Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Best gas (propane) cooktops??

I'm shopping for a gas (propane) cooktop for marine installation. Due
to space constraints, I need to stay in the 24-inch range, I *might*
be able to push it to 28-inch. I am interested in the Fagor 28-inch,
looks good in the photos and on the mfgrs website, BUT... they have
only been in the US for 2 years, and nobody seems to know much about
them.

I have a Blue Star at home, so I'm very spoiled by 18,000 BTU power. I
doubt that I'll find that kind of power in a 24-inch cooktop, but
maybe I can come close (Fagor has a 15,000 BTU "triple crown" burner.)

Any advice or comments about ANY cooktop brands of ANY size would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Foodgirl > wrote:

>I have a Blue Star at home, so I'm very spoiled by 18,000 BTU power. I
>doubt that I'll find that kind of power in a 24-inch cooktop, but
>maybe I can come close (Fagor has a 15,000 BTU "triple crown" burner.)

Hmmm. I re-did my kitchen last year, did my research and installed a
30" Blue Star. Mine came with two 22K btu burners, which I thought was
their standard.

>Any advice or comments about ANY cooktop brands of ANY size would be
>appreciated.

Totally satisfied with the Blue Star. How did I ever do without it?

LeeBat
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On May 21, 5:26 am, LeeBat > wrote:
> Foodgirl > wrote:
> >I have a Blue Star at home, so I'm very spoiled by 18,000 BTU power. I
> >doubt that I'll find that kind of power in a 24-inch cooktop, but
> >maybe I can come close (Fagor has a 15,000 BTU "triple crown" burner.)

> Hmmm. I re-did my kitchen last year, did my research and installed a
> 30" Blue Star. Mine came with two 22K btu burners, which I thought was
> their standard.
>
> >Any advice or comments about ANY cooktop brands of ANY size would be
> >appreciated.

> Totally satisfied with the Blue Star. How did I ever do without it?
>
> LeeBat

Yes, I love my home Blue Star too. Mine is about 3-4 years old, I
think they upgraded from 18K to 22K since then. Wish they made a small
cooktop, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Foodgirl > wrote:

> Yes, I love my home Blue Star too. Mine is about 3-4 years old, I
> think they upgraded from 18K to 22K since then. Wish they made a small
> cooktop, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

This may be stretching the point a little, but if you want to go
completely over the top on cooking power, take a look at
http://www.bigjohngrills.com/60I.html

I have one outdoors on a "cooking porch", it works very, very
well. It takes a hoist to handle the pan which matches, but that's
a solved problem.

bob prohaska

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Stu Stu is offline

On May 20, 11:25 pm, Foodgirl > wrote:
> I'm shopping for a gas (propane) cooktop for marine installation. Due
> to space constraints, I need to stay in the 24-inch range, I *might*
> be able to push it to 28-inch. I am interested in the Fagor 28-inch,
> looks good in the photos and on the mfgrs website, BUT... they have
> only been in the US for 2 years, and nobody seems to know much about
> them.

Hi Foodgirl, I have dealt with Fagor appliances for several years in
the UK and I have to say I am more than happy with the equipment and
service. Don't worry too much about them being new to your area as
they are a massive company worldwide and get spares very quickly. Any
questions feel free to send me an e-mail or repost.

Stu
www.cateringappliancesltd.co.uk

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On May 25, 3:17 am, Stu > wrote:
> On May 20, 11:25 pm, Foodgirl > wrote:
>
> > I'm shopping for a gas (propane) cooktop for marine installation. Due
> > to space constraints, I need to stay in the 24-inch range, I *might*
> > be able to push it to 28-inch. I am interested in the Fagor 28-inch,
> > looks good in the photos and on the mfgrs website, BUT... they have
> > only been in the US for 2 years, and nobody seems to know much about
> > them.

> Hi Foodgirl, I have dealt with Fagor appliances for several years in
> the UK and I have to say I am more than happy with the equipment and
> service. Don't worry too much about them being new to your area as
> they are a massive company worldwide and get spares very quickly. Any
> questions feel free to send me an e-mail or repost.
>
> Stuwww.cateringappliancesltd.co.uk

Thanks to everyone for their comments and advice. I've determined that
the 28-inch Fagor will really be a bit too large for my galley...uses
up too much precious counter space. So I've opted for a 24-inch AEG.
Great specs, 16,000 BTU triple ring, hottest I've found, and made by a
highly respected German company that's been around for 120 years.

Best,
Foodgirl

Gas cooktops Steve B[_7_] General Cooking 21 06-03-2010 05:31 PM
Cooktops Janet General Cooking 91 19-08-2008 06:59 PM
Cooktops like this one? Mitch General Cooking 4 19-02-2007 03:33 AM
Propane gas cooktops question animzmirot Cooking Equipment 3 15-04-2005 10:14 PM
Gas Cooktops: Which? Al Fresco General Cooking 8 03-03-2005 05:47 PM