Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Induction Cooktops

Does anyone here have an induction cooktop? How do you like it? Does
it hum or make a lot of noise?
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:49:35 -0400, Klaatu > wrote:

>Does anyone here have an induction cooktop? How do you like it? Does
>it hum or make a lot of noise?

No, but my wife does whenever she gets too close with her pacemaker.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

HeHeHe, I'm hearing that that is a fallacy. You'd have to get on top
od the thing for it to possibly have an effect. Besides, I should be
quite a few years away from a pacemaker or defribulator- hopefully...

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 21:29:36 -0400, pltrgyst
> wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:49:35 -0400, Klaatu > wrote:
>
>>Does anyone here have an induction cooktop? How do you like it? Does
>>it hum or make a lot of noise?

>No, but my wife does whenever she gets too close with her pacemaker.
>
>-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Is there a particular song you are expecting it to hum?

"Klaatu" > wrote in message
> Does anyone here have an induction cooktop? How do you like it? Does
> it hum or make a lot of noise?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Klaatu" > wrote in message
> Does anyone here have an induction cooktop? How do you like it? Does
> it hum or make a lot of noise?

I have had one since yesterday! Its a Miele one and yes it does hum a
little when its turned on.

I havent had much 'play' time with it yet but i'm impressed at the speed it
boils things, and then how quickly you can get a gentle simmer. Yes yes I
know people have being doing that for years but I was used to an old ceramic
cooker top.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Klaatu wrote:
> Does anyone here have an induction cooktop? How do you like it? Does
> it hum or make a lot of noise?

My older one hums and clicks a bit. It also has an alarm when
you take the pot off the burner.

I like the principle, but the older models weren't that great.
I would buy an new one in a flash. I think they are much
more powerful--like the ones in other countries. (I am in the
US.)

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Thanks for the input. I bought the Thermador CIT362DS hybrid model
last week. It will be delivered on the 2nd. My kitchen will not be
ready until mid December. I'll post as soon as it's hooked up.

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 12:19:23 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Klaatu wrote:
>> Does anyone here have an induction cooktop? How do you like it? Does
>> it hum or make a lot of noise?

>My older one hums and clicks a bit. It also has an alarm when
>you take the pot off the burner.
>
>I like the principle, but the older models weren't that great.
> I would buy an new one in a flash. I think they are much
>more powerful--like the ones in other countries. (I am in the
>US.)

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:49:35 -0400, Klaatu > wrote:
>
>>Does anyone here have an induction cooktop? How do you like it? Does
>>it hum or make a lot of noise?

> No, but my wife does whenever she gets too close with her pacemaker.
>
> -- Larry

My induction single unit (2 of them) both click and hum all during cooking.
I don't mind it as I know they are doing their job.

Today as DH was coming into the house, I could see him taking out his cell
phone to announce his arrival, and the unit I was cooking on clicked off and
on very quickly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Whooooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scarey!
Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:29:43 -0500, "Dee Randall" > wrote:

>>>Does anyone here have an induction cooktop? How do you like it? Does
>>>it hum or make a lot of noise?

>> No, but my wife does whenever she gets too close with her pacemaker.
>>
>> -- Larry

>My induction single unit (2 of them) both click and hum all during cooking.
>I don't mind it as I know they are doing their job.
>
>Today as DH was coming into the house, I could see him taking out his cell
>phone to announce his arrival, and the unit I was cooking on clicked off and
>on very quickly.
>Scarey!

No -- great! Sounds like you've got the world's first remotely controllable
induction cooktop. You can start dinner *before* you leave work...

-- Larry