Posted to rec.food.equipment
KLS KLS is offline

Default great bamboo cutting board at BBB

I was given as a birthday gift last month a really wonderful cutting
board made of bamboo that is now available at Bed Bath and Beyond: 14"
x 28" (from memory), and reversible with a small trough on the
perimeter of one side suitable for slicing cooked meat. I really like
this thing: it holds the point of the chef's knife and reduces the
risk of personal maiming that I tend to experience with the plastic
boards, and it has a nice tight grain that is not so tight it won't
hold the point (a problem I've experienced in certain wood boards).
This cost less than $30, highly competitive with the John Boos boards
I was lusting after, and entirely satisfactory! And probably a lot
lighter as it's about half the thickness and therefore much easier to
transport with one hand over to the skillet or pot awaiting the
chopped food to be cooked. Highly recommended, and I may actually go
buy a second to have for the future (Dee Dee would appreciate this
concept).
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:08:18 -0400, KLS wrote:
>
>> I was given as a birthday gift last month a really wonderful cutting
>> board made of bamboo that is now available at Bed Bath and Beyond: 14"
>> x 28" (from memory), and reversible with a small trough on the
>> perimeter of one side suitable for slicing cooked meat. I really like
>> this thing: it holds the point of the chef's knife and reduces the
>> risk of personal maiming that I tend to experience with the plastic
>> boards, and it has a nice tight grain that is not so tight it won't
>> hold the point (a problem I've experienced in certain wood boards).
>> This cost less than $30, highly competitive with the John Boos boards
>> I was lusting after, and entirely satisfactory! And probably a lot
>> lighter as it's about half the thickness and therefore much easier to
>> transport with one hand over to the skillet or pot awaiting the
>> chopped food to be cooked. Highly recommended, and I may actually go
>> buy a second to have for the future (Dee Dee would appreciate this
>> concept).

> I now have three bamboo cutting boards. And a bamboo napkin holder
> that allows them to stand upright against the back wall of the
> counter for safe and convenient storage.
>
> -sw

I have several bamboo cutting boards, too. I love them. My knives love
them, too. They don't dull as quickly as they do on other media.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> I now have three bamboo cutting boards. And a bamboo napkin holder
> that allows them to stand upright against the back wall of the
> counter for safe and convenient storage.
>
> -sw

My bamboo clothespins seem to be molding outside in the weather. For
some reason, I didn't expect that. No, I don't bring them inside when
I'm done using them; they live outside.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog - check