Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Junk Food Update

I found the Wonder Lite White Bread at Walmart. I bought it. Just got home
and tried a slice. It has the good ole white bread look and texture but
still has a hint of fake...haha. All in all, pretty good though. Advertises
9g of carbs. Actually has 18 with various subtractions but is still low for
bread.

John
www.diabeticjunkfood.com

P.S. Could use some more stores added to the products on the website. Almost
all I have so far are in the southeast.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Publix also have their own brand of low-carb breads. The Net Carb count
is on the package. I only subtract the gms of fiber from the gross carb
count. Also, watch out with the breads. I notice some have their
statistics for a 2-slice serving, while others are for a 1-slice
serving. Publix also had Dreamfields pasta yesterday. I have bought a
box, and see if hubby can eat it without playing havoc with his Blood Sugar.

Incidentally do you have the Arizona Carb Free Teas on your list?? Jim
really likes the No-Carb Green Tea, with Ginseng, and has the flavored
ones for variety. Can be found everywhere; Publix, Walmart, Winn Dixie,
Walgreens Military Commissaries.

We will be leaving Florida May 12th for five months. First stop, Wright
Patterson AFB, Ohio. Then travelling to the north-east. I shall keep my
eyes open for you, and send names of stores where I find low-carb goodies.

Gillian

johnniemccoy@ wrote:
> I found the Wonder Lite White Bread at Walmart. I bought it. Just got home
> and tried a slice. It has the good ole white bread look and texture but
> still has a hint of fake...haha. All in all, pretty good though. Advertises
> 9g of carbs. Actually has 18 with various subtractions but is still low for
> bread.
>
> John
> www.diabeticjunkfood.com
>
> P.S. Could use some more stores added to the products on the website. Almost
> all I have so far are in the southeast.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thanks Cheri,

Of course that is six weeks away, and anything can happen in between now
and then. We got delayed last year when I had to have a basal cell
cancer taken off my face. The penalties of being 70 AND living in
Florida! LOL

Gillian

Cheri wrote:
> Have a safe trip Gillian.
>
> Cheri
>

> Gill Murray wrote in message <7KtPh.472$i93.337@trnddc05>...
>

>>We will be leaving Florida May 12th for five months. First stop,

> Wright
>
>>Patterson AFB, Ohio. Then travelling to the north-east. I shall keep

> my
>
>>eyes open for you, and send names of stores where I find low-carb

> goodies.
>
>>Gillian

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Have a safe trip Gillian.

Cheri

Gill Murray wrote in message <7KtPh.472$i93.337@trnddc05>...

>We will be leaving Florida May 12th for five months. First stop,

Wright
>Patterson AFB, Ohio. Then travelling to the north-east. I shall keep

my
>eyes open for you, and send names of stores where I find low-carb

goodies.

>Gillian

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Gill Murray was thinking very hard :
> Dreamfields pasta

Be careful with that Dreamfields. For me, it sent me up steadily for
hours. So, you might want to check after more than 2 hours if that's
your typical checkpoint. I do much better with any whole wheat pasta
and a small portion.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Eddie wrote:
> Gill Murray was thinking very hard :
>
>> Dreamfields pasta

> Be careful with that Dreamfields. For me, it sent me up steadily for
> hours. So, you might want to check after more than 2 hours if that's
> your typical checkpoint. I do much better with any whole wheat pasta
> and a small portion.

Thanks for the input. We will do that!

Gillian
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> Publix also have their own brand of low-carb breads. The Net Carb count is
> on the package. I only subtract the gms of fiber from the gross carb
> count. Also, watch out with the breads. I notice some have their
> statistics for a 2-slice serving, while others are for a 1-slice serving.
> Publix also had Dreamfields pasta yesterday. I have bought a box, and see
> if hubby can eat it without playing havoc with his Blood Sugar.
>
> Incidentally do you have the Arizona Carb Free Teas on your list??

I haven't seen the Publix brand bread. I'll look. Thanks for the tip on
servings. I haven't listed any pastas since they are all over 10 grams.
Also, haven't listed most drinks.

Really appreciate the imput.

John
www.diabeticjunkfood.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"johnniemccoy@" > wrote in message
>I found the Wonder Lite White Bread at Walmart. I bought it. Just got home
>and tried a slice. It has the good ole white bread look and texture but
>still has a hint of fake...haha. All in all, pretty good though. Advertises
>9g of carbs. Actually has 18 with various subtractions but is still low for
>bread.

After several days of the Wonder Lite White Bread - I won't buy it again -
phoney taste, toasts badly.... to me, you may find it fine. I'm still using
the Peppridge Farm Carb Style - pretty decent.

New on site - Voortmans Cookies

John
www.diabeticjunkfood.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

johnniemccoy@ wrote:
> "johnniemccoy@" > wrote in message
>
>>I found the Wonder Lite White Bread at Walmart. I bought it. Just got home
>>and tried a slice. It has the good ole white bread look and texture but
>>still has a hint of fake...haha. All in all, pretty good though. Advertises
>>9g of carbs. Actually has 18 with various subtractions but is still low for
>>bread.
>>

> After several days of the Wonder Lite White Bread - I won't buy it again -
> phoney taste, toasts badly.... to me, you may find it fine. I'm still using
> the Peppridge Farm Carb Style - pretty decent.
>
> New on site - Voortmans Cookies
>
> John
> www.diabeticjunkfood.com

I did say that I cannot stand Wonder bread. However being raised in UK,
there is bread (real) and bread( US). I am so glad I am no longer in
Spain. Thebread man came around the part of town where we lived (
non-American) three times a day. Was that fresh and crusty!! ( Wiping
off the drool).

Gillian
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> johnniemccoy@ wrote:
>> "johnniemccoy@" > wrote in message
>>
>>>I found the Wonder Lite White Bread at Walmart. I bought it. Just got
>>>home and tried a slice. It has the good ole white bread look and texture
>>>but still has a hint of fake...haha. All in all, pretty good though.
>>>Advertises 9g of carbs. Actually has 18 with various subtractions but is
>>>still low for bread.
>>>

>> After several days of the Wonder Lite White Bread - I won't buy it
>> again - phoney taste, toasts badly.... to me, you may find it fine. I'm
>> still using the Peppridge Farm Carb Style - pretty decent.
>>
>> New on site - Voortmans Cookies
>>
>> John
>> www.diabeticjunkfood.com
>>

> I did say that I cannot stand Wonder bread. However being raised in UK,
> there is bread (real) and bread( US). I am so glad I am no longer in
> Spain. Thebread man came around the part of town where we lived (
> non-American) three times a day. Was that fresh and crusty!! ( Wiping off
> the drool).
>
> Gillian

lol..... yep. I didn't know I liked bread so much till now. I was never big
on healthy bread though.... I liked good old fluffy white bread, you know,
the kind kids on TV commercials encourage us to eat.

John

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

johnniemccoy@ wrote:
> "Gill Murray" > wrote in message
>>

>> johnniemccoy@ wrote:
>>> "johnniemccoy@" > wrote

in message

it. Just

bread look

all, pretty

with various

>>> After several days of the Wonder Lite White Bread - I

won't buy it
>>> again - phoney taste, toasts badly.... to me, you may

find it fine.
>>> I'm still using the Peppridge Farm Carb Style - pretty

decent.

>>> New on site - Voortmans Cookies
>>>
>>> John
>>> www.diabeticjunkfood.com
>>>

>> I did say that I cannot stand Wonder bread. However being

raised in
>> UK, there is bread (real) and bread( US). I am so glad I

am no
>> longer in Spain. Thebread man came around the part of

town where we
>> lived ( non-American) three times a day. Was that fresh

and crusty!!
>> ( Wiping off the drool).
>>
>> Gillian

> lol..... yep. I didn't know I liked bread so much till

now. I was
> never big on healthy bread though.... I liked good old

fluffy white
> bread, you know, the kind kids on TV commercials encourage

us to eat.

> John

When I was a kid sliced bread was a rarity. They made crusty
loaves with an indentation in the middle so you could break
it apart and sell 1/2 a loaf. I loved that first middle
slice after the break, when fresh, crusty and thick. I used
to smother it with butter and Vegemite. The rest of the loaf
I couldn't have cared less about. Bread back then actually
tasted good.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> johnniemccoy@ wrote:
>> "Gill Murray" > wrote in message

> in message

> it. Just

> bread look

> all, pretty

> with various

> won't buy it

> find it fine.

> decent.

>>> I did say that I cannot stand Wonder bread. However being

> raised in
>>> UK, there is bread (real) and bread( US). I am so glad I

> am no
>>> longer in Spain. Thebread man came around the part of

> town where we
>>> lived ( non-American) three times a day. Was that fresh

> and crusty!!
>>> ( Wiping off the drool).
>>>
>>> Gillian

>> lol..... yep. I didn't know I liked bread so much till

> now. I was
>> never big on healthy bread though.... I liked good old

> fluffy white
>> bread, you know, the kind kids on TV commercials encourage

> us to eat.
>>
>> John

> When I was a kid sliced bread was a rarity. They made crusty
> loaves with an indentation in the middle so you could break
> it apart and sell 1/2 a loaf. I loved that first middle
> slice after the break, when fresh, crusty and thick. I used
> to smother it with butter and Vegemite. The rest of the loaf
> I couldn't have cared less about. Bread back then actually
> tasted good.

My favorite saying ,Oz, everything tasted better "back then"....lol.
I've smoked so long my taste buds are fried. When somebody says, "Ummm,
that's good." I go, "uh, mmm, yeah, sure is" and just trust em.

John

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 12:39:11 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>When I was a kid sliced bread was a rarity. They made crusty
>loaves with an indentation in the middle so you could break
>it apart and sell 1/2 a loaf. I loved that first middle
>slice after the break, when fresh, crusty and thick. I used
>to smother it with butter and Vegemite. The rest of the loaf
>I couldn't have cared less about. Bread back then actually
>tasted good.

I lurve the crust from the loaves I make, it's a real problem waiting
long enough for it to cool down : ) I use the Protein Power rye bread
recipe atm, yum.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine