Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Timer on a rope

My sister wants one, mechanical, not digital; preferably with a
repeating ring (personally, I think that's unlikely in a mechanical
one). She has limited use of one hand. Any favorites?

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog - check
Posted to rec.food.equipment
Sky Sky is offline

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> My sister wants one, mechanical, not digital; preferably with a
> repeating ring (personally, I think that's unlikely in a mechanical
> one). She has limited use of one hand. Any favorites?

Not sure if this resource will help or not, but check with LS&S Group
(they're out of the Chicago area). I don't know if they'll have
something suitable or not, but maybe it'd definitely would be worthwhile
to check.

http://www.lssproducts.com/category/cooking-helpers

and more specifically for a mechanical timer (dunno if it's suitable or
not),

http://www.lssproducts.com/product/6494/cooking-helpers

The LS&S Group is a very good resource, but as with all companies, it's
a good idea to shop around first to get the best prices.

Sky, a customer (usual disclaimer, yadda yadda)

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Sky said...

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>
>> My sister wants one, mechanical, not digital; preferably with a
>> repeating ring (personally, I think that's unlikely in a mechanical
>> one). She has limited use of one hand. Any favorites?

> Not sure if this resource will help or not, but check with LS&S Group
> (they're out of the Chicago area). I don't know if they'll have
> something suitable or not, but maybe it'd definitely would be worthwhile
> to check.
>
> http://www.lssproducts.com/category/cooking-helpers
>
> and more specifically for a mechanical timer (dunno if it's suitable or
> not),
>
> http://www.lssproducts.com/product/6494/cooking-helpers
>
> The LS&S Group is a very good resource, but as with all companies, it's
> a good idea to shop around first to get the best prices.
>
> Sky, a customer (usual disclaimer, yadda yadda)

A digital timer can be programmed with one hand. Battery operated. Can be
carried around in a pocket. A mechanical timer is so 20th century!

Andy

Kitchen timer goes to the smartphone - Kitchenmate Timer hSenid Cooking Equipment 1 06-12-2012 10:54 AM
timer heteroscedastic General Cooking 49 14-08-2009 08:17 PM
timer heteroscedastic General Cooking 3 10-08-2009 07:45 PM
First timer Michael Sourdough 19 09-05-2007 07:43 PM
(slightly OT) Jolt-on-a-Rope MareCat General Cooking 2 27-02-2005 03:25 PM