Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Keurig one-cup coffee brewers

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Can anyone speak about personal experience with the home units,
> specifically the B-40 "Elite" model? If you own one and had it do
> again, would you?
>
> Follow-ups set to rec.food.equipment.
>
> Thanks.

I have a Keurig one-cup. I have the pod adapter so that I can use my
own coffee rather than pods. It's OK but I don't use it much anymore. I
prefer my Aeropress.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 20:40:49 -0700, Bob Ross
> wrote:

>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Can anyone speak about personal experience with the home units,
>> specifically the B-40 "Elite" model? If you own one and had it do
>> again, would you?
>>
>> Follow-ups set to rec.food.equipment.
>>
>> Thanks.

>I have a Keurig one-cup. I have the pod adapter so that I can use my
>own coffee rather than pods. It's OK but I don't use it much anymore. I
>prefer my Aeropress.

Thanks for the pointer on the Aeropress. I hadn't heard of it before.

It appears to have potential in that it combines the features of a
French press with convenience, easier cleaning, and low cost ($26 -
Amazon and elswhere). It doesn't depend on pods. It does require
special filters but they are only 4 bucks for 350.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Jed - Delete Before Reading wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 20:40:49 -0700, Bob Ross
> > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>> Can anyone speak about personal experience with the home units,
>>> specifically the B-40 "Elite" model? If you own one and had it do
>>> again, would you?
>>>
>>> Follow-ups set to rec.food.equipment.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>> I have a Keurig one-cup. I have the pod adapter so that I can use my
>> own coffee rather than pods. It's OK but I don't use it much anymore. I
>> prefer my Aeropress.

> Thanks for the pointer on the Aeropress. I hadn't heard of it before.
>
> It appears to have potential in that it combines the features of a
> French press with convenience, easier cleaning, and low cost ($26 -
> Amazon and elswhere). It doesn't depend on pods. It does require
> special filters but they are only 4 bucks for 350.

It does use an awful lot of coffee.