FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   Mason Food Storage Jars - Where can I buy online? (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/110355-mason-food-storage-jars.html)

[email protected] 21-12-2006 02:26 AM

Mason Food Storage Jars - Where can I buy online?

as used by Michael Smith on "Chef at Home".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI-sPlVlPuU

tia

Dee Randall 21-12-2006 02:47 AM

Mason Food Storage Jars - Where can I buy online?

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> as used by Michael Smith on "Chef at Home".
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI-sPlVlPuU
>
> tia

If you will google "mason jars" you will find oodles of places to find these
Mason jars.
Just as in your link, this is exactly how I 'vacuum' pack all of my spices,
beans, everything that comes into my home in a bag, goes into a Mason Jar.
Dee

Rusty[_1_] 21-12-2006 06:07 PM

wrote:
> as used by Michael Smith on "Chef at Home".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI-sPlVlPuU

> tia

Here are some places to buy mason jars online:

Freund Container
http://www.freundcontainer.com/produ...cd2=1166723876

Goldmans
http://www.goodmans.net/item.asp?n=B...-60000&sc=FRGL

Wholesale Coffee
http://wholesalecoffee.stores.yahoo.net/masonjars.html

The Pressure Cooker Outlet
http://www.pressurecooker-outlet.com...m?source=goadd

Speciality Bottle
http://www.specialtybottle.com/index...FSgHNAod8w-EwA

Homecanning.com
http://www.homecanning.com/usa/ALProducts.asp

Goodmans
http://www.goodmans.net/dept.asp?d=5...og&k=mason+jar

Canning Pantry
http://www.canningpantry.com/canning-jars.html

Rusty
__
If the answer is always search "Google", why not shutdown newsgroups
and just post a link to "Google"?

[email protected] 22-12-2006 08:53 AM

Rusty wrote:

> Here are some places to buy mason jars online:

thanks for your help Rusty
BillyBob

timbrel 25-12-2006 03:44 PM

wrote:
> Rusty wrote:
>
> > Here are some places to buy mason jars online:

> thanks for your help Rusty
> BillyBob

Years ago Ball made a quart wide-mouth freezer jar. I still have a
couple and so wish I could find more. Nothing better for freezing soup,
IMHO. Anyone remember these or know if they are still around somewhere?

thanks, Bliss

Dee Randall 25-12-2006 07:11 PM

Mason Food Storage Jars - Where can I buy online?

"timbrel" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> wrote:
>> Rusty wrote:
>>
>> > Here are some places to buy mason jars online:

>> thanks for your help Rusty
>> BillyBob

> Years ago Ball made a quart wide-mouth freezer jar. I still have a
> couple and so wish I could find more. Nothing better for freezing soup,
> IMHO. Anyone remember these or know if they are still around somewhere?
>
> thanks, Bliss

They are everywhere still. Look at Walmart, grocery stores, Ace and local
hardware stores. You just have to hit them at the right time. Some will
say that "it isn't the season to carry these things, but you will find them
'all' times of the year somewhere. I have quite buying the small mouth.
But since I have loads of them, I still use them to store herbs.
I really like the white screw-top plastic tops - they are easy to use and no
replacements are needed as quickly as the rubber lids and rings.

Dee

The Cook 25-12-2006 08:32 PM

On 25 Dec 2006 07:44:37 -0800, "timbrel" > wrote:

wrote:
>> Rusty wrote:
>>
>> > Here are some places to buy mason jars online:

>> thanks for your help Rusty
>> BillyBob

>Years ago Ball made a quart wide-mouth freezer jar. I still have a
>couple and so wish I could find more. Nothing better for freezing soup,
>IMHO. Anyone remember these or know if they are still around somewhere?
>
>thanks, Bliss

Depends on where you are. I am in rural NC and one of my local
groceries has Ball and Kerr jars year around. The are on shelves at
the front of the store. WalMart gets rid of theirs in September or
October. Thrift shops and yard sales are almost year around too.

--
Susan N.

Lew/+Silat 26-12-2006 02:24 PM

Mason Food Storage Jars - Where can I buy online?

> wrote in message ups.com...
> as used by Michael Smith on "Chef at Home".
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI-sPlVlPuU
>
> tia

If you google the product you will get lots of hits.

--
Lew/+Silat