Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Sesame Stringbeans?

I already make stringbean "spaghetti", using tomato sauce and sliced
italian hot sausage (beef-not pork-kosher). I have thought of trying to
make some substitute for seame noodles to take to a covered dish Sukkot
celebration, so I know there is at least one dish I can eat:-) any
thoughts out there on how this might work? After all, you can get loveley
string bean dishes in Chinese restaurants like schechwan styoe or with
black bean sauce. I thought -finley chopped onions or scallions, peanut
butter, low sodium soy sauce and sesame oil and some mild heat(red pepper
flakes, a little hot sauce?). I would micro the whole string beans adn
add the sauce adn mix.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
> I already make stringbean "spaghetti", using tomato sauce and sliced
> italian hot sausage (beef-not pork-kosher). I have thought of trying to
> make some substitute for seame noodles to take to a covered dish Sukkot
> celebration, so I know there is at least one dish I can eat:-) any
> thoughts out there on how this might work? After all, you can get loveley
> string bean dishes in Chinese restaurants like schechwan styoe or with
> black bean sauce. I thought -finley chopped onions or scallions, peanut
> butter, low sodium soy sauce and sesame oil and some mild heat(red pepper
> flakes, a little hot sauce?). I would micro the whole string beans adn
> add the sauce adn mix.
>
> Wendy

Wendy,

Happy and healthy new year.

Here's a recipe I found for spicy sesame noodles. You could adapt it for
string beans. I haven't tried it yet. It says it will feed 4 but it
looks like it would do for a lot more. You could use unsweetened peanut
butter and a little artificial sweetener of your choice if you don't
handle the carbs in Skippy.

Spicy Sesame Peanut Noodles

2/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 cloves garlic -- minced
2 green onions -- sliced
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
juice from one lime
1/2 pound pasta or noodles -- cooked
2 Tbsp sesame seeds

Over low heat, combine all ingredients except pasta and sesame seeds.

Whisk carefully to combine all ingredients until smooth. Pour sauce
over pasta or noodles, tossing gently to combine. Sprinkle sesame seeds
on top, and serve hot or cold, as desired.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:

: Happy and healthy new year.

: Here's a recipe I found for spicy sesame noodles. You could adapt it for
: string beans. I haven't tried it yet. It says it will feed 4 but it
: looks like it would do for a lot more. You could use unsweetened peanut
: butter and a little artificial sweetener of your choice if you don't
: handle the carbs in Skippy.

: Spicy Sesame Peanut Noodles

: Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
: -------- ------------ --------------------------------
: 2/3 cup peanut butter
: 1/4 cup soy sauce
: 3 cloves garlic -- minced
: 2 green onions -- sliced
: 2 Tbsp sesame oil
: 1/2 tsp ginger powder
: 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
: juice from one lime
: 1/2 pound pasta or noodles -- cooked
: 2 Tbsp sesame seeds

: Over low heat, combine all ingredients except pasta and sesame seeds.

: Whisk carefully to combine all ingredients until smooth. Pour sauce
: over pasta or noodles, tossing gently to combine. Sprinkle sesame seeds
: on top, and serve hot or cold, as desired.

: --
: Janet Wilder
: Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
: Good Friends. Good Life

happy New Year to you too.

thanks, this looks good and not complicated. I would use the natural
peanut butter I have in the house, of course. I would be using 2-3 pounds
of beans as we all bring stuff to share adn everyone eats plenty!. You
should have seen the carby break-fast at the synagogue last night! That's
why I want to do these string beans.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
>You
> should have seen the carby break-fast at the synagogue last night! That's
> why I want to do these string beans.

That's why we excuse ourselves and go home to break-fast. My crazy DH
fasts so the last thing he needs is a carb overload.

You might have to make a bunch more of the sauce for the amount of
string beans you want to use, but it did sound yummy and the sauce is
made separately, which was just what you wanted. Try a smaller batch on
your own as a test.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life

Sesame chicken JeffH[_2_] Asian Cooking 2 02-08-2009 02:06 AM
Assai Sesame Oil 52 oz can Dee Randall Asian Cooking 2 20-10-2006 04:16 PM
Sesame Chicken Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-12-2005 02:44 PM
Sesame Oil Margaret Suran General Cooking 25 09-11-2005 05:16 AM
sesame oil Dee Randall Asian Cooking 7 06-02-2004 02:48 AM