Larry Hazel

Default Lemonade in restaurants.

Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

t2_lurking

No, but I take Splenda and order plain Iced Tea. Everyone has Pink or Blue,
but alas no Yellow.

t2_lurking
geabbottATabbottandabbottDOTcom
Do not mail to t2_lurking (auto-delete)
============================
Well, i dreamed i saw the silver
Space ships flying
In the yellow haze of the sun
-- Neil Young --

"Larry Hazel" > wrote in message
> Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
> water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

Jmmbear

In article >, Larry Hazel
> writes:

>Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
>water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

no, but I bring my own splenda with me everywhere. My husband does too.
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120
Jmmbear

In article >, "t2_lurking"
> writes:

>No, but I take Splenda and order plain Iced Tea. Everyone has Pink or Blue,
>but alas no Yellow.
>--
>--

7 11 has started carrying splenda..

As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120
Gregory Gadow

Larry Hazel wrote:

> Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
> water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

My favorite "restaurant drink" is a Lemon Fizz: plain carbonated water
with a lemon slice. I eat out often enough (too often, in other words)
that I've even trained a few servers to know what I mean when I ask for
one :-)
--
Gregory Gadow

http://www.serv.net/~techbear

"If you make yourself a sheep, the wolves will eat you."
-- Benjamin Franklin

t2_lurking

I never thought of that. Thanks!

"Gregory Gadow" > wrote in message
> Larry Hazel wrote:
>
> > Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
> > water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

> My favorite "restaurant drink" is a Lemon Fizz: plain carbonated water
> with a lemon slice. I eat out often enough (too often, in other words)
> that I've even trained a few servers to know what I mean when I ask for
> one :-)
> --
> Gregory Gadow

http://www.serv.net/~techbear

> "If you make yourself a sheep, the wolves will eat you."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

Julie Bove

"Larry Hazel" > wrote in message
> Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
> water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

I've never done that, but most restaurants I've been to have sweetener at
the table.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Larry Hazel

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Larry Hazel" > wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
>>water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

> I've never done that, but most restaurants I've been to have sweetener at
> the table.

But most don't have Splenda. That other stuff tastes horrible to me.

Julie Bove

"Larry Hazel" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
> > "Larry Hazel" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Does anyone other than me take Splenda packets to restaurants, order
> >>water with lots of lemon and make sugar free lemonade at the table?

> > I've never done that, but most restaurants I've been to have sweetener

at
> > the table.
> >

> But most don't have Splenda. That other stuff tastes horrible to me.

Oh. I don't sweeten my drinks. So it doesn't matter to me what they have!

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Wmkcross

>But most don't have Splenda. That other stuff tastes horrible to me.

I order unsweetened iced tea and use the "pink" stuff. YEA YEA, I know.....
The tanic acid in the tea counteracts the bitterness of the sweetener.But I
think its just something that i've gotten used to and almost EVERY
establishment has it.
BTW, I use Splenda in my tea at home. Go figure.

Bill

The Other James

Wmkcross wrote:

> >But most don't have Splenda. That other stuff tastes horrible to me.

> I order unsweetened iced tea and use the "pink" stuff. YEA YEA, I know.....
> The tanic acid in the tea counteracts the bitterness of the sweetener.But I
> think its just something that i've gotten used to and almost EVERY
> establishment has it.
> BTW, I use Splenda in my tea at home. Go figure.
>
> Bill

I do that too. My regular server at my favorite restaurant is very nice. We
drink gobs of iced tea so she just brings a pitcher over to the table for me
and my SO.

lemonade pie BETTINA HUGHES General Cooking 3 27-02-2008 06:28 PM
Lemonade! Nancy Young General Cooking 41 18-06-2007 05:21 AM
Lemonade [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-03-2007 04:10 AM
Need HM Lemonade? Scott Lewis General Cooking 5 20-09-2006 04:17 PM
lemonade Momzilla Vegan 1 30-11-2004 08:26 PM