with a lemon slice. I eat out often enough (too often, in other words)
that I've even trained a few servers to know what I mean when I ask for
one :-)
--
Gregory Gadow

http://www.serv.net/~techbear

"If you make yourself a sheep, the wolves will eat you."
-- Benjamin Franklin

t2_lurking 25-11-2003 03:03 PM

Lemonade in restaurants.

I never thought of that. Thanks!

Julie Bove 26-11-2003 12:35 AM

Lemonade in restaurants.

"Larry Hazel" > wrote in message
> Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
> water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

I've never done that, but most restaurants I've been to have sweetener at
the table.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Larry Hazel 26-11-2003 01:08 AM

Lemonade in restaurants.

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Larry Hazel" > wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
>>water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

> I've never done that, but most restaurants I've been to have sweetener at
> the table.

But most don't have Splenda. That other stuff tastes horrible to me.

Julie Bove 26-11-2003 01:50 PM

Lemonade in restaurants.

"Larry Hazel" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
> > "Larry Hazel" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
> >>water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

> > I've never done that, but most restaurants I've been to have sweetener

at
> > the table.
> >

> But most don't have Splenda. That other stuff tastes horrible to me.

Oh. I don't sweeten my drinks. So it doesn't matter to me what they have!

Wmkcross 27-11-2003 03:02 PM

Lemonade in restaurants.

>But most don't have Splenda. That other stuff tastes horrible to me.

I order unsweetened iced tea and use the "pink" stuff. YEA YEA, I know.....
The tanic acid in the tea counteracts the bitterness of the sweetener.But I
think its just something that i've gotten used to and almost EVERY
establishment has it.
BTW, I use Splenda in my tea at home. Go figure.

Bill

The Other James 03-12-2003 08:02 AM

Lemonade in restaurants.

Wmkcross wrote:

> >But most don't have Splenda. That other stuff tastes horrible to me.

> I order unsweetened iced tea and use the "pink" stuff. YEA YEA, I know.....
> The tanic acid in the tea counteracts the bitterness of the sweetener.But I
> think its just something that i've gotten used to and almost EVERY
> establishment has it.
> BTW, I use Splenda in my tea at home. Go figure.
>
> Bill

I do that too. My regular server at my favorite restaurant is very nice. We
drink gobs of iced tea so she just brings a pitcher over to the table for me
and my SO.