Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Waffle plate for Cuisinart Griddler?

Has anyone heard of any company making waffle iron plates
for the Cuisinart Griddler? It seems like that would be
something fairly easy to do, but a web search hasn't turned
anything up.

--
Mike Van Pelt | Wikipedia. The roulette wheel of knowledge.
mvp at calweb.com | --Blair P. Houghton
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Oct 8, 12:04 pm, (Mike Van Pelt) wrote:
> Has anyone heard of any company making waffle iron plates
> for the Cuisinart Griddler? It seems like that would be
> something fairly easy to do, but a web search hasn't turned
> anything up.
>
> --
> Mike Van Pelt | Wikipedia. The roulette wheel of knowledge.
> mvp at calweb.com | --Blair P. Houghton
> KE6BVH

Any luck Mike? I am looking for the same exact thing. Thank you.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Oct 30, 6:37 pm, wrote:
> On Oct 8, 12:04 pm, (Mike Van Pelt) wrote:
>
> > Has anyone heard of any company making waffle iron plates
> > for the Cuisinart Griddler? It seems like that would be
> > something fairly easy to do, but a web search hasn't turned
> > anything up.

> > --
> > Mike Van Pelt | Wikipedia. The roulette wheel of knowledge.
> > mvp at calweb.com | --Blair P. Houghton
> > KE6BVH

> Any luck Mike? I am looking for the same exact thing. Thank you.

I've also been looking for the exact same thing. If anyone finds it,
please let me know!
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Van Pelt View Post
Has anyone heard of any company making waffle iron plates
for the Cuisinart Griddler? It seems like that would be
something fairly easy to do, but a web search hasn't turned
anything up.

--
Mike Van Pelt | Wikipedia. The roulette wheel of knowledge.
mvp at calweb.com | --Blair P. Houghton
KE6BVH

I have not been able to find anything, either. But, there's an email address on Cuisinart's website that you can send product suggestions to. Maybe if a few more people request it, they'll make it!

"Other Inquiries:
If you have any suggestions regarding new products or features you would like to see on existing Cuisinart® products, please forward them utilizing the following address:
Product Development - "

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Van Pelt View Post
Has anyone heard of any company making waffle iron plates
for the Cuisinart Griddler? It seems like that would be
something fairly easy to do, but a web search hasn't turned
anything up.

--
Mike Van Pelt | Wikipedia. The roulette wheel of knowledge.
mvp at calweb.com | --Blair P. Houghton
KE6BVH
I sell nonstick coatings to the cookware and kitchen electrics industry so am pretty familiar with the units available. Making a multi-functional unit, like the Cuisinart Griddler is a fairly complicated process. The plates for a griidle or a grill have to be carefully engineereed for the proper heating of the food being cooked. A hamburger or steak have an entirely different heating requirement than a waffle. I do not know of any units on the market that have the dual capability to grill foods and also make waffles. The requirements of each just are too different.

Nonstick
Member

something fairly easy to do, but a web search hasn't turned
anything up..
Member

I found one by searching for cuisinart griddler waffle.
Here's the link I got from Amazon:
Amazon.com: Cuisinart GR-WAFP Griddler Waffle Plates: Kitchen & Dining