Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Pumpkin Cookies

A good autumn treat. Quick and easy to make. I'm not sure where I got this
recipe, maybe here. If anyone recognizes it - Thanks! I've made this many
times. I even keep them in the freezer after baking. They're still soft
enough to eat right out of the freezer .... in an emergency of course. :-)

Pumpkin Cookies
(cake like cookie)
Mix following dry ingredients:

½ c. flour (I use whole grain Oat flour - approx. 40 carbs)

1 ½ c. almond flour

½ c. Erythritol

½ c. Splenda

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

Cinnamon to taste

Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste

Add to dry ingredients and mix well

½ of 15 oz. can of pumpkin

½ c. egg substitute or egg whites

¼ c. sugar free maple syrup

1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans

Spoon thick batter on to parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Make cookies
whatever size you like. Should make 36 medium (slightly bigger than silver
dollar) size cookies. Bake at 350° 10 to 12 mins. My oven takes a little
longer.

This is a very cake like cookie and reminds me of a muffin top. 1 of 36
cookies = approx. 2 carbs

Best, Barbara H

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

My isp has trouble with fractions. This recipe came to me wih a ? for
the flour, the 1 ? almond flour, etc. I assume that this woudl be 1/2C
flour adn 1 1/2 C almond flourr, etc, but I wuld like to verify my
assumption.

They look like something I would like to try.

Wendy

Barbara H > wrote:

: Pumpkin Cookies
: (cake like cookie)
: Mix following dry ingredients:

: ? c. flour (I use whole grain Oat flour - approx. 40 carbs)

: 1 ? c. almond flour

: ? c. Erythritol

: ? c. Splenda

: 2 tsp. baking powder

: 1 tsp. baking soda

: 1 tsp. salt

: Cinnamon to taste

: Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste

: Add to dry ingredients and mix well

: ? of 15 oz. can of pumpkin

: ? c. egg substitute or egg whites

: ? c. sugar free maple syrup

: 1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> My isp has trouble with fractions.

It would be your news reader, not ISP, but anyway:

This recipe came to me wih a ? for
> the flour, the 1 ? almond flour, etc. I assume that this woudl be 1/2C
> flour adn 1 1/2 C almond flourr, etc, but I wuld like to verify my
> assumption.

You are right but the sugar free maple syrup is one quarter cup. All the
other ?'s are half a cup.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> > My isp has trouble with fractions.

> It would be your news reader, not ISP, but anyway:
>
> This recipe came to me wih a ? for
> > the flour, the 1 ? almond flour, etc. I assume that this woudl be 1/2C
> > flour adn 1 1/2 C almond flourr, etc, but I wuld like to verify my
> > assumption.

> You are right but the sugar free maple syrup is one quarter cup. All the
> other ?'s are half a cup.

Nope. It's a problem with Windows using non-standard single characters
to represent fractions. These non-standard characters are interpreted in
different ways. Depending on what the news server software does with
non-standard characters, I sometimes see a ? and sometimes funky Greek
letters. I never, ever, ever see the fractions. And I would imagine that
other Mac users and people who read news with a shell program don't
either.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> My isp has trouble with fractions. This recipe came to me wih a ? for
> the flour, the 1 ? almond flour, etc. I assume that this woudl be 1/2C
> flour adn 1 1/2 C almond flourr, etc, but I wuld like to verify my
> assumption.
>
> They look like something I would like to try.
>
> Wendy
>
> Barbara H > wrote:
>
> : Pumpkin Cookies
> : (cake like cookie)
> : Mix following dry ingredients:
>
> : 1 c. flour (I use whole grain Oat flour - approx. 40 carbs)
>
> : 1 1/2 c. almond flour
>
> : 1/2 c. Erythritol
>
> : 1/2 c. Splenda
>
> : 2 tsp. baking powder
>
> : 1 tsp. baking soda
>
> : 1 tsp. salt
>
> : Cinnamon to taste
>
> : Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste
>
> : Add to dry ingredients and mix well
>
> : 1/2 of 15 oz. can of pumpkin
>
> : 1/2 c. egg substitute or egg whites
>
> : 1/4 c. sugar free maple syrup
>
> : 1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans

Oops - sorry again - think I may have done an ordinary "reply" rather than
reply to group .... trying again here.

Yes - you were right on the flour. I filled in the amounts above. I don't
know why the fractions don't copy sometimes.

Good luck -
Best, Barbara H

pumpkin cookies lalam Recipes (moderated) 0 18-11-2009 07:31 PM
Pumpkin Cookies (Was Pumpkin) Mr. Bill[_2_] Baking 1 11-11-2008 09:33 PM
Pumpkin Cookies: Duckie ® Recipes 0 23-09-2005 11:12 PM
Pumpkin Cookies Joyce Moore Recipes (moderated) 0 11-07-2005 05:02 AM
Pumpkin Cookies Duckie ® Recipes 0 10-07-2005 03:08 AM