Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Ping: Alan S

We will have to fetch our own dinner our first night in Sydney. We'll be
staying at the Grace Hotel. Can you recommend a web site where I can
scan a few menus of nearby places for a DM-friendly dinner?

TIA,
Janet
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Alan S

The Grace's own eateries look promising:

http://www.gracehotel.com.au/foodbev.htm

Their Brasserie is smorgasbord style.

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> We will have to fetch our own dinner our first night in Sydney. We'll be
> staying at the Grace Hotel. Can you recommend a web site where I can scan
> a few menus of nearby places for a DM-friendly dinner?
>
> TIA,
> Janet
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> Good Friends. Good Life

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:31:13 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>We will have to fetch our own dinner our first night in Sydney. We'll be
>staying at the Grace Hotel. Can you recommend a web site where I can
>scan a few menus of nearby places for a DM-friendly dinner?
>
>TIA,
>Janet

Hi Janet

To be honest, no I can't. It's not the way I travel. My
usual technique is to first check out the hotel site
http://www.gracehotel.com.au/foodbev.htm ($29 per person for
a buffet is a bit steep for me) and then take a stroll
around the district and decide from that. I rarely dine at
expensive restaurants; in Sydney I am more likely to dine at
an ethnic restaurant (Indian, Chinese, Thai etc) or in a Pub
Bistro.

There should be plenty of possibilities nearby. If you
prefer to go for a walk or try the local buses, there are a
lot of restaurants clustered around Darling Harbour, to the
west of your hotel, and Chinatown is a little further south
in the district just below "Sydney South" on the map:
http://www.gracehotel.com.au/location.htm

If you want "atmosphere" with a price go north towards
Cicular Quay and the Opera House and you will find lots of
resataurants clustered around there with harbour views.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Another point is that in most restaurants and cafes there will be the
opportunity to get diabetic friendly meals. I got a delicious asparagus and
sun dried tomato frittata with a great salad yesterday in a hospital cafe.
These kinds of meals are by no means rare here. Also most of the walk in
small eateries in the CBD area of Sydney have their menus on the door,
windows etc so you can check it out before walking in.

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:31:13 -0500, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
>>We will have to fetch our own dinner our first night in Sydney. We'll be
>>staying at the Grace Hotel. Can you recommend a web site where I can
>>scan a few menus of nearby places for a DM-friendly dinner?
>>
>>TIA,
>>Janet

> Hi Janet
>
> To be honest, no I can't. It's not the way I travel. My
> usual technique is to first check out the hotel site
> http://www.gracehotel.com.au/foodbev.htm ($29 per person for
> a buffet is a bit steep for me) and then take a stroll
> around the district and decide from that. I rarely dine at
> expensive restaurants; in Sydney I am more likely to dine at
> an ethnic restaurant (Indian, Chinese, Thai etc) or in a Pub
> Bistro.
>
> There should be plenty of possibilities nearby. If you
> prefer to go for a walk or try the local buses, there are a
> lot of restaurants clustered around Darling Harbour, to the
> west of your hotel, and Chinatown is a little further south
> in the district just below "Sydney South" on the map:
> http://www.gracehotel.com.au/location.htm
>
> If you want "atmosphere" with a price go north towards
> Cicular Quay and the Opera House and you will find lots of
> resataurants clustered around there with harbour views.
>

> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
> d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
> --
> http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in
:

> Another point is that in most restaurants and cafes there will be the
> opportunity to get diabetic friendly meals. I got a delicious
> asparagus and sun dried tomato frittata with a great salad yesterday
> in a hospital cafe. These kinds of meals are by no means rare here.
> Also most of the walk in small eateries in the CBD area of Sydney have
> their menus on the door, windows etc so you can check it out before
> walking in.

I have discovered, in every country that I travel in, if I can get the word
across that I'm diabetic, nearly every place I've been to is happy to make
a meal to fit my needs. I just have to find the right phrase to translate.

--Sean

--
Sean Dennis * * http://outpostbbs.net
Author of Cheepware BBS doors and sysop utilities

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl wrote:
> The Grace's own eateries look promising:
>
> http://www.gracehotel.com.au/foodbev.htm
>
> Their Brasserie is smorgasbord style.

Thanks.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:31:13 -0500, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
>> We will have to fetch our own dinner our first night in Sydney. We'll be
>> staying at the Grace Hotel. Can you recommend a web site where I can
>> scan a few menus of nearby places for a DM-friendly dinner?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Janet

> Hi Janet
>
> To be honest, no I can't. It's not the way I travel. My
> usual technique is to first check out the hotel site
> http://www.gracehotel.com.au/foodbev.htm ($29 per person for
> a buffet is a bit steep for me) and then take a stroll
> around the district and decide from that. I rarely dine at
> expensive restaurants; in Sydney I am more likely to dine at
> an ethnic restaurant (Indian, Chinese, Thai etc) or in a Pub
> Bistro.
>
> There should be plenty of possibilities nearby. If you
> prefer to go for a walk or try the local buses, there are a
> lot of restaurants clustered around Darling Harbour, to the
> west of your hotel, and Chinatown is a little further south
> in the district just below "Sydney South" on the map:
> http://www.gracehotel.com.au/location.htm
>
> If you want "atmosphere" with a price go north towards
> Cicular Quay and the Opera House and you will find lots of
> resataurants clustered around there with harbour views.
>

> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
> d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
> --
> http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com

Thanks.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life

Ping: Alan Zelt Cindy Fuller[_2_] General Cooking 5 15-12-2012 04:23 PM
Ping: Alan Z. Piedmont Barbecue 15 15-02-2006 04:52 AM
Ping: Alan Zelt or Harry D. Debra Fritz General Cooking 30 09-08-2005 03:09 PM
Ping: Especially Alan Zelt and other Verizon-user Carmen Bartels General Cooking 4 25-01-2005 04:48 AM