Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Ping: Dee Randall, Cooktops

Dee, here is a link that describes all the types of cooktops we've been
discussing. This may help you differentiate between them.

http://tinyurl.com/kobl4

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo
____________________

BIOYA
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Dee Randall, Cooktops

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> Dee, here is a link that describes all the types of cooktops we've been
> discussing. This may help you differentiate between them.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/kobl4
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright ożo

Well - it looks like according to this definition, I have already solid
hotplate discs and radiant coils, and halogen and induction are not readily
available, then I'm in the market for "ceramic cooktop" with or without
dual-circuit elements, whatever they are.
Thank you, Wayne.
Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Fri 03 Mar 2006 05:52:22a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
Randall?

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> Dee, here is a link that describes all the types of cooktops we've been
>> discussing. This may help you differentiate between them.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/kobl4
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright ożo

> Well - it looks like according to this definition, I have already solid
> hotplate discs and radiant coils, and halogen and induction are not
> readily available, then I'm in the market for "ceramic cooktop" with or
> without dual-circuit elements, whatever they are.
> Thank you, Wayne.
> Dee

The dual (and now triple are available) circuit elements have selectable
burner sizes in the same "spot". By using a switch, you can select a
cooking area of 9" or 12", or 6", 9", or 12". This makes it convenient if
you are using several small pots and have already used the 2 small elements
on the cooktop. The URL I just posted for the slide-in model has a tripe
element.

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo
____________________

BIOYA
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> On Fri 03 Mar 2006 05:52:22a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
> Randall?
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>> 28.19...
>>> Dee, here is a link that describes all the types of cooktops we've been
>>> discussing. This may help you differentiate between them.
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/kobl4
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright ożo

>> Well - it looks like according to this definition, I have already solid
>> hotplate discs and radiant coils, and halogen and induction are not
>> readily available, then I'm in the market for "ceramic cooktop" with or
>> without dual-circuit elements, whatever they are.
>> Thank you, Wayne.
>> Dee

> The dual (and now triple are available) circuit elements have selectable
> burner sizes in the same "spot". By using a switch, you can select a
> cooking area of 9" or 12", or 6", 9", or 12". This makes it convenient if
> you are using several small pots and have already used the 2 small
> elements
> on the cooktop. The URL I just posted for the slide-in model has a tripe
> element.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright ożo
> ____________________

Ah ha! I understand re the dual, triple circuits.
I found your choice of Kenmore. Looks beautiful. Will you have this
installed as per the picture? This is the setup of what I will have to do.
Looks to me it's a good thing that I need a new countertop material because
I don't see how one could save the countertop after pulling the old one
hout. Have you chosen your countertop material yet? If you have, let me
know. I like your choice; also because I know you have put some time and
thought into it.
Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Fri 03 Mar 2006 06:29:56a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
Randall?

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> On Fri 03 Mar 2006 05:52:22a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
>> Randall?
>>

>>> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> 28.19...

>>> Well - it looks like according to this definition, I have already
>>> solid hotplate discs and radiant coils, and halogen and induction are
>>> not readily available, then I'm in the market for "ceramic cooktop"
>>> with or without dual-circuit elements, whatever they are.
>>> Thank you, Wayne.
>>> Dee

>> The dual (and now triple are available) circuit elements have
>> selectable burner sizes in the same "spot". By using a switch, you can
>> select a cooking area of 9" or 12", or 6", 9", or 12". This makes it
>> convenient if you are using several small pots and have already used
>> the 2 small elements on the cooktop. The URL I just posted for the
>> slide-in model has a tripe element.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright ożo ____________________

> Ah ha! I understand re the dual, triple circuits.
> I found your choice of Kenmore. Looks beautiful. Will you have this
> installed as per the picture? This is the setup of what I will have to
> do. Looks to me it's a good thing that I need a new countertop material
> because I don't see how one could save the countertop after pulling the
> old one hout. Have you chosen your countertop material yet? If you
> have, let me know. I like your choice; also because I know you have put
> some time and thought into it.
> Dee

No, the slide-in model I sent you is what I thought _you_ should look at.
I will need a free-standing range, but the one I chose is also a Kenmore
and with almost identical features as that one. If I were using a slide-in
model, I would choose the one I sent.

Budget dictates a laminate counter for me this time, but I am using a
premium grade that has the pattern running all the way through to the back.
Scratches and chips, should they happen, will not be obvious.

In my last kitchen I had a solid-surface material. I loved the way it
performed, but wasn't enchanted by its appearance. If I could afford it, I
would probably choose quartz or a laboratory grade composition.

--
Wayne Boatwright ŐżŐ¬