Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default pot-size recognition on induction cooktops

I am full of questions. Sorry. But...

As I have said, I am getting an induction cooktop (any pros and
cons from owners of same re various brands is quite welcome).

One characteristic is see on some models is pot-size recognition.
While I can see there would be an upper limit, which would
correspond to the outer ring, is there some meaning attached to
the lower limits/smaller rings? Since the heat is produced in
conjunction with the pot, does this matter? (Probably expressed
poorly, but I hope someone will understand...)
--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:20:04 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:

>One characteristic is see on some models is pot-size recognition.
> While I can see there would be an upper limit, which would
>correspond to the outer ring, is there some meaning attached to
>the lower limits/smaller rings? Since the heat is produced in
>conjunction with the pot, does this matter?

That would depend on whether they can push maximum current through the
smaller rings, and generate full induction power.

I would suspect that it's like smooth-top electric concentric burners:
with the smaller diameters, you get less power. But I suspect you'd
only get that information from the manufacturer's engineers, if they
were willing to give it to you.

-- Larry