Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Rosle - commenting on fruit corer

Rosle fruit corer - Just commenting and complaining with a crooked-smile.

I got the fruit corer I ordered, and found that it is quite large, as I
must've got confused looking at the sizes, as I see there are 3 sizes at
Amazon available. The beat-up tag says for pineapple, so perhaps it is a
'many times returned' item.

Looking again at the site, I read a comment about Rosle products which
occurs here, the second comment down:
http://tinyurl.com/5s2lyk

Looking closely at the hard-to-remove sticker ON the corer, which is quite
bold in its lettering, I see written "Germany." Looking closer, I see above
it on the handle, a see-through very small sticker with tiny letters, 'made
in China.'

I note that on the Amazon site, it says
"Designed and engineered in Germany." :-)))

An aside: I've not had a good pineapple since I left Hawaii. It would seem
to me that it would be do-able, but obviously not. Maybe they've shipped
all the good pineapples to China (where there are plenty of good tools). By
Jove, I've got it!

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> Rosle fruit corer - Just commenting and complaining with a crooked-smile.
>
> I got the fruit corer I ordered, and found that it is quite large, as I
> must've got confused looking at the sizes, as I see there are 3 sizes at
> Amazon available. The beat-up tag says for pineapple, so perhaps it is
> a 'many times returned' item.
>
> Looking again at the site, I read a comment about Rosle products which
> occurs here, the second comment down:
> http://tinyurl.com/5s2lyk
>
> Looking closely at the hard-to-remove sticker ON the corer, which is quite
> bold in its lettering, I see written "Germany." Looking closer, I see
> above it on the handle, a see-through very small sticker with tiny
> letters, 'made in China.'
>
> I note that on the Amazon site, it says
> "Designed and engineered in Germany." :-)))
>

> Dee Dee

Complaining further, as my Rosle fruit corer BENT using it on a Rome apple.
I guess an apple must be harder than a pineapple?
Damn!
Dee Dee

Rosle salad spinner - ss AND plastic? Dee Randall Cooking Equipment 21 16-10-2008 05:41 PM
Rosle iron pans, advice required please Shirl Cooking Equipment 14 08-11-2006 02:54 PM
Apple peeler/corer Me General Cooking 14 11-12-2005 07:28 PM
Frozen Fruit versus fresh fruit [email protected] Baking 2 03-02-2005 09:38 PM
Apple peeler/slicer/corer!?!?! Andy General Cooking 2 13-11-2004 05:08 AM