Default French Press without my own grinder

I'd like to try french press coffee without buying my own grinder at
first. The supermarket has a coffee grinder, which I assume can grind
coarse enough for french press. But I read that ground coffee is only
good for a couple of hours? Is this true? So if I buy even the smallest
bag of coffee, I can make a few cups and then I have to throw the rest
of it away?

Another use for my French Press Alan Petrillo Tea 19 22-08-2007 07:31 PM
large French press Chris Coffee 0 05-12-2006 03:55 AM
French Press Scott O General Cooking 18 25-09-2006 04:08 AM
Lichee Tea In A French Press carl Tea 6 02-05-2005 10:11 PM
French coffee press? Anonymous Coffee 5 07-07-2004 07:12 PM