Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Todd English's thermolon technology

http://www.fdqmagazine.com/English/news.asp?ID=943

I saw that Todd English was having a demo on a network that sells cooking
stuff - a 2 hour runinng time, so I tuned in for about 10 minutes and was
smitten. They were having a great ole time demonstrating this cookware.

It looks fabulous, but I googled some reviews of persons who had bought it
and it doesn't look like it really works for a lot of people; although some
say it's great. Based on the reviews, I would have to pass.

No word of "induction" mentioned that I could find.

Up to 850º !!!!

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 10:22:32 -0400, "Dee Randall" > wrote:

>No word of "induction" mentioned that I could find.

"Made of aluminum 3003." Not induction suitable. 8;(

>Up to 850º !!!!

Great if it came with an oven that could reach those heights! 8

But lids only to 420. 8;(

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Dee Randall > wrote:

> It looks fabulous, but I googled some reviews of persons who had bought it
> and it doesn't look like it really works for a lot of people; although some
> say it's great. Based on the reviews, I would have to pass.

Anything sold VIA an infomercial is very questionable. If it was
really good technology or product, a name-brand manufacturer would
have marketed it long ago. Most of this "technology" has already
been considered by the real manufacturers and discarded.

I still don't understand why Crazy Glue sells so well.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:35:57 -0500, Sqwertz > wrote:

>I still don't understand why Crazy Glue sells so well.

That's the "Crazy" part.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> Anything sold VIA an infomercial is very questionable.

I have seen Wolfgang Puck's SS cookware on one of the home slopping - er
- shopping channels, and I know it is available at retail. But it is
nothing outstanding. Copper heat plate on the bottom, wrapped in SS,
and the SS is the ferris 18/10, very commonly used, induction friendly,
but nothing to get excited about (which is prolly why they need to use
home shopping to dump it).

As to the GreenPan, I'd be interested to know if it is available
anywhere at retail? A quick google search didn't show any brick and
mortars, but I will admit I didn't scroll down at all. Only saw HSN,
Amazon and Overstock.com at a quick glance.

jt

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Dee Randall > wrote:
>
>> It looks fabulous, but I googled some reviews of persons who had bought
>> it
>> and it doesn't look like it really works for a lot of people; although
>> some
>> say it's great. Based on the reviews, I would have to pass.

> Anything sold VIA an infomercial is very questionable. If it was
> really good technology or product, a name-brand manufacturer would
> have marketed it long ago. Most of this "technology" has already
> been considered by the real manufacturers and discarded.

Normally I agree with this. But I have to say that our Showtime Rotisserie
is all it's advertised to be. And I bought it through an infomercual.

> I still don't understand why Crazy Glue sells so well.
>
> -sw

Posted to rec.food.equipment

jt august > wrote:

> As to the GreenPan, I'd be interested to know if it is available
> anywhere at retail? A quick google search didn't show any brick and
> mortars, but I will admit I didn't scroll down at all. Only saw HSN,
> Amazon and Overstock.com at a quick glance.

There's a chain of brick and mortar "As Seen on TV" stores across
the country. I forget where In which state I've seen them, but
here's a partial list:

http://www.mallseeker.com/as-seen-on-tv.aspx

Walgreens also sells a lot of the "As Seen on TV" stuff.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Tom Royer > wrote:

> Normally I agree with this. But I have to say that our Showtime Rotisserie
> is all it's advertised to be. And I bought it through an infomercual.

That's actually the only exception that I could think of when I
posted that. I don't own one, but I've heard favorable reviews of
them.

I liked the Ronco dehydrator, too. I tried a couple of the
fan-assisted ones and was happier with the Ronco in the same price
range (under $50).

-sw
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> jt august > wrote:
>
> > As to the GreenPan, I'd be interested to know if it is available
> > anywhere at retail? A quick google search didn't show any brick and
> > mortars, but I will admit I didn't scroll down at all. Only saw HSN,
> > Amazon and Overstock.com at a quick glance.

> There's a chain of brick and mortar "As Seen on TV" stores across
> the country. I forget where In which state I've seen them, but
> here's a partial list:
>
> http://www.mallseeker.com/as-seen-on-tv.aspx
>
> Walgreens also sells a lot of the "As Seen on TV" stuff.

I am familiar with that chain. We have one here in StL at the St. Louis
Mills Mall. And while it IS a retail outlet, this is one that does not
give its products any credibility since all it carries is infomercial
merchandise, and sometimes it is a infomercial discount liquidator.

So, beyond that chain, are there any "legitimate" brick and mortar
outlets?

jt

Todd English does Sushi noauth Sushi 1 27-04-2012 05:52 AM
Todd English's Tomato Chutney Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 12-01-2008 07:11 PM
Todd English's Tomato Chutney Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 10-04-2007 02:08 AM
Todd English: Restaurateur, Chef and Huge Beer Slut JaKe Beer 0 23-09-2005 02:48 PM
Todd English: Restaurateur, Chef and Huge Beer Slut [email protected] General Cooking 3 23-09-2005 10:16 AM