pltrgyst

Default Anyone here a knife Junkie

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:39:24 -0400, alan >
wrote:

>While I love my Wusthof Culinar knives....I think I found a new fave.
>
>Good balance and love the wood handles. Replacing them with Shun
>knives. Just a fellow knive's junkie reporting in.
>
>Anyone else here a knive junkie.

Anyone who only uses knives from a single manufacturer is not a knife junkie;
he's simply trying to impress.

-- Larry

Peter Aitken

"alan" > wrote in message
news
> While I love my Wusthof Culinar knives....I think I found a new fave.
>
> Good balance and love the wood handles. Replacing them with Shun
> knives. Just a fellow knive's junkie reporting in.
>
> Anyone else here a knive junkie.

Knife, not knive.

I suppose that I qualify. I must have 25 knives ranging from cheap Chicago
cutlery bought many years ago through various Henckles and Wusthofs to a few
expensive Japanese knives that I brought back from vacation. The fact is
that 80% of them sit largely unused. The exceptions a

An 8" Henckles chefs knife that is the real workhorse of the kitchen. 20
years old and as good as new.
A 4" Henckles paring knife that is used for delicate tasks.
A Chicago Cutlery Chinese cleaver.
A Japanese sushi knife, right-handed, that we bought at the Tsukiji fish
market in Tokyo.

--
Peter Aitken

Jeffrey Dunnam

I am.
"alan" > wrote in message
news
> While I love my Wusthof Culinar knives....I think I found a new fave.
>
> Good balance and love the wood handles. Replacing them with Shun
> knives. Just a fellow knive's junkie reporting in.
>
> Anyone else here a knive junkie.

> > Anyone else here a knive junkie.

Oh yeah! Me, too. Nothing like surfing ebay for vintage kitchen
"knifes"

Like Peter said I, too, have a boatload of knives on the counter but
only a few I regularly use. That Kershaw Shun Pro santoko is the
sweetest knife; it put my 6" Henckles back in the block for a long
rest. My Chicago Cutlery breadknife gets used before my Schiff and
Black Diamond offset knives. A cheap, plastic-handled Schiff paring
knife gets everyday use while my 4 Star paring knife just sits there
and looks pretty.... Not to mention that 14" Forschner I use for
mutilating pizzas.
I could go on and on....

Who was the ice-cube junkie? Jim Elbrecht General Cooking 16 26-09-2012 05:51 PM
Nattou junkie Dan Logcher Sushi 19 26-09-2005 06:30 PM
Junkie food robby thouvenel Asian Cooking 0 01-07-2005 01:26 PM
electric knife sharpener, stainless steel knife, knife's shelf Iou Sheng International Co., Ltd. Marketplace 0 02-01-2004 05:42 AM
Electric knife sharpener, knife, 3-layer complex steel knife Iou Sheng International Co., Ltd. Marketplace 0 24-12-2003 06:10 AM